The Student Room Group

How to make £100k a year?

I wanna do accounting and finance at quite a good uni, what careers can I do that will allow me to earn £100k a year by the age of 40?
Original post by Allansnackbar
I wanna do accounting and finance at quite a good uni, what careers can I do that will allow me to earn £100k a year by the age of 40?

Literally any professional career as long as you get promoted a few times at a decent firm.

Investment Banking, Treasury, Operations, Finance, Technology, Consulting, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Actuary etc. Any of these at a top bank / Big 4 / FTSE100 / Fortune 500 will get you to £100k by 40.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Any of them in said sector can earn that much for you if you work well enough...
Higher ones tend to be Traders, Salesmen, Senior accountants, Managers and anyone with their hands in the kitty of course.
Reply 3
Original post by Commercial Paper
Literally any professional career as long as you get promoted a few times at a decent firm.

Investment Banking, Treasury, Operations, Finance, Technology, Consulting, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Actuary etc. Any of these at a top bank / Big 4 / FTSE100 / Fortune 500 will get you to £100k by 40.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It should be pointed out though said jobs are like diamonds in the rough if you dont excel yourself or attend the 'right' university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending