The Student Room Group

am i a hypocrite for not liking immigrants?

i'm black and my parents are from ghana, but we fit in and other ghanaians do too. but then i look down on muslims since they don't fit in, and try to change the UK. what right do they have to do this?? why not just go back? is this hypocritical?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
they invariably are in this time.
Not at all, your reasons are that they make the place worse for everyone else.
He is effectively a child of an immigrant yet hates immigrants
Reply 4
Original post by PrincessBO$$
He is effectively a child of an immigrant yet hates immigrants

i don't care if it makes me look hypocritical.
Original post by corbyhaltz89

If you 'dont care' why did you make a thread about it?
Face it you do care! You care so much to make a thread about it and ask random TSR users their opinion. If you real didnt give a **** about the fact that it makes you look like a hypocrite. Then this thread wouldnt be made.
Reply 6
I wouldn't use the word hypocritical. Hypocritical in my books is when you do something different to what you outwardly express to other people. Now since YOU did not choose to come here (but rather your parents) I would not class it as hypocritical.

I would use the word ironic maybe.

If YOU immigrated yourself, and then hated on immigrants, then that would be hypocritical.
Reply 7
Not liking someone because they're trying to change something you don't want changed is fine but to just apply that to every single muslim and immigrant is stupid and makes you look dumb.
Reply 8
Original post by PrincessBO$$
If you 'dont care' why did you make a thread about it?
Face it you do care! You care so much to make a thread about it and ask random TSR users their opinion. If you real didnt give a **** about the fact that it makes you look like a hypocrite. Then this thread wouldnt be made.

that's nice, but then i post as i please. i posted since i don't care about being a hypocrite but do care about immigrants coming and mashing up the country.....

but nice to see i need to accept your regulation. sorry, as a human i comment on what i want, and i don't give a **** if you don't like it. if this is what you do, then haha..wow.

If you are going to be a hypocrite and make generalisations about people, the be proud of it.
i'm black and my parents are from ghana, but we fit in and other ghanaians do too. but then i look down on muslims since they don't fit in, and try to change the UK. what right do they have to do this?? why not just go back? is this hypocritical?

You are not a hypocrite for not liking immigrants. You are a hypocrite for refusing to find a way to dress your prejudices properly so that they do not show and become too obvious.

The heading of your post talks about immigrants. The content relates to Moslems. Are you trying to insinuate that immigrants=Moslems? In which case, your statement would still have all the signs of prejudice. Further, you are also an immigrant. Maybe you dont like yourself either.

Lastly, race cannot be compared to faith. Faith is a very different thing altogether. Moslems want to be able to practice their faith, which you knew about at the time of allowing them entry, without unreasonable restrictions. I have never heard about a black person complaining that they have not been allowed to practice being black, whatever that would mean.

In short, yes you are hypocritical and your prejudice smells from kilometers away.
Oh and I am black like you.
ah, so this is why your friend and you try to bully me into postig what you like? ok.
It makes you stupid, it doesn't make you a hypocrite. The stupidity predominately derives from the fact that you believe an immigrant is a Muslim.

'Immigrants' aren't just under one umbrella.
That's the thinking of a lot of youth nowadays who are immigrants (by choice or not) - you got the opportunity to settle here, have a decent education, good human rights and a lot of freedom, but you don't want anyone else to have the same opportunities. It's just taking everything for granted and being ignorant.

Also generalising all Muslims is extremely ignorant too; all Muslims aren't immigrants, and then some Muslims do actually try to fit in.
that's nice, but then i post as i please. i posted since i don't care about being a hypocrite but do care about immigrants coming and mashing up the country.....

but nice to see i need to accept your regulation. sorry, as a human i comment on what i want, and i don't give a **** if you don't like it. if this is what you do, then haha..wow.

The more you comment, the more your prejudice seeps through.

You are a child of immigrants but you have the audacity to say "I don't care about being a hypocrite but do care about immigrants coming and mashing up the country..."

Well if your parents were welcomed into this country and no one said what you are saying to them, what gives you this self righteousness? People like you are just trolls.
ah, so this is why your friend and you try to bully me into postig what you like? ok.

Post what you like but dont be surprised if some people point out the deficiencies in your argument. Go Ghana go.
my parents fit in. tjhey don't raise their kids to be terrorists, or demand shariah law. most africans, caribbeans, and Indians look to fit in, we accept we live in a white country and accept that reality.

Another generalisation.

At what point will you actually realise that generalisations are nonsensical and foolish?

Are you trying to state that all Moslems raise their children to be terrorists or that they all demand sharia law? If that was to be true, then every Moslem in the world would be a terrorist and I am sure you know that is ********.

I do realise actually that there is a lot of crime in the Black community, whether in the USA or in London and most of it is from immigrants. Maybe we should also frown on you since you are a black child of immigrants and say that you are a criminal, rapist, robber and involved in gangs. Does that sound painful?

You are better off confessing that you are just prejudiced so we can move on to discuss more worthy things. Your few minutes of fame have run out.
Original post by LegalDiaries
Another generalisation.

At what point will you actually realise that generalisations are nonsensical and foolish?

Are you trying to state that all Moslems raise their children to be terrorists or that they all demand sharia law? If that was to be true, then every Moslem in the world would be a terrorist and I am sure you know that is ********.

I do realise actually that there is a lot of crime in the Black community, whether in the USA or in London and most of it is from immigrants. Maybe we should also frown on you since you are a black child of immigrants and say that you are a criminal, rapist, robber and involved in gangs. Does that sound painful?

You are better off confessing that you are just prejudiced so we can move on to discuss more worthy things. Your few minutes of fame have run out.

humans generalise.
troll
humans generalise.

Is that all you can come up with in defence?

Maybe you should use the time you are spending to advance your prejudice, to actually improve your grammar, punctuation and actual content of your arguments. That would be a more fulfilling and more worthwhile venture for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending