The Student Room Group

Access to HE marking!

Hello guys! I just want to make sure I've got this straight regarding marking! Say a unit is worth 6 credits, for this unit you complete 4 pieces of coursework, 1 at a pass and 3 at distinction, does this mean that you get 6 credits at distinction as your median grade is distinction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by KMLeeson
Hello guys! I just want to make sure I've got this straight regarding marking! Say a unit is worth 6 credits, for this unit you complete 4 pieces of coursework, 1 at a pass and 3 at distinction, does this mean that you get 6 credits at distinction as your median grade is distinction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct, as D/D/D/P will give you a Distinction overall. :smile:
Original post by m_james
Correct, as D/D/D/P will give you a Distinction overall. :smile:

Brilliant, thank you! It's nice to know that there's a little leeway even if you want to get 45 distinctions! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just a heads up the transcripts show a break down.. it wont affect your overall grades but i got overall distinctions in biology with an annoying merit in my first exam in bio. Wasnt expecting to see that and grrrr! :-)
Reply 4
That's it! There is some leeway so don't panic! In an unashamedly boastful statment about my own experience of access, every piece of work I did was marked at distinction level so I never even saw this system in action hehe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending