The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016 [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sschae86
Still not been called in for the assessment center - last correspondence was 25th July or something. They have me down for a Degree Apprenticeship - does that have a different start date or something? If everyone starts about the same time - September then im thinking that they are cutting it short.. or.. are they keeping me as a reserve now for next year if and when it starts again?!?!
I doubt phoning HR would help much. What do yous think?

I'm in the same position mate, degree apprenticeship on Taleo website, I haven't heard anything and last correspondence was around that time too, you're not alone! Emailed HR but they've still to get back to me, i'm not optimistic about getting an assessment center. I'm in Belfast, what's your location?
I am starting on the 19th of September - openreach engineering. Contract signed and pre employment checks done. No mention of training location. Based in the northeast.

Kind regards
Reply 62
Original post by JosephP
I'm in the same position mate, degree apprenticeship on Taleo website, I haven't heard anything and last correspondence was around that time too, you're not alone! Emailed HR but they've still to get back to me, i'm not optimistic about getting an assessment center. I'm in Belfast, what's your location?

Glasgow.
Im gonna phone them themorra see whats what
Shocking they expect us to keep our lives on hold for so long without knowing anything
anyone on here doing a BTFS engineering apprenticeship and going to the doncaster induction 25th September?
Reply 64
Jade Catherine...When is your start date? :smile:
Original post by TAJS-C
Jade Catherine...When is your start date? :smile:

19th septemember - got week of training at yarnfield - I'm based in leavesden, watford
Anyone starting on the 10th of October ?
Original post by londonstar01
Anyone starting on the 10th of October ?

Hey londonstar01 im starting on the 10th Oct. But i have no information on what to dk that day yet have you?
I filled in all my info a few weeks again, bank details, photo for Id etc.
Do you know any more?
Original post by Richiesmithie
Hey londonstar01 im starting on the 10th Oct. But i have no information on what to dk that day yet have you?
Do you know any more?

Have you not been given your apprentice link login? That's where they've been posting all the info for my induction and other info aswell
Original post by jade.catherine
Have you not been given your apprentice link login? That's where they've been posting all the info for my induction and other info aswell

Hi jade.catherine
Is that the bit where u get the tasks to complete? Photo for id, bank details etc? If so just but thats the last bit i got..

Thank you
Hi jade.catherine
Is that the bit where u get the tasks to complete? Photo for id, bank details etc? If so just but thats the last bit i got..

Thank you

Nah it's not... They gave me apprentice link log in whilst I was completing my checks. Just send whoever is dealing with your application an email and ask what the next steps are and when you will next hear something.
Reply 71
Hey
Is anyone starting network engineering in high Wycombe this year?
Reply 72
19th septemember - got week of training at yarnfield - I'm based in leavesden, watford

I'm 3rd October in yarnfield! Weston-super-Mare.

I hope today went well! Let us know how you get on!
Reply 73
Do you know any more?

I'm starting on the 10th October as well, where abouts are you going to be based? I'm based in aldershot
Reply 74
I'm also starting on the 10th at High Wycombe.
Haven't got any information since i gave them my bank details.
Reply 75
Original post by Eagles94
I'm starting on the 10th October as well, where abouts are you going to be based? I'm based in aldershot

Im also starting on the 10th of october. But i havent heard anything since i gave them my details.
Im gonna be based in High Wycombe
Reply 76
Original post by Manoodle
Im also starting on the 10th of october. But i havent heard anything since i gave them my details.
Im gonna be based in High Wycombe

I still haven't heard
I cannot stress enough on how much you need to contact the person who has been emailing you about your job offer etc - you need to let them know your concerns. If you don't do so then you may end up in a mess. You will have some contact details for someone based on your application/job offer so all I can advise is that you contact them as soon as possible!!
Reply 78
I cannot stress enough on how much you need to contact the person who has been emailing you about your job offer etc - you need to let them know your concerns. If you don't do so then you may end up in a mess. You will have some contact details for someone based on your application/job offer so all I can advise is that you contact them as soon as possible!!

Was your week ok? It sounds like there is something that concerned you? :O
Original post by TAJS-C
Was your week ok? It sounds like there is something that concerned you? :O

Don't get me wrong it was a long week but it was good and informative. Got to meet lots of people and start building a professional network, the only small problem I had was that my line manager hadn't contacted me and I did not know who they were - this was sorted out incredibly quickly and I am looking forward to meeting him on monday. We were talked to about volunteering opportunities both within BT and with other companies two that I am specifically looking at are STEMNET to become a STEM ambassador and also Barefoot to get involved in delivering computing at a primary school level. I had a good week met loads of people and have come away excited to start the apprenticeship and get studying about my chosen field.

Quick Reply

Latest