The Student Room Group

How long will it REALISTICALLY take to transform from skinny-fat to bikini body?

I am slim but have quite of a tummy which annoys me and wanna love my view in the mirror when i look at my abs.
I know I have to reduce my fat percentage (I still dont know how to measure it and all i know is im 10stone) and combine cardio with weights but how long will it take?

I wanna get to 17\18% body fat and to be toned everywhere. How long will it take

Scroll to see replies

17/18% is not that toned.
Original post by Shipreck

It is for females. Men is lower i believe
Depends on your exercise routine and your diet.
Depends on your weight, your exercise of choice and how much musce vs fat you carry. For my gf lifting, about a year
Original post by Enginerd.
Depends on your exercise routine and your diet.

So 3 days of strength training and 2 days of cardio (HIIT) with eating clean

9 months will I lose my belly?
Original post by Angry cucumber
Depends on your weight, your exercise of choice and how much musce vs fat you carry. For my gf lifting, about a year

How do I measure my body fat percentage? I think I need a calipher but who can measure it for me?
Original post by Secretnerd123
How do I measure my body fat percentage? I think I need a calipher but who can measure it for me?

I've just answered your other thread.
17-18% is a pretty far fetched goal for a female, you're going to look malnourished, especially coming down from 10 stone. Regardless though, cardio and weight lifting don't have anything to do with cutting body fat, it's all about Calories in Vs Calories out essentially. Cardio and weight lifting just means you have room for more food!
Do a tonne of squats and lunges to develop that bootius maximus :sexface:

Original post by Shipreck

It is for women
Original post by MagnetoWasRight
Do a tonne of squats and lunges to develop that bootius maximus :sexface:

It is for women

How long would it take to go from flat to really toned n lifted?
How long would it take to go from flat to really toned n lifted?

You could look really sexy in a year, for women getting the squat up to bodyweight is key, but I massively like women with huge butts so you'll have to forgive my personal bias here.
Original post by MagnetoWasRight
You could look really sexy in a year, for women getting the squat up to bodyweight is key, but I massively like women with huge butts so you'll have to forgive my personal bias here.

What do you mean up to body weight?

And can genes determine if your butt stays flat no matter what you do? (My fear)
A year , or less if you spend more time working on your body and eating healthy:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And can genes determine if your butt stays flat no matter what you do? (My fear)

He means being able to squat the same weight as whatever your body weighs at the same.

Nobody has genes so bad that their body refuses to ever develop butt muscles haha. Some will just develop sooner than others.

If you weight 50kg, at least try to get your back squat to 50kg for 5 reps.

Of course your genes will influence how your ass responds to lifting, but I promise you it will help, especially if you go down low. You can send me before and after pics
Original post by TorpidPhil
He means being able to squat the same weight as whatever your body weighs at the same.

Nobody has genes so bad that their body refuses to ever develop butt muscles haha. Some will just develop sooner than others.

Oh i see. How long does it usually take to see noticeable results?

Btw i'll be joining the gym soon and since i wont have a personal trainer (im a broke student), who is gonna help me with how to use the equipment before i injure myself, do the wrong thing lol
Oh i see. How long does it usually take to see noticeable results?

Btw i'll be joining the gym soon and since i wont have a personal trainer (im a broke student), who is gonna help me with how to use the equipment before i injure myself, do the wrong thing lol

Don't worry about it. It might take some time. It depends on too much stuff. Just keep at it and you will assuredly get results eventually so the time frame doesn't really matter considering you will feel better all throughout your life anyway while you maintain a more fit body.

There's often PTs that work within the gyms themselves there to aid newbies.
In terms of simply reducing fat, that you can do relatively quickly. Assuming your of average height then simply reducing your calorie intake to 1500-1800 and walking for an hour a day (~4 miles) i imagine that you'd be pretty skinny within 6 months.

Now if by toned you mean properly muscular (think Katrina Johnson Thompson) then that will take you longer and the members above are correct to say you'll be looking at a good year or two.
"Abs are made in the kitchen"
If you increase your veg and fruit intake you will see a noticeable difference in about 3 months.
Doing exercise is just a bonus/toning.

Quick Reply

Latest