The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adi_nayak1
How long did it take for you to receive the invitation for the long one after passing the initial tests?

It didn't - I was given them all together but had to do that one last.
Anyone done the first Barclays test and not heard back?
Original post by A12R34
It didn't - I was given them all together but had to do that one last.

weird that's what i was expecting... hope they havent screwed it up
Original post by flyman123
Anyone done the first Barclays test and not heard back?

Yeah and I did mine like 2 weeks ago
Original post by alexjones1994
Hey really need help guys.

Basically, I just completed one week work experience at Barclays in Corporate banking. Although I enjoyed it, I still want to go into investment banking. Pretty much, everyone liked me (not too be too cocky) and I got everyones business cards there. Anyway, the last woman I saw today is a VP and she really wants me to intern there.

Now, here is the problem. I have already submitted an application to IB for Barclays, do you reckon I should pull that and try for corporate banking. The woman also said if I have any trouble to also email her. This way next year when I go to UCL (currently at Birmingham) to do a finance masters, I will be a better position to apply for summer internship in IB after I graduate. Surely an internship this year in corporate is better than nothing?

Opinions please. Thanks

Go for Corporate Banking at Barclays. If get IBD somewhere else, go with that. If not, go with CB at Barclays. Then try for IBD next year and hopefully have a full-time offer in the bag for CB at Barclays as back-up.
Someone please help - I was doing the PwC online tests and my browser just crashed. I opened it again and it was fine and I just started from the beginning. Will PwC see that it was closed and think I did the test twice??

So worried :frown:
Original post by helpmeinlife
Someone please help - I was doing the PwC online tests and my browser just crashed. I opened it again and it was fine and I just started from the beginning. Will PwC see that it was closed and think I did the test twice??

So worried :frown:

As the test was not submitted the first time around, PwC is not likely to find out that this happened. The advantage of using external testing companies is that firms only receive the completed tests that accompany each person's applications.
Anyone had any experience with HSBC phone interviews (GB&M)?
Have a UBS S&T telephone interview, any idea what to expect?
Original post by PPEStudent2307
As the test was not submitted the first time around, PwC is not likely to find out that this happened. The advantage of using external testing companies is that firms only receive the completed tests that accompany each person's applications.

Thank you so much <3

Been trying to find this out but do you/anyone know which firms don't use the tests? So far I only know Goldman and JP Morgan. Are there any other banks/consultancies that don't?
Has anyone just received this email from JPM?

"Please note that your application is in the process of being screened and is still under review. Given the large volumes and our dedication to screening every application, we’re not able to provide a timeline, but, once a decision is made regarding your candidacy, we will update you."
Original post by Deltasierra27

"Please note that your application is in the process of being screened and is still under review. Given the large volumes and our dedication to screening every application, we’re not able to provide a timeline, but, once a decision is made regarding your candidacy, we will update you."

Got it a few days ago
Original post by Deltasierra27

Got that on Monday. I'm not expecting a response for a good while
Original post by DaFrenchy
Got it a few days ago

When did you apply?
Original post by StevenGRogers
Got that on Monday. I'm not expecting a response for a good while

When did you apply?
Does it look bad if I leave the extra-curricular activities on the BNP Paribas application almost empty? Everything I would put is on my cv so I don't want to repeat myself
Reply 3136
Nomura first round!!
has anyone uploaded their CV to the Citi application and previewed it and it comes out really messed up? Also did people receive a confirmation e-mail when they submitted their app to Citi? I feel I may have really messed up submitting the app because I pressed the back button on the final page (yet it still says on my profile that I have applied for the job)
Just gonna say that I won't be using this much over the next week to two weeks or so for freshers and all of that. So won't be able to answer anything/respond to PMs that much.

Good luck lads and lassies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HSBC phone interview invited for Banking summer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending