The Student Room Group

Bad ukcat :(

hi where do i apply with 630 ukcat ?? please hlp
What are your GCSE's and A2 predictions?
Reply 2
Original post by HopelessMedic
What are your GCSE's and A2 predictions?

gcse: 6A* 3A
A2: a*aa
You could try Bristol if your PS is good, Keele if you have lots of voluntary work and also UEA/Leicester
Reply 4
You could try Bristol if your PS is good, Keele if you have lots of voluntary work and also UEA/Leicester

does bristol not look at gcses heavily
Reply 5
Bristol is 80% PS and only 8% GCSE
The medic portal did a good article on where to apply with stats like yours so I would check that out
Original post by rehmanator
does bristol not look at gcses heavily

Yes, but GCSE heavy uni's want 8/9 A*s at GCSE so you wouldn't be competitive.

The uni's I'm talking about are Oxford, Edinburgh, Cardiff, QUB and Bham
Reply 7
okay thankyou for your help :smile:
Liverpool, HYMS, UEA, Keele, Bristol and maybe Aberdeen consider BMAT too.
Reply 9
Original post by Orangeflower6
Liverpool, HYMS, UEA, Keele, Bristol and maybe Aberdeen consider BMAT too.

i REALLY want to apply st georges. what are my chances? :frown:
Original post by rehmanator
i REALLY want to apply st georges. what are my chances? :frown:

Well the cut off last year was 650, so it is risky. Unless averages go down or people apply with a lower UKCAT, your UKCAT may not be enough. You could always use it as your risky application and then apply to 3 safe, as long as all your UKCAT sections are above 500. Someone from my college actually got in with a UKCAT of 635 last year which was below the cut off, I don't understand why this is.

What is the GCSE scoring system for UEA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Orangeflower6
Well the cut off last year was 650, so it is risky. Unless averages go down or people apply with a lower UKCAT, your UKCAT may not be enough. You could always use it as your risky application and then apply to 3 safe, as long as all your UKCAT sections are above 500. Someone from my college actually got in with a UKCAT of 635 last year which was below the cut off, I don't understand why this is.

thankyou so much! im going for it as my risky option
Original post by Jehaan
Bristol is 80% PS and only 8% GCSE
The medic portal did a good article on where to apply with stats like yours so I would check that out

Thanks for the mention @Jehaan :smile: Here's the aforementioned blog on where to apply with a ukcat score of 600-650. There's still plenty of options - don't worry!

If anyone else is interested we also have info on which unis are good options for higher and lower scores.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending