The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="trustmeimlying1;67708424"]Lel didn't think that one through, eejits!

Original post by Miss Dior
Nope, too frightened about it..
Eventhogh I hated the hospital, the staff, and its location but just want a hospital to accept me 😂

St. Georges seemed really impressive I thought...is it in a rough area or something?

Yh tooting us kinda rough
Anybody get a response from kingston
Offer from Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust :biggrin:
Original post by thegodofgod
Offer from Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust :biggrin:

Well done!!!
Original post by neldee95
Well done!!!

Thanks! I've put them on hold - waiting to hear back from UCL Partners (reserve list) and The London Collaboration now.
Anyone heard from the NW panel? Panel 3 for Wythenshawe and Stockport
Original post by Chemistry145
Anyone heard from the NW panel? Panel 3 for Wythenshawe and Stockport

They said either Friday or Monday we should know :smile: The waiting game meeh
Original post by holistic_pharm

As in today and this coming Monday or the next? 😭
Original post by pharm6213
As in today and this coming Monday or the next? 😭

Yes today or coming Monday :biggrin:
Original post by holistic_pharm

Ok Thanks :smile:
This is probably the wrong place to post this. But i wanted your guys advice on Pharmacy and how you found studying it/ jobs etc.

I applied for Pharmacy to start in 2014, but listened to the wrong people and switched my degree and regretted it ever since, its 90% unlikely i can go back to studying it but just wanted ur advice. Thanks
Original post by JonathanAston2
This is probably the wrong place to post this. But i wanted your guys advice on Pharmacy and how you found studying it/ jobs etc.

I applied for Pharmacy to start in 2014, but listened to the wrong people and switched my degree and regretted it ever since, its 90% unlikely i can go back to studying it but just wanted ur advice. Thanks

You can still do pharmacy, depending on the course you're doing you might be able to transfer? Don't quote me on it though. It's a really good degree I know people slate it because of the jobs and cuts etc but if you work hard and maybe get yourself in with a company early, or just make sure you have a lot of experience when it comes to applying to jobs, you'll be fine I would recommend it :smile: it's never too late to go back! Good luck!
Original post by pharm6213
You can still do pharmacy, depending on the course you're doing you might be able to transfer? Don't quote me on it though. It's a really good degree I know people slate it because of the jobs and cuts etc but if you work hard and maybe get yourself in with a company early, or just make sure you have a lot of experience when it comes to applying to jobs, you'll be fine I would recommend it :smile: it's never too late to go back! Good luck!

Thanks for the optimism, but its impossible to enter anything except 1st year of Pharmacy and id have to pay first years tuition fee by myself - for which i have no money.
Original post by JonathanAston2
Thanks for the optimism, but its impossible to enter anything except 1st year of Pharmacy and id have to pay first years tuition fee by myself - for which i have no money.

Then, I would say let it go and focus on your current degree..
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 854
Hey guys. Hope interviews etc are all going well for all of you. Did anyone apply to 2 or more out of these: St George's, Croydon, Epsom & St Helier. If yes, did you have a joint interview for them or was it separate interviews for each? If they were separate did they ask the same set of questions for each interview?

Thanks in advance!
I am from Tooting and it is not rough at all. Plus St Georges is near Tooting Broadway which is busy all the time.
I have an interview from London Collaboration and i dont know how to prepare for it. Can somebody please recommend anything. It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Original post by Meee.
Hey guys. Hope interviews etc are all going well for all of you. Did anyone apply to 2 or more out of these: St George's, Croydon, Epsom & St Helier. If yes, did you have a joint interview for them or was it separate interviews for each? If they were separate did they ask the same set of questions for each interview?

Thanks in advance!

Hey

Not really in the best position to say (since i havent attended any of their interviews) but 2 of my friends both attended the panel interviews, for different trusts (one applied to St georges and the other Epsom/Kingston). Having asked them both, the questions were really similar, if not the same.

Hope this helps (but again, i cant say for definite!).
Original post by imhassan1
I have an interview from London Collaboration and i dont know how to prepare for it. Can somebody please recommend anything. It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey,

Had my interview for both KSS and TLC yesterday. It wasn't bad at all! Don't worry much about clinical, it's mainly scenario based. There was a nunber of general interview questions, so prepare for those.

Hope it helps!
Reply 859
anyone else have TLC interview on wednesday?

Quick Reply

Latest