The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

How many applications are most people trying to get out?
I'm thinking of 15-20 or is that too little?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would apply everywhere tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kenexa logical can **** off
15-20 seems fair to me or actually I won't have the time to take the degree LOL
Original post by JamjamjamT
Did you answer their questions as per the brief or did you write and follow your own script?

wrote answers and read
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

As many as humanly possible, I managed about 22 last year I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Turing
Kenexa logical can **** off

Has anybody heard back from Nomura post-tests? Is it auto-reject? I've definitely flopped that damn logical. Might withdraw and go for Grad
Has anyone been rejected by Citi post interview, if so, did you get a call or was it via email?
Original post by Commercial Paper
As many as humanly possible, I managed about 22 last year I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only did 14 so far, damn still way to go, I don't want to leave anything to October
Hey really need help guys.

Basically, I just completed one week work experience at Barclays in Corporate banking. Although I enjoyed it, I still want to go into investment banking. Pretty much, everyone liked me (not too be too cocky) and I got everyones business cards there. Anyway, the last woman I saw today is a VP and she really wants me to intern there.

Now, here is the problem. I have already submitted an application to IB for Barclays, do you reckon I should pull that and try for corporate banking. The woman also said if I have any trouble to also email her. This way next year when I go to UCL (currently at Birmingham) to do a finance masters, I will be a better position to apply for summer internship in IB after I graduate. Surely an internship this year in corporate is better than nothing?

Opinions please. Thanks
Original post by alexjones1994

Basically, I just completed one week work experience at Barclays in Corporate banking. Although I enjoyed it, I still want to go into investment banking. Pretty much, everyone liked me (not too be too cocky) and I got everyones business cards there. Anyway, the last woman I saw today is a VP and she really wants me to intern there.

Now, here is the problem. I have already submitted an application to IB for Barclays, do you reckon I should pull that and try for corporate banking. The woman also said if I have any trouble to also email her. This way next year when I go to UCL (currently at Birmingham) to do a finance masters, I will be a better position to apply for summer internship in IB after I graduate. Surely an internship this year in corporate is better than nothing?

Opinions please. Thanks

Lexy boi, take corp banking offer there for this year (as you said you be at UCL next year and a better position), if you got IB elsewhere then just go to the IB that you get elsewhere!!

Opinions please. Thanks

mate, in my opinion you have to guarantee this one in CB just to be safe in case you don't get IBD anywhere, and your plan for the next year sounds really good

Opinions please. Thanks

Understand whatever is on the plate is not there yet until you have a thick envelope in your hand with your name on it, so yes try and get this internship now pal! :smile:

Also im pretty sure UCL dont do a finance masters? :O
Reply 3113
Just got post test rejection from Citi after 2 days. :frown:
Test was so hard lol i thought I got around 7/12 though. I wasn't too hopeful for that one
Reply 3114
Any1 know how easy/hard it would be to move from assurance to TS within the same big4? Would it be possible within a year?
UBS interview; any surprise questions? Or just the standard competency ones? It is for IBD.
Any one in the situation where you applied to MS Real Estate Investment Management over a week ago and yet to hear anything in terms of test being sent etc?
Original post by adi_nayak1
what division is this for? I only had to do a logical and numerical for them (which they have said I have passed) but havent heard anything since. (I applied for strategic consulting btw)

Yeah I had to do those first - then had to do the big one after. The questions are short so it takes about 30min but very repetitive.

This was for BRS in Deals (London).
Guys do banks care about your tests score, provided you pass? Can a low pass jeopardize you? For example UBS...
Original post by A12R34
Yeah I had to do those first - then had to do the big one after. The questions are short so it takes about 30min but very repetitive.

This was for BRS in Deals (London).

How long did it take for you to receive the invitation for the long one after passing the initial tests?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending