The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

HSBC post passed test rejection too. IBD summer :frown:
Reply 3081
Does BAML reject instantly when failing the SJT? Or any way to find out whether you have passed?
Just got a second email from HSBC confirming passed tests but it also says next round is phone interview if selected
Original post by Kiwith
HSBC post passed test rejection too. IBD summer :frown:

Omg u guys are scaring me ... I passed the tests too and got an email saying i met the minimum benchmark etc. Why u think u got rejected? Not target uni?
Original post by Gman786
Omg u guys are scaring me ... I passed the tests too and got an email saying i met the minimum benchmark etc. Why u think u got rejected? Not target uni?

Don't know actually... Target uni in continental Europe, top GPA :/ maybe mistakes in CV or CL
Original post by Kiwith
Don't know actually... Target uni in continental Europe, top GPA :/ maybe mistakes in CV or CL

Apply again with different email address...
Anyone have barclays hr email? Locked my account - can't remember my username so can't request new password...
Original post by Gman786

Is it allowed? Doubt it :/
Original post by Kiwith
Is it allowed? Doubt it :/

Lol everyone does it...
Original post by Gman786

They score the questions you answer on the application objectively against a sort of mark scheme and anyone who does not score high enough gets rejected. This is probably what happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
They score the questions you answer on the application objectively against a sort of mark scheme and anyone who does not score high enough gets rejected. This is probably what happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they do this pre tests because some people have received rejections without receiving tests

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
I think they do this pre tests because some people have received rejections without receiving tests

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, they can't. Because I submitted my application at 1am and had the tests by 8am unless HR were pulling an all-nighter? Normally they just check your uni and grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamjamjamT
Has anyone done the KPMG 90 second audio submission yet?

yeh submitted it last friday still havent heard back :/
Original post by A12R34
PwC test with 104 questions is looonnnngggggg

what division is this for? I only had to do a logical and numerical for them (which they have said I have passed) but havent heard anything since. (I applied for strategic consulting btw)
Reply 3094
Does BAML reject instantly when failing the SJT? Or any way to find out whether you have passed?
Original post by Gman786

That doesn't work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was told by HSBC that I "have not met the required criteria". Got a 2.1, 300 UCAS points etc. so anyone know what this could mean?
What are the chances of getting a summer internship if you don't have spring week experience? Also if I end up applying mid-late October, is that way too late as well?
Original post by kohakz
What are the chances of getting a summer internship if you don't have spring week experience? Also if I end up applying mid-late October, is that way too late as well?

Nobody knows, but you don't need a spring week to get a summer. Just apply and don't hypothesise about chances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adi_nayak1
yeh submitted it last friday still havent heard back :/

Did you answer their questions as per the brief or did you write and follow your own script?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending