The Student Room Group

Why am I so ugly compared to everyone at school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Please anon Im literally crying as I write this I hate looking at my own reflection my mum says I'l grow into my features one day but I know I wont, everyone always compares me to people who are unattractive and asking me why I look the way I do and it kills me inside, I miss my old friend who moved away who always told me I was ok and stuck up for me but he moved to another school, I miss my cousin who always made me feel better about myaelf whos gone to uni., urgh. I hate my school, I wish I was never born I cant stop crying at how much i hate myself. Why am I like this?

I'm sure you're much more good looking than you think.

Anyways as they say "beauty is in the eye if the beholder", everyone has their own opinion on this and it varies.

Please don't get upset over it. You can PM me if you still feel down. :hugs:
Original post by 0to100
Isit you?
and my smiley just now was sarcasm hehe

Maybe or maybe not :beard:
Couldn't imagine that being serious, coming from you yeah :h:

Spoiler

What you see as ugly, another may see as beautiful.

You are beautiful. YOU BLOODY ARE.

Consulted the crystal ball?
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Maybe or maybe not :beard:
Couldn't imagine that being serious, coming from you yeah :h:

Spoiler

lool
Original post by 0to100
lool

:h: :five:
Original post by 0to100
an ex who I ran into on campus today has suddenly emailed me haha
we aint chatted since last term...:K: wonder what the little cow wants then...lol

LOOL! :wink: She got some purpose fam :colondollar: Be prepared mate :biggrin:
LOOL! :wink: She got some purpose fam :colondollar: Be prepared mate :biggrin:

She better be into 3somes because I've got a bird now..
Please anon Im literally crying as I write this I hate looking at my own reflection my mum says I'l grow into my features one day but I know I wont, everyone always compares me to people who are unattractive and asking me why I look the way I do and it kills me inside, I miss my old friend who moved away who always told me I was ok and stuck up for me but he moved to another school, I miss my cousin who always made me feel better about myaelf whos gone to uni., urgh. I hate my school, I wish I was never born I cant stop crying at how much i hate myself. Why am I like this?

You probably aren't even ugly but maximising your beauty potential can help a lot.
Original post by 0to100
She better be into 3somes because I've got a bird now..

LOOOL is yeh bird still paranoid as f***? :colone:
LOOOL is yeh bird still paranoid as f***? :colone:

Indeed lol She nt gonna change overnite.
Original post by 0to100
Indeed lol She nt gonna change overnite.

Lol :biggrin: I hope she gets better for ya cuz I can understand why it's really annoying lol :biggrin:
Some of the best looking 23 year olds I know, were hanging in their school years. Whereas a fair few of the best looking kids at school peaked too soon and are already on the steady decline.

The ugly duckling effect is real. But even if you aren't the best looker, you'll realise with time how little importance looks have. Some of the least attractive guys I know seem to have happy, long term relationships.

It doesn't effect your chances of being happy and finding someone. However at the same time, don't be a silly sausage and aim too far above your station, because you'll get rejected, and will end up lonely, and bitter. And before you know it you'll be creating hate-fuelled misogynstic or anti-feminist threads whilst crying into your pillow every night.
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't worry, not everything is about looks never compare yourself! coming from me always felt insecure but you'll grow to love yourself no matter what. Don't be harsh on yourself love
My name is Megan I have long brown reddish hair I'm slim quite bad skin feel like I'm underweight I don't like my body at all I don't like how pointy my nose looks and my uneven eyebrows I'm only about 5,3 a midget I want to be 5,6 and put a little weight on
You might not be as pretty as them girls but your yourself and you are gorgeous don't let them people put you down just be you and that is even more beautiful x
I used to feel like you at school... I really felt ugly and all the other girls looked so pretty. This isn't my main advice but I will say that popularity and confidence makes you seem more attractive. I look at the girls I used to be jealous of now and really have no idea what I saw. I think that's also because of my own insecurities back then.

The most important thing to realise though is actually a minority of people stand out as pretty. We can't all be gorgeous unfortunately and if we were then we would all mostly be seen as avergage anyway and only stunning people would be pretty. There are more important things out there like intelligence, kindness, humour etc. that can actually affect the world and people around you and bring love into your life... and there will be something about you that makes you shine. What would being pretty actually achieve? How would it change your life? Yeah maybe some kids at school wouldn't make fun of you, but I doubt they bully you for your looks... they bully you because they know they can and it makes them feel big... do you want to be like them? School doesn't last forever. People grow up and move on. The people who spend most of their time bullying and trying to impress their peers end up working at Tescos forever and the people who get on with it and work while being kind to others go on to do something with their lives whether thats uni or an apprenticeship or whatever.

Wow, this was a very inspirational reply, as I procrastinate instead of revising for Geography. Hats of my friend!
I feel u. Just look up "walmart shoppers" on google images. Makes me feel better :wink:
Original post by Twinpeaks
Some of the best looking 23 year olds I know, were hanging in their school years. Whereas a fair few of the best looking kids at school peaked too soon and are already on the steady decline.

The ugly duckling effect is real. But even if you aren't the best looker, you'll realise with time how little importance looks have. Some of the least attractive guys I know seem to have happy, long term relationships.

It doesn't effect your chances of being happy and finding someone. However at the same time, don't be a silly sausage and aim too far above your station, because you'll get rejected, and will end up lonely, and bitter. And before you know it you'll be creating hate-fuelled misogynstic or anti-feminist threads whilst crying into your pillow every night.

Misogyny =/= anti-feminism.
(Also OP might be a girl which would mean that she'd end up writing feminist articles for major newspapers complaining about the lack of 'good men' as her biological clock ticks forever onwards... two can play the hyperbolic game lol)
Sorry to hear you feel this way.

You're only young and you'll grow into your features.

I wasn't remotely attractive at school but I ended up turning into a very handsome man where women do compliment me.

Relax, think good beautiful thoughts towards people.

Eat healthy, drink plenty of water, sleep well, relax, stay calm this can all affect your face.

I also agree what @PinkBerry said.
Original post by Fujoshi
Misogyny =/= anti-feminism.
(Also OP might be a girl which would mean that she'd end up writing feminist articles for major newspapers complaining about the lack of 'good men' as her biological clock ticks forever onwards... two can play the hyperbolic game lol)

Do you not know what the word "or" means?

I said misogynistic OR anti-feminist. Put your thinking cap on, would I have used the word OR if I thought that misogyny and anti-feminism were the same?

Don't waste my time with stupid posts.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply