The Student Room Group

What are some good quotations to memorise for a closed-text exam of Macbeth?

I am doing my GCSEs this coming academic year, and I know that I won't be able to memorise all of Macbeth. What are the most versatile quotes from the play that I could use in nearly any essay question?
My exam board is AQA, if that helps in any way. I have heard that we get a lot of comparison questions, but I'm not sure if that's true.

(If anyone could give me good quotes to memorise for The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, I'd greatly appreciate that, too; TSR doesn't seem to have a topic for it that I can find.)

Cheers everyone!
Original post by Skiing Turtles
I am doing my GCSEs this coming academic year, and I know that I won't be able to memorise all of Macbeth. What are the most versatile quotes from the play that I could use in nearly any essay question?
My exam board is AQA, if that helps in any way. I have heard that we get a lot of comparison questions, but I'm not sure if that's true.

(If anyone could give me good quotes to memorise for The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, I'd greatly appreciate that, too; TSR doesn't seem to have a topic for it that I can find.)

Cheers everyone!

Have you been given a theme?
Original post by _gcx
Have you been given a theme?

Not as far as I'm aware. We've studied all the themes of Macbeth in class, but I don't think we've been given a specific one that would 100% come up in the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest