The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeltaGuy
So much for manpower being efficient. I haven't even heard anything from them yet!

This is me being positive/naive again but i produced all documents at interview so i am hoping that manpower have them all in their possesion and are doing the necessary checks... ok so its more naive than positive i agree..lol
Original post by Percypig79
This is me being positive/naive again but i produced all documents at interview so i am hoping that manpower have them all in their possesion and are doing the necessary checks... ok so its more naive than positive i agree..lol

Lol I like your optimism, I spoke with HMRC today and they said that Manpowers 20 day limit only starts from when they receive all the info they request back from us! How long is a piece of string....
Lol I like your optimism, I spoke with HMRC today and they said that Manpowers 20 day limit only starts from when they receive all the info they request back from us! How long is a piece of string....

Surely it has to be within 20 days for internal candidates where no extra info is required.
Original post by Escapalda lamen
Surely it has to be within 20 days for internal candidates where no extra info is required.

This is just funny
Original post by gingerwizard
Sorry is this the new external HO campaign via manpower that went live on the 23rd? I was under the impression this was open till Oct 3rd. Could you clarify?

The are two exercises with the same reference number 042R.Internal and external.We are discussing the internal exercise which closed for applicantions on 13/09/16 , the sift results are due out today.
Original post by Be Lucky
The are two exercises with the same reference number 042R.Internal and external.We are discussing the internal exercise which closed for applicantions on 13/09/16 , the sift results are due out today.

I keep refreshing lol
Original post by Filedundermisc
I keep refreshing lol

Same here. Lol

I could not wait any longer.I had to call the recruitment line(ootion 6).The lady i spoke was not willing to access the system or give an indication of when the results will be available.All she said was if the results are not out yet,it's unlikely to be today.
You guys need to make a new thread to talk about the new campaign...it's going to get confusing.
Original post by memoryfish
You guys need to make a new thread to talk about the new campaign...it's going to get confusing.

I agree lol
I agree lol

Yea agreed.
thanks guys, new thread for 042r open for business
Original post by pukahontas
I'm specifically speaking about applying for positions on promotion.

It's clearly stated in the HR guidance on the intranet that you cannot apply for positions on promotion if you are undergoing formal disciplinary procedures for attendance or performance.

Even if you applied for a position on promotion that is advertised at stage 4/external you are still classed as an internal applicant. You're playing a dangerous game if you're undergoing such procedures and are offered a position on promotion because whilst your own manager may never receive any notification that you applied they will eventually be notified as part of the process in transferring staff between departments. If applying to move to another government department there is also an issue as to whether that department would accept you if you're undergoing formal procedures.

There was a similar issue with somebody in this situation in a different thread with lots of comments telling that person not to worry and that a stage one disciplinary is 'just a slap on the wrists'. It isn't, it's a serious matter and because of that you're 'punished' by being prevented from applying for promotion.

Every single internal job advert on CS jobs asks if you're undergoing these procedures and if you select yes your application is automatically rejected.

In terms of health conditions, disabilities etc each case is judged on its own merits. It is upto the manager to look at a persons sickness absences and judge whether formal procedures need to be put in place.

This is from a job advert I picked at random and clicked on apply now:

I'm sorry but you seem to be confusing things, which isn't helpful for candidates.

There is absolutely nothing which prevents an existing civil servant applying for external vacancies. The clue is the fact that these are external and open to any citizen meeting the qualification requirements.

It's a dangerous game to confuse Attendance and Performance processes with "Disciplinary Action".

As you will doubtless know, the only checks required for existing civil servants are conduct and discipline - and you already show that the "disciplinary action" question is separate from those about attendance/performance.

The checks for these are done by HR and Internal Governance and NOT by managers.

If an individual managers intervened or attempted to unilaterally revoke someone's application - that itself would be a disciplinary matter.

As said elsewhere, attendance/performance management can be for a number of reasons, including accommodating reasonable adjustments for disability. They are not penalties for misconduct - which is what the disciplinary process is for.

The issue of whether a particular "Disciplinary Action" would prevent promotion is a separate matter but absolutely does not automatically mean a bar on promotion and would not be something that would be determined by an individual line manager.

It really isn't helpful to raise unnecessary fears that might work to deter existing civil servants from seeking progression and to base those fears on a confused and ultimately incorrect interpretation of Civil Service policies and procedures.
So much for manpower being efficient. I haven't even heard anything from them yet!

What was the last email you got regarding the process? The last one I got was one asking me to confirm my acceptance of the offer within 24hrs, which I did.
Reply 213
Original post by HammerThyme
What was the last email you got regarding the process? The last one I got was one asking me to confirm my acceptance of the offer within 24hrs, which I did.

Same. I've assumed the checks started then, or do they need to contact us again first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same. I've assumed the checks started then, or do they need to contact us again first?

Yeah, I'd say that's when the 20 day countdown will start from. That should take us up to w/c 03/10/16 but it only says that the checks themselves can take that long, there will be additional processing/admin work needing done after the checks are completed. Therefore it could be later than w/c 03/10/16 before we hear anything regarding the outcomes of checks and/or formal offers. Anything earlier would be a bonus.So best to relax and wait until then in my opinion. If I haven't heard anything by 14/10/16 then I might start getting frustrated.
[QUOTE="HammerThyme;67793834"]
Original post by GNH

Yeah, I'd say that's when the 20 day countdown will start from. That should take us up to w/c 03/10/16 but it only says that the checks themselves can take that long, there will be additional processing/admin work needing done after the checks are completed. Therefore it could be later than w/c 03/10/16 before we hear anything regarding the outcomes of checks and/or formal offers. Anything earlier would be a bonus.So best to relax and wait until then in my opinion. If I haven't heard anything by 14/10/16 then I might start getting frustrated.

I spoke with HMRC and they said the service level agreement for 20 days only starts when Manpower has all the information received from the candidates, problem is that they haven't even asked us for it yet!
[QUOTE="DeltaGuy;67795036"]

I spoke with HMRC and they said the service level agreement for 20 days only starts when Manpower has all the information received from the candidates, problem is that they haven't even asked us for it yet!

I'd be very surprised if Manpower do not already have our information - the formation we have already provided HMRC with twice, once at interview and again when we completed the 'next steps' section of the web portal following our provisional offer. As we had already provided the information once, the biggest benefit of having to do it again, this time on the portal, is so that all the successful candidates' information was collected and held electronically and so could be passed easily to manpower in this format and used appropriately (rather than filtering through all the associated paperwork and sending a copy via a delivery company, or HMRC admin staff input it all onto a system). I would say that the information being provided in this format was requested as part of the contract. The HMRC support team then contacted everyone to confirm acceptance before proceeding. As this has been done I would like to think they are now conducting the checks on those who accepted the provisional offer.
[QUOTE="HammerThyme;67795686"]

I'd be very surprised if Manpower do not already have our information - the formation we have already provided HMRC with twice, once at interview and again when we completed the 'next steps' section of the web portal following our provisional offer. As we had already provided the information once, the biggest benefit of having to do it again, this time on the portal, is so that all the successful candidates' information was collected and held electronically and so could be passed easily to manpower in this format and used appropriately (rather than filtering through all the associated paperwork and sending a copy via a delivery company, or HMRC admin staff input it all onto a system). I would say that the information being provided in this format was requested as part of the contract. The HMRC support team then contacted everyone to confirm acceptance before proceeding. As this has been done I would like to think they are now conducting the checks on those who accepted the provisional offer.

I can quite confidently say no checks are being carried out in the background....
[QUOTE="memoryfish;67795870"]

I can quite confidently say no checks are being carried out in the background....

Is that a joke? If not what evidence do you have to back up your confident claim?
Hi guys, just needed some advice.

Anyone applied internally for the 042R HO Caseworker role?

Anyone know what the bench mark was as one of my friends failed and got a 4.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending