The Student Room Group

SAQ & UCAS Personal ID Confusion: Need Help! :(

I applied last year to Cambridge for maths through UCAS. [I got a condtional offer but wasn't finally accepted because I failed to meet the STEP exam requirements ]

Now, my UCAS Personal ID last year was: 116*******

I am re-applying to Cambridge and few other universities this year. And my new Personal ID is: 128******* [first screenshot]

I submitted my COPA for Cambridge earlier. After submitting it, they used this personal ID (128*******) for confirming about COPA submission. [second screenshot]

But the real problem is: after I submitted my UCAS, when they sent me a confirmation email with the details of UCAS track log-in, they used the Personal ID of last year (116*******). :/ [third screenshot]

And when Cambridge sent me an email acknowledging my UCAS submission, sending me details of SAQ login, they too instructed me to use the Personal ID of last year (116*******), but told me to complete my SAQ using the Personal ID used in my email in the SAQ page. [fourth screenshot]

Now, I submitted the The SAQ today (which I now regret I shouldn't have done so early). And I logged into the SAQ with Personal ID 116*******, but submitted it using my UCAS personal ID 128*******.

So, can anyone please tell me what the problem is, and what can I do? :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Anybody, please? :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by botmun2
Anybody, please? :frown:

As far as I know, this is an entirely normal thing to be happening, the only thing that's of concern is that you submitted the SAQ using 128 instead of 116. Whilst, that's 90% not something to worry about and works fine, it's worth your while to email either your college or the SAQ help department saying that you submitted your SAQ using 128 instead of 116 and they can either change it for you on their side or tell you that it's fine and not a problem. Either way, it's fine.
Reply 3
Original post by Zacken
As far as I know, this is an entirely normal thing to be happening, the only thing that's of concern is that you submitted the SAQ using 128 instead of 116. Whilst, that's 90% not something to worry about and works fine, it's worth your while to email either your college or the SAQ help department saying that you submitted your SAQ using 128 instead of 116 and they can either change it for you on their side or tell you that it's fine and not a problem. Either way, it's fine.

Thank for this reply!

Well! Today I contacted several times with Clare College admissions office and UCAS enquiry service. As you said, the only problem is with my SAQ form where I used 128******* instead of using 116*******. The admissions office repeatedly told me to contact with the UCAS, whereas the the staffs at UCAS told me that it's a concern of the university. -_____-

Also, I was also told from UCAS enquiry that it happens when someone is re-applying through UCAS; after submitting UCAS application for the second time, the personal ID changes back to that of the previous year.

But at last Clare College told me that if UCAS is okay with, then they're okay with it too. :3

However, isn't SAQ a Cambridge thing? Does UCAS have anything to do with SAQ?
Reply 4
Original post by botmun2

However, isn't SAQ a Cambridge thing? Does UCAS have anything to do with SAQ?

Yes, it's a strictly Cambridge only thing. You should contact the SAQ department, not your college. Use this: [email protected]
Reply 5
Original post by Zacken
Yes, it's a strictly Cambridge only thing. You should contact the SAQ department, not your college. Use this: [email protected]

Thank you for your suggestion! However, this won't create any problem.

I received an email from the central admissions office of Cambridge stating:
"This scenario often happens when a student has applied in a previous year. However, there is no need to worry as we tie up the two UCAS Personal IDs. "

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending