The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
No problem :smile: btw what is the avg starting salary of a GS analyst pls hurry

50-60k base

likely 70k total if you decent or your be fired if your not
No problem :smile: btw what is the avg starting salary of a GS analyst pls hurry

Depends on the division, if it's a front office one it would be at 'street' (i.e. what pretty much all banks are paying for front office), which is £50k base, bonus depends on your role, division performance, your performance and firm-wide performance. But is usually quite uniform for e.g. IBD.

All-in comp ranged from £65 (usually at the banks that pay bonus out in winter, since it is for half a year) to £95k for first years in IBD (across all banks). S&T/Research was slightly less, no idea about AM/PWM.

Back office (Ops, Tech, HR etc) would be around high 30s to low 40s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman
Depends on the division, if it's a front office one it would be at 'street' (i.e. what pretty much all banks are paying for front office), which is £50k base, bonus depends on your role, division performance, your performance and firm-wide performance. But is usually quite uniform for e.g. IBD.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, thanks a lot but I was trying to be sarcastic -- sorry for making you type that! xD
Haha, thanks a lot but I was trying to be sarcastic -- sorry for making you type that! xD

Looooooool fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looooooool fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey bro why is it called a spring week if its not always a week? Also whats an investment bank? What gcses do you need for IB?
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Hey bro why is it called a spring week if its not always a week? Also whats an investment bank? What gcses do you need for IB?

The answer to all of these is: 42

Posted from TSR Mobile
The answer to all of these is: 42

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do people actually get this reference, I never even heard of it until I saw a post on facebook or something a few weeks ago..
I still don't understand why '42' is the answer to everything lol

All-in comp ranged from £65 (usually at the banks that pay bonus out in winter, since it is for half a year) to £95k for first years in IBD (across all banks). S&T/Research was slightly less, no idea about AM/PWM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come S&T pays less than their IBD? Also, what are the hours like in a BB S&T/Research division usually?
Original post by gwagon
How come S&T pays less than their IBD? Also, what are the hours like in a BB S&T/Research division usually?

you don't get a p&l allowance until at least a couple years of being under the wing of other experienced traders and sales people don't get their own sales books of business until the same thing (but with salespeople not traders). naturally in that time, you're not being as immediately valuable. after they get their various books of business and P&L allowances it's all down to performance.

50-70 hours, 50-60 for most desks and 60-70 for more complex desks.

Research is ~60-70 as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Just a tip I'm finding useful for everyone, make a spreadsheet for all the SW's you've applied for with how the application process is going, closing dates, tests you have to complete etc. I personally find it useful rather than trawling through my emails with all these Facebook notifs from fresher groups
Original post by nitin985
Just a tip I'm finding useful for everyone, make a spreadsheet for all the SW's you've applied for with how the application process is going, closing dates, tests you have to complete etc. I personally find it useful rather than trawling through my emails with all these Facebook posts from fresher groups

Definitely change your FB settings to stop receiving notifications of all posts within each of the groups.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely change your FB settings to stop receiving notifications of all posts within each of the groups.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will get onto doing that but doubt it'll make too much of a difference, my email inbox is a mess. I've got 9000 unread emails haha, probably won the lottery somewhere in there.
Reply 1012
No tests: JPM, GS, Lazard (afaia), Blackrock, BNPP, Fidelity
SJT: BAML
New 'business challenge' thing that's untimed and a mix of numerical/SJT: Barclays
Numerical + Verbal: CS, Rothschild
SJT + Numerical + Verbal: BP IST
SJT + Logical (altho, I've heard it's just SJT for spring..): HSBC
Numerical + Logical: Nomura
Numerical: MS, DB, UBS, Citi, RBC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also, for the cv is it necessary to have a personal profile about yourself, and references? Or could you just say "References provided on request"
Original post by mk_98
Also, for the cv is it necessary to have a personal profile about yourself, and references? Or could you just say "References provided on request"

Personal profiles are a waste of space.

References don't go on your cv, and including 'References available upon request' is unnecessary from what I've heard.
Reply 1014
What's a good mark in these numerical test thingies (I'm practicing SHL at the moment)? Can't find an answer anywhere.
Original post by mk_98

No and no need for that line at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laeffy
What's a good mark in these numerical test thingies (I'm practicing SHL at the moment)? Can't find an answer anywhere.

70th percentile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1017
70th percentile

Posted from TSR Mobile

is it similar for verbal reasoning?
Original post by Yua
is it similar for verbal reasoning?

yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1019

Are the AD free numerical practice tests similar to the real ones?

Latest

Trending

Trending