The Student Room Group

Cass Business School (City University) vs Queen Mary Uni for Accounting Big 4?

Hi I would like to get into a Big 4 firm for accounting - specifically audit
which is better for accounting BSc - Cass Business school or Queen Mary Uni of London.
Any other London unis I should consider except LSE which I think I will find too difficult and I need to be sure that I will get a 2:1.

Thanks!
Original post by snoopyx
Hi I would like to get into a Big 4 firm for accounting - specifically audit
which is better for accounting BSc - Cass Business school or Queen Mary Uni of London.
Any other London unis I should consider except LSE which I think I will find too difficult and I need to be sure that I will get a 2:1.

Thanks!

Both will get you in the Big4, you just need to meet their requirement. And you sure about working for the Big4 lmao?? it's really tough. QMUL's accounting course is relatively new, this course was introduced less than 5 years ago. Whereas Cass business school has had it for much longer. Have a look at the modules for each course and see what suits you best as you're more likely to perform better if you enjoy what you study. Another key aspect that would be significant to look at would be if the course is accredited or not. They may be accredited by different organisations. If they're different go online and research the accounting accreditation and pick between them to see if you prefer the broader or fiancy side of accounting.

I hope you know what accreditations are btw lol. If not let me know. :h:
Original post by undercxver
Both will get you in the Big4, you just need to meet their requirement. And you sure about working for the Big4 lmao?? it's really tough. QMUL's accounting course is relatively new, this course was introduced less than 5 years ago. Whereas Cass business school has had it for much longer. Have a look at the modules for each course and see what suits you best as you're more likely to perform better if you enjoy what you study. Another key aspect that would be significant to look at would be if the course is accredited or not. They may be accredited by different organisations. If they're different go online and research the accounting accreditation and pick between them to see if you prefer the broader or fiancy side of accounting.

I hope you know what accreditations are btw lol. If not let me know. :h:

Looking at the ACA website the Cass course can offer up to 8 exemptions whereas Queen Mary offers none, Royal Holloway and Surrey also offer some exemptions would you recommend these courses over the Queen Mary one for that reason if I am considering going into accountancy as a profession?
Reply 3
Original post by snoopyx
Looking at the ACA website the Cass course can offer up to 8 exemptions whereas Queen Mary offers none, Royal Holloway and Surrey also offer some exemptions would you recommend these courses over the Queen Mary one for that reason if I am considering going into accountancy as a profession?

Go with whatever gives you the most exam exemptions. You will thank yourself later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending