The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Online tutorials

Hi, my module this year doesn't have any tutorials near me so i was looking at doing the online ones. Has anyone else done one? Can you nip in and out? (like if i had to sort the kids out for instance), Is it something that you can go back and watch at a later date if you miss it?

Thank you for any help

Sam
Online tutorials are recorded so that students who missed it can go back and listen to it later. Regarding nipping in and out, it's a bit like using Skype I guess. You can let folks know that you need to sort the kids and mark your status as "away" until you return.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by joeycrea
Hi, my module this year doesn't have any tutorials near me so i was looking at doing the online ones. Has anyone else done one? Can you nip in and out? (like if i had to sort the kids out for instance), Is it something that you can go back and watch at a later date if you miss it?

Thank you for any help

Sam

You can't generally pick and choose between online or face to face, though this could well vary by module. As a general rule what is covered in face to face tutorials is different to what is covered in online tutorials, though one of my tutors was good last year and put on online tutorials as well because so few people bothered to come to the face to face ones. You'd be best to talk to your tutor about it. Tutorials are recorded and you can play them back if you miss some/all of one.
Reply 3
they basically cover the same things tbh. i never went to them just went to the online ones and still got a distinction in my module.
Reply 4
Original post by SuperCat007
You can't generally pick and choose between online or face to face, though this could well vary by module. As a general rule what is covered in face to face tutorials is different to what is covered in online tutorials, though one of my tutors was good last year and put on online tutorials as well because so few people bothered to come to the face to face ones. You'd be best to talk to your tutor about it. Tutorials are recorded and you can play them back if you miss some/all of one.

we can on this module but i dont like it. it comes up with a list of where they are and you book on to one. I much prefered when it was my tutor doing them last year.
Original post by joeycrea
we can on this module but i dont like it. it comes up with a list of where they are and you book on to one. I much prefered when it was my tutor doing them last year.

They've changed the tutorial system for all modules starting inOctober, so you have to choose & book rather than just be assigned those given by your tutor as standard:

http://www2.open.ac.uk/students/help/tutorial-booking-system

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending