The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

What are my chances for Durham for Law?

What do you think my chances would be to get an offer from Durham for Law? If you could give my chances as a percentage (e.g. 30% chance of an offer) that would be great. Obviously I know that it would just be a guess, but it would still be interesting to gauge opinion. I'm not looking for the % of the overall applicant/offer ratio here either, because I know that your chances rise or fall based on the merits of your application.

GCSEs:

These are the poorest part of my application, but they did put me in the top 10 in my year.

1 A*
4 A
4 B
3 C

AS's:

Distinction* - BTEC Applied Law
A - English Literature (91/100 raw marks)
A - Government & Politics (98 UMS in one paper)
B - History

A2 Predicted Grades:

Distinction* - BTEC Applied Law
A* - English Literature
A* - Government & Politics
A - History

Personal statement:

I'm not going to go crazy and assume I can do an amazing, top-notch personal statement, but let's just assume it's good and solid. I've done relevant legal work experience, visits to courts, a lot of wider reading, and law essay competitions.

LNAT:

Let's assume that I do slightly better than average for the LNAT.

Contextual Flags:

Flags will be raised for secondary school and sixth form performance as well as for socioeconomic status based on postcode.

And do you think I'd have a better chance with Durham or UCL?
You have a chance! Durham gave me an offer and I think we had almost equal grades, but my course wasn't law.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by TitanCream
You have a chance! Durham gave me an offer and I think we had almost equal grades, but my course wasn't law.

I quite like Durham but I'm wondering if I'd have a better chance at UCL...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending