The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

BA Hons Languages French and English

Hi

I am starting L161 and L120 in October after completing AA100 earlier this year. Does anyone have any tips or experience in working on 2 modules at once? My plans are to try and merge both study planners into one and attempt to stagger the assignment submission dates so that I do one a month.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.
Original post by Barbarrick
Hi

I am starting L161 and L120 in October after completing AA100 earlier this year. Does anyone have any tips or experience in working on 2 modules at once? My plans are to try and merge both study planners into one and attempt to stagger the assignment submission dates so that I do one a month.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.

I'm studying 90 credits this year (level 1 modules for the start of my Language Studies BA hons), and my plan is basically to work ahead a little in each so I have an extra week to work on assignments. (Advice from my Mum - she graduated with a first from the OU in a different subject). Essentially this means working a week ahead in each assignment, so on modules with overlapping deadlines, I'll have two weeks to work on two assignments rather than one week to work on two. I've made a note of all my due dates - I have two modules that overlap exactly (i.e. an assignment for L192 due on the 8th December, with an assignment for L193 due on the same date), so the extra time will really make a difference. Though I believe L161 and L120 due dates don't overlap as much, so you should be fine there, really.

Though I'm not sure exactly what you mean by attempting to do one assignment a month - the assignment due dates in the module website are deadlines, not guidelines. Unless you mean that you plan to do one assignment early?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Yes I see that was confusing! Thanks for your reply. Though I can't change the assignment dates I'm going to merge the two planners together to ensure I don't have to do two assignments in the same week. I haven't looked closely at the assignment dates yet but if they are different it will be a great help. Otherwise I guess I'd better get started this week! All the best for the term ahead.
Original post by Barbarrick
Yes I see that was confusing! Thanks for your reply. Though I can't change the assignment dates I'm going to merge the two planners together to ensure I don't have to do two assignments in the same week. I haven't looked closely at the assignment dates yet but if they are different it will be a great help. Otherwise I guess I'd better get started this week! All the best for the term ahead.

I'm also doing L161 and L120 this year, and to be fair, it doesn't look too bad - the only time the assignment deadlines clash is in January, and given that the work planner gives you a 'week off' so to speak for each assignment (as opposed to AA100, where you're expected to keep studying *and* fit in time for the TMAs), it shouldn't pose too much of a problem, IMO.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending