The Student Room Group

Why am I so ugly compared to everyone at school?

Please anon Im literally crying as I write this I hate looking at my own reflection my mum says I'l grow into my features one day but I know I wont, everyone always compares me to people who are unattractive and asking me why I look the way I do and it kills me inside, I miss my old friend who moved away who always told me I was ok and stuck up for me but he moved to another school, I miss my cousin who always made me feel better about myaelf whos gone to uni., urgh. I hate my school, I wish I was never born I cant stop crying at how much i hate myself. Why am I like this?

Scroll to see replies

What you see as ugly, another may see as beautiful.

You are beautiful. YOU BLOODY ARE.
Original post by Anonymous
Please anon Im literally crying as I write this I hate looking at my own reflection my mum says I'l grow into my features one day but I know I wont, everyone always compares me to people who are unattractive and asking me why I look the way I do and it kills me inside, I miss my old friend who moved away who always told me I was ok and stuck up for me but he moved to another school, I miss my cousin who always made me feel better about myaelf whos gone to uni., urgh. I hate my school, I wish I was never born I cant stop crying at how much i hate myself. Why am I like this?

Because you don't believe in yourself .Appearence is subjective and will always be.People attack you because they know you are affected by what they say even if you try not to be.If anyone comments on your looks or makes fun of you , just take one feature of them that is **** and make an anology like they do to you . In time , they will shut up.You just have to put up a fight , or , another option , to just don't care what they say.
Reply 3

I think you need a change of school or to speak to someone at school because that's bullying. Don't let people get you down, you should have more to offer than your looks anyway. Work hard at school and have friends around you who don't care about appearance! Good looks aren't permanent.
Describe your looks to me
I used to feel like you at school... I really felt ugly and all the other girls looked so pretty. This isn't my main advice but I will say that popularity and confidence makes you seem more attractive. I look at the girls I used to be jealous of now and really have no idea what I saw. I think that's also because of my own insecurities back then.

The most important thing to realise though is actually a minority of people stand out as pretty. We can't all be gorgeous unfortunately and if we were then we would all mostly be seen as avergage anyway and only stunning people would be pretty. There are more important things out there like intelligence, kindness, humour etc. that can actually affect the world and people around you and bring love into your life... and there will be something about you that makes you shine. What would being pretty actually achieve? How would it change your life? Yeah maybe some kids at school wouldn't make fun of you, but I doubt they bully you for your looks... they bully you because they know they can and it makes them feel big... do you want to be like them? School doesn't last forever. People grow up and move on. The people who spend most of their time bullying and trying to impress their peers end up working at Tescos forever and the people who get on with it and work while being kind to others go on to do something with their lives whether thats uni or an apprenticeship or whatever.
Reply 6
Just think, you're hating yourself. Look at all those third world countries who WISH to have a life like yours, be grateful for what you have.
The only reason you're like this is because you have a negative mind set, period. You've most likely grown up around people who've tried bringing you down or call you names and make fun of you. THOSE people, have drilled that into you head, and made you think what they say. You need to have a positive mind set: stay around those who truly make you smile (I'm sure you have 1 person) if you don't, don't go to anyone cuz I'm sure you'd rather have no one than someone who is fake a pick on you and call you names and make you hate yourself even more.
You may have depression because all your worries are in your head, from those people as I have said. Try going to a doctor and if it is serious, they may provide you with antidepressants which will help.
I, myself, have a similar situation to you and its all because of a negative mind set from those who make you feel bad about yourself and hate yourself. I totally understand your pain (I'm 15 btw) and those people, have caused me to self harm in the past and right now, I am suffering from a mental illness, called Bulimia. Try staying around positive people who bring you up instead of put you down. If you're in school like me, ask your parents if you can move school maybe, a fresh start right?
I hope I helped, it makes me sad to see people like this even though I myself have similar problems t you ! Stay STRONG :') Love x
Reply 7
I also suggest, if your really down, right all your thought in a diary or on paper, because sometime, all you need is someone to listen to you and writing it down will help express your feelings instead of keeping them trapped in. Talk to someone, your mum your dad, cousins, aunts, uncles, neighbors. I'm sure they all care about you greatly. Just do NOT self harm at all! Its not worth it seriously, whatever the situation. I'm 15 now and when I was 13 I was having a hard time loving myself (I still am don't worry) and I went through self harming and it seriously not worth it. stay strong xx
Reply 8
Thanks guys I feel much better now tomorrow I'll hold my head up high and just ignore comments, and beat them when it comes to GCSEs.
Stop worrying about being attractive, there are plenty of other qualities that are more important ex. intelligence.
Reply 10
I feel like I'm so ugly too and I know it but I have learnt to joke around about it because we cant change it can we ? :smile: just embrace it and focus on other qualities you have. Remember and tell yourself that there is beauty in every human being <3 . Just find what makes you beautiful , it might take time (trust me im ugly as fk and IDK what makes me special , maybe my personality? :P) but it will be worth at the end. If you need to talk more just PM :smile:
Sigh guys school wasnt any better today, but Im just gonna swallow it down.
Sigh guys school wasnt any better today, but Im just gonna swallow it down.

Eyebrows- pluck them or thread them. Once they're shaped they'll frame your face SO much better
Thread all the excess hairs on your face: upper lip, side burns, chin, forehead, wherever it is.
Hair style: don't just have it as a tied back mess. Have it down now and then and style it. Or if you have it in a pony tail, do a high pony tail which looks much better. Do high buns as well. If your hair is dry put some coconut oil in it, only a little, and leave it over night.
Skincare: cleanse your skin every morning and evening with a face wash. Then put moisturiser on. This can be any moisturiser, even E45 works. If you have spots, use quinoderm as it contains benzoyl peroxide which is a bae when it comes to treating spots.
Makeup: light makeup never did anyone any harm. Put some concealer on where needed, maybe some blush and some mascara too. Nothing excessive.
If you're slightly over weight then do some simple exercises in your room (squats, lunges, sit-ups, press ups, leg raises, planks etc) and maybe go walking/ running when you get the chance. Try walking home from school? Whatever junk food you're eating now, HALVE that amount. Drink water, so much water. Get a really big water bottle and take it to school with you so you're always drinking it. Just drink lots of water.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Eyebrows- pluck them or thread them. Once they're shaped they'll frame your face SO much better
Thread all the excess hairs on your face: upper lip, side burns, chin, forehead, wherever it is.
Hair style: don't just have it as a tied back mess. Have it down now and then and style it. Or if you have it in a pony tail, do a high pony tail which looks much better. Do high buns as well. If your hair is dry put some coconut oil in it, only a little, and leave it over night.
Skincare: cleanse your skin every morning and evening with a face wash. Then put moisturiser on. This can be any moisturiser, even E45 works. If you have spots, use quinoderm as it contains benzoyl peroxide which is a bae when it comes to treating spots.
Makeup: light makeup never did anyone any harm. Put some concealer on where needed, maybe some blush and some mascara too. Nothing excessive.
If you're slightly over weight then do some simple exercises in your room (squats, lunges, sit-ups, press ups, leg raises, planks etc) and maybe go walking/ running when you get the chance. Try walking home from school? Whatever junk food you're eating now, HALVE that amount. Drink water, so much water. Get a really big water bottle and take it to school with you so you're always drinking it. Just drink lots of water.

Wow thanks let me try this.
Yeah im a lad, was fat a F*ck in school, considered myself ugly. I've grown up, i'm 20, gained confidence through work, etc.... its all about the mindset, do something about it! there always ways you can improved yourself, go gym, clothes. charisma is a big thing, I know i can hold a conversation and crack a joke. Im sure you have other attractive assets, personally i admire a girl whos career driven, intelligent, well rounded as a person, it aint about looks. You've just gotta stop giving a t*ss what others think and be continously improving yourself. I reckon if you do that then the people finding you attractive part will come naturally
You need to learn to love yourself. No matter how much makeup you buy or how much you change how you look(hair dye & style) you'll never be happy if you don't love yourself first.(personal experience).
Original post by Pinkberry_y

I actually agree with you for once. Quinoderm is the sh*t. Loads of water's great too, and exercise.
What you see as ugly, another may see as beautiful.

You are beautiful. YOU BLOODY ARE.

:cry2:
Original post by 0to100
:cry2:

OP is similar to me :mmm:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
OP is similar to me :mmm:

Isit you?
and my smiley just now was sarcasm hehe

Quick Reply

Latest