The Student Room Group

Black Lives Matter: an incoherent and moronic movement.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by WBZ144
So it's worse to kill those of your own ethnicity than it is to kill "others", even though the killing is being done on a greater scale?
I didn't say it was worse. I was just pointing out the blinkered stupidity and misplaced logic of your "it's dem IC1s wot dun it to the IC3s" stance.
Original post by viffer
I didn't say it was worse. I was just pointing out the blinkered stupidity and misplaced logic of your "it's dem IC1s wot dun it to the IC3s" stance.

My point was a response to those who claim that Blacks are more violent than other races because of gun crime stats in America. Other races are certainly able to commit violence if we look at those wars and other atrocities, and on a mass scale too.
Original post by WBZ144
Even those genocides and wars do not compare to the ones that have been committed by individual non-Black races in terms of body count and destruction, as I said. You can justify racism towards Blacks by quoting stats showing and attempting to prove that we are more violent and less intelligent, but when we call you out on your BS, thinly-veiled agenda and make the point that the same can apply to non-Blacks in order to "prove" that they are more violent, I am "hysterical" and want to blame Whites.

Perhaps if you stopped being so hypocritical, your threads would look more balanced. If you "analysed" the data that you use to prove that Muslims are intolerant or that Blacks are violent and unintelligent as you did with the data which showed racism among Trump supporters, it would be easier to take you seriously.

This is why your posts are being censored by the way. You make heinous accusations about people and you have no respect whatsoever.

Racism against black people can never be justified, in the same manner that racism against any ethnic group can also never be justified. Racism is unacceptable - and where people hold an irrational view of a person because of their skin colour, then we should denounce them unequivocally. Just because I say that black people are more prone to violence in the US - which is a statistical fact - that doesn't give people a right to hold unfounded views against black people on an individual basis.

Nevertheless, once again in your reply you made the same accusations of racism and bigotry yet failed to provide any evidence of it.
Original post by WBZ144
My point was a response to those who claim that Blacks are more violent than other races because of gun crime stats in America. Other races are certainly able to commit violence if we look at those wars and other atrocities, and on a mass scale too.

but isn't this an American issue so comparing it to the rest of the world a little pointless?

and a war is not the same as a 'mugging' so again not comparable
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jake4198
This is why your posts are being censored by the way. You make heinous accusations about people and you have no respect whatsoever.

Racism against black people can never be justified, in the same manner that racism against any ethnic group can also never be justified. Racism is unacceptable - and where people hold an irrational view of a person because of their skin colour, then we should denounce them unequivocally. Just because I say that black people are more prone to violence in the US - which is a statistical fact - that doesn't give people a right to hold unfounded views against black people on an individual basis.

Nevertheless, once again in your reply you made the same accusations of racism and bigotry yet failed to provide any evidence of it.

I think that you have no respect either. I did not report your posts though, not until you and your clan started to report mine.

So why is it that when I showed you that data which proved that a significant portion of Trump supporters held racist views, you attempted to justify it?

Here it is again, as that thread was deleted:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-race-idUKKCN0ZE2SW
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
I think that you have no respect either. I did not report your posts though, not until you and your clan started to report mine.

So why is it that when I showed you that data which proved that a significant portion of Trump supporters held racist views, you attempted to justify it?

They were't racist views.

Example
Are all black people less intelligent than white people?

Conclusion
Untrue - and yes, that is racist.

Example
Are some black people less intelligent than white people?

Conclusion
True - and no, that is not racist.

Example
Are some white people less intelligent than black people?

Conclusion

Example
Are black people less intelligent than white people?

Conclusion
True - and no, that is not racist. The question doesn't define "white" or "black" people. So, the participants are forced to assume "generally". And generally speaking - as proved by SAT and GPA data - black people are less intelligent than white people.
They were't racist views.

Example
Are all black people less intelligent than white people?

Conclusion
Untrue - and yes, that is racist.

Example
Are some black people less intelligent than white people?

Conclusion

Example
Are some white people less intelligent than black people?

Conclusion

Example
Are black people less intelligent than white people?

Conclusion
True - and no, that is not racist. The question doesn't define "white" or "black" people. So, the participants are forced to assume "generally". And generally speaking - as proved by SAT and GPA data - black people are less intelligent than white people.

I updated my post to show the stats. Those were not the question that were put forth.

OK, so you agree. Then don't attempt to dress your views up as something different to what they are.

If you believe that one race is more intelligent than another, you believe that that race is superior. There is no other way of putting it.
(edited 7 years ago)
BLM's only argument for their movement over here is that climate change is racist... It's just bloody stupid.
Original post by JoshDawg
BLM's only argument for their movement over here is that climate change is racist... It's just bloody stupid.

The movement is controlled by rich ugly yuppies, did you see who was arrested they were all white...
yikes is this TSR or stormfront
Again, the chart which Reuters provided is very broad and intentionally misleading in the manner in which it asks the question.

Define "blacks" and "whites" when asked in such a vague manner?

Does it mean "some whites" and "some blacks"? Does it mean "all whites" and "all blacks"? Or does it mean "generally" - which one should assume when the question doesn't define it.

So, generally speaking, saying that black people are "less intelligent", "more lazy", "more rude", "more violent" and "more criminal" than white people is not racist if the respondents have data to show for their answer.

As I discussed, generally speaking, black people are less intelligent. However, this doesn't mean all blacks are less intelligent than whites.

As I discussed, there's no evidence that I know of to prove that blacks are more lazy or have less manners.

As I discussed, black people - generally speaking - are more violent and more criminal than white people and that is proved by FBI data. Again, that does not mean that all black people are more violent and criminal than whites, but generally speaking, it's a perfectly reasonable conclusion.

I don't recall Trump supporters complaining that the questions were too vague. They gave "yes" or "no" answers, and those were their views of Black people.

And as others and myself have pointed out; it is not a "perfectly reasonable" conclusion because if you're going to generalise a race as a whole, Blacks are responsible for far less violence worldwide. And that is a fair comparison, as Blacks do not only exist in America.
Original post by sophiamarni
yikes is this TSR or stormfront

It's how StormFront would look if its users attempted to sophisticate their arguments and veil their prejudice.
Original post by WBZ144
I don't recall Trump supporters complaining that the questions were too vague. They gave "yes" or "no" answers, and those were their views of Black people.

And as others and myself have pointed out; it is not a "perfectly reasonable" conclusion because if you're going to generalise a race as a whole, Blacks are responsible for far less violence worldwide. And that is a fair comparison, as Blacks do not only exist in America.

Shockingly, Reuters choose not to add a tick-box for "the question is too vague".

From an academic perspective, you would be manipulating any sense of validity in your own conclusion if you used the Reuters poll as evidence to suggest that Donald Trump supporters hold unfounded and racist views towards black Americans, especially given the vagueness of the questions asked and the failure to define "blacks" as a value.

If you want to believe that black people are less violent because of their collective lack of foreign involvement, then that is a position which I will allow you to ponder. Personally, I believe the notion that blacks are less violent than whites - on the basis of global interventionism - is a far-fetched philosophical quandary, but my original post was more concerned about domestic violence and never intended to imply that black people - globally - are a violent group.

Regardless of my argument, you are not going to turn into a Trump-loving neo-conservative so I will refrain from any added indoctrination. However, you should stop being so salty when you have a conversation with people and you should also stop making hideous accusations when you have no evidence to prove it. You say you reported my posts? I'd be amazed if any of them are removed.

Just a final point on your earlier post. Yes, black people are less intelligent than white people - generally speaking. However, black people are not inferior to white people. The reason why blacks perform more poorly in terms of academic attainment is down to sky-high single-parenthood rates, poverty and high crime in black neighbourhoods - and I refute any notion blacks are genetically disadvantaged as there's no evidence to prove that.

If you disagree with my conclusions, fine. However, at least provide an argument in the opposing direction. I'm mature enough to admit I have a bias; and of course I'm going to select data that suits my narrative. Even so, it's the responsibility of other people to refute my sentiments and I'd never proclaim or express a position which is obviously not true.
Colin Kaepernick for MVP
Shockingly, Reuters choose not to add a tick-box for "the question is too vague".

From an academic perspective, you would be manipulating any sense of validity in your own conclusion if you used the Reuters poll as evidence to suggest that Donald Trump supporters hold unfounded and racist views towards black Americans, especially given the vagueness of the questions asked and the failure to define "blacks" as a value.

If you want to believe that black people are less violent because of their collective lack of foreign involvement, then that is a position which I will allow you to ponder. Personally, I believe the notion that blacks are less violent than whites - on the basis of global interventionism - is a far-fetched philosophical quandary, but my original post was more concerned about domestic violence and never intended to imply that black people - globally - are a violent group.

Regardless of my argument, you are not going to turn into a Trump-loving neo-conservative so I will refrain from any added indoctrination. However, you should stop being so salty when you have a conversation with people and you should also stop making hideous accusations when you have no evidence to prove it. You say you reported my posts? I'd be amazed if any of them are removed.

Just a final point on your earlier post. Yes, black people are less intelligent than white people - generally speaking. However, black people are not inferior to white people. The reason why blacks perform more poorly in terms of academic attainment is down to sky-high single-parenthood rates, poverty and high crime in black neighbourhoods - and I refute any notion blacks are genetically disadvantaged as there's no evidence to prove that.

If you disagree with my conclusions, fine. However, at least provide an argument in the opposing direction. I'm mature enough to admit I have a bias; and of course I'm going to select data that suits my narrative. Even so, it's the responsibility of other people to refute my sentiments and I'd never proclaim or express a position which is obviously not true.

And they were not obligated to respond. Bottom line is that Reuters did not specify "some Black people", yet they choose answers stating that Blacks are less intelligent, lazier, more criminal, more violent and ruder.

That means that less Black people are achieving academically. Like I already said, intelligence is genetic, it's not synonymous with work ethic. It's the ability to achieve as oppose to the effort put into achieving.

But you said outright that Blacks are generally more violent than Whites. It is nonsensical to use domestic statistics only, as violence is violence. It does not somehow fall under another name if it happens through warfare and is state-sponsored.

Well, I was surprised that saying "Blacks have waged less wars than other races" was regarded as "saying negative things about someone because of their race". Saying that Blacks are generally more violent and less intelligent would be considered far more inflammatory.
Reply 55
Original post by WBZ144
And who waged the most wars worldwide, historically and in the present time period? Certainly not Black people.
I guess it would depend which wars we are talking about.
Pretty much all the wars in Europe were waged by white people. Before the 19th century, pretty much all the wars in Africa were waged by black people. Before the 16th century, all the wars in the Americas were waged by native Americans. Wars in China were almost exclusively waged by Chinese/Mongols until the 18th century. Once we get into the 19th century, things tend to get less simple.
I'm not sure what this has to do with the prevalence of violent crime/educational achievement in different communities today. :confused:
Original post by QE2
I guess it would depend which wars we are talking about.
Pretty much all the wars in Europe were waged by white people. Before the 19th century, pretty much all the wars in Africa were waged by black people. Before the 16th century, all the wars in the Americas were waged by native Americans. Wars in China were almost exclusively waged by Chinese/Mongols until the 18th century. Once we get into the 19th century, things tend to get less simple.
I'm not sure what this has to do with the prevalence of violent crime/educational achievement in different communities today. :confused:

They weren't referring to specific communities, but an entire race as a whole.
Reply 57
Original post by Crijjkal
Asians would come under Caucasians
Not alphabetically.
Or ethnically.
Original post by WBZ144
And they were not obligated to respond. Bottom line is that Reuters did not specify "some Black people", yet they choose answers stating that Blacks are less intelligent, lazier, more criminal, more violent and ruder.

That means that less Black people are achieving academically. Like I already said, intelligence is genetic, it's not synonymous with work ethic. It's the ability to achieve as oppose to the effort put into achieving.

But you said outright that Blacks are generally more violent than Whites. It is nonsensical to use domestic statistics only, as violence is violence. It does not somehow fall under another name if it happens through warfare and is state-sponsored.

Well, I was surprised that saying "Blacks have waged less wars than other races" was regarded as "saying negative things about someone because of their race". Saying that Blacks are generally more violent and less intelligent would be considered far more inflammatory.

Have to say I think comparing pure intelligence between races is just rubbish. Unless there is any concrete evidence to the contrary, I honestly believe it's all about attitude to education and the opportunities available.
past=/=present
You can't justify some black people being violent today by saying that some white people were violent in the past. EVERY ethnicity was violent in the past, what's the point of even bringing this up? Some people in this thread really need to go back to school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending