The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Commercial Paper
They should do, it normally opens much later than the other banks so don't worry. I think last year the deadline was Christmas / January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I spoke to the HR before and they did not have the internship programme last year at all, and will not again this year. Unless I'm misinformed...
Reply 3021

You hero! Thanks a lot
Original post by makrxx
I spoke to the HR before and they did not have the internship programme last year at all, and will not again this year. Unless I'm misinformed...

You must be misinformed because I was on the internship programme last year :biggrin:

Unless you mean the summer just gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Any ideas or inspiration with where to go with questions like "please share something about yourself that we cannot see from your CV?"

Do they want something sporty, hobbies, entrepreneurial as almost everything is on the CV? And also covered in other questions on their application form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
defo failed the citi test, unless the threshold is super low damn
You must be misinformed because I was on the internship programme last year :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah this summer. She told me they only offer trainee roles now which are much longer and essentially a placement
Any ideas or inspiration with where to go with questions like "please share something about yourself that we cannot see from your CV?"

Do they want something sporty, hobbies, entrepreneurial as almost everything is on the CV? And also covered in other questions on their application form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nomura haha

I just talked about about tutoring A-Level students, which isn't on my CV
Original post by Turing
Nomura haha

I just talked about about tutoring A-Level students, which isn't on my CV

I'm wondering if I should just take something off my CV and talk about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3028
Probs overthinking this, but for BAML's employment/ec experience section they have an unmentioned unastericked box called 'details'. Any putting anything in that?
I'm wondering if I should just take something off my CV and talk about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that would work, as long as you don't take anything major off
Does anyone know what to put in Barclays app when they ask for year 10 exams date and grade if you are extra-UK (and so didn't do the exams)? Cannot put N/A and HR isn't replying .-."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kinda like the 'say one interesting fact about yourself'.. I.e. something you've either done or the way you generally behave that would be an interesting tid bit to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iopa
Probs overthinking this, but for BAML's employment/ec experience section they have an unmentioned unastericked box called 'details'. Any putting anything in that?

Put briefly what team I was in, the exact dates, whether I was offered a job, any particular key achievement from it etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On an SHL test it asks "what method of transport was closest" and has a graph showing both time and distance. However, surely 'closest' could mean either time or distance?? and from what I could see (I may be wrong) one method of transport was closest in terms of time and a different method of transport was closest in terms of distance.

Anyone else done this question and know what I should have done?
Reply 3034
Put briefly what team I was in, the exact dates, whether I was offered a job, any particular key achievement from it etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, on applications when they ask what prompted you to apply, apart from an employee referral, does it matter which one you pick and if so are there any that are particularly effective?
Original post by Iopa
Thanks.

Out of curiosity, on applications when they ask what prompted you to apply, apart from an employee referral, does it matter which one you pick and if so are there any that are particularly effective?

No - it gets used for monitoring purposes only unless it's an employee referral or a specific event they put on. Sometimes they track who has attended what events if it was on-campus for example or at their offices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got HSBC email confirming met the required benchmark for SJT and inductive reasoning and that my app will now be reviewed in more detail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cant seem to find it in on their website, for London mate. Seems to be non-London cities at the moment for Soc Gen.
Have Barclays closed applications for their off cycle internship in Banking already?

cant seem to find the position for London on their apply page....
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheBankinator
Just got HSBC email confirming met the required benchmark for SJT and inductive reasoning and that my app will now be reviewed in more detail.

^ same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending