A*A*A - A2 predictions

good ref and ps chances?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by returnmigrant
Have a look at the 'Can't Make It?' page :
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/opendays/visit/

360 degree tours of departments and details of other chances to visit the Uni.

Thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by jamestg
I got 1A*, 5As and 5Bs at GCSE (top 10% of school) and then AAAB at AS. Would I be one of the 20-something% to not get an offer for Econ because they look at GCSE and not AS?

If you meet the minimum entry requirements, your PS will be read.

Its your PS that determines if you get an offer or not.
I'm looking to apply for either economics or economics with politics :smile:

GCSEs - 5 A* 4 A
AS - AAAC
This year I'm taking maths, history and politics and I'm predicted A*A*A* but not sure that's gonna happen aha but I love Bristol a lot! Bath is nice too
(edited 7 years ago)
Course Applying: Theoretical Physics MSci
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (AS)
GCSE grades: AAAAAABBB
AS grades: ABBB
A2 predicted: A*AA
Supra-curriculars: Sutton Trust summer school, Attended 2 maths seminars, Maths & Physics tutoring.
Reply 25
Course Applying: Aerospace Engineering MEngA2 subjects: Physics, Maths, Computer ScienceAS grades: ABC (Respectively)A2 predicted: AAA
(edited 7 years ago)
I went to the open day on 9th sept!

I really liked the uni! I'm from plymouth as it happens. I think the city is overall amazing! I loved the atmosphere that the uni gave too. The only thing that has put me off is the layout of the campus... Nothing seems to be together, you have to walk to different buildings within the city centre (like the wills memorial building). And also, the SU seems to be miles away from anything!

I'm interested in studying law and will be applying to bristol as one of my options for 2017 :tongue:

I'm heading back to bristol on October 8th to visit Bristol UWE. From what I've seen Online, I'm liking UWE more... haven't been there in person yet so haven't made a decision for sure!
Okay so I reading the Bristol Economics admissions statement and it says the application is 90% grades and 10% PS. So does this mean if you have top GCSE grades you are practically guaranteed an offer?
Reply 28
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Okay so I reading the Bristol Economics admissions statement and it says the application is 90% grades and 10% PS. So does this mean if you have top GCSE grades you are practically guaranteed an offer?

It is "Academics" which is not just GCSEs. Predicted grades will be important too.

Bristol has a 76% offer rate for Economics anyway.
http://university.which.co.uk/university-of-bristol-b78/economics-3-years-9000-l100-10323
I'm applying there!!
English Literature which requires A*AA
Got AABE at AS
A*AAABBBBBB at GCSE
I'm predicted AAA. This is my only high risk option so I don't have my heart set on it!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
It is "Academics" which is not just GCSEs. Predicted grades will be important too.

Bristol has a 76% offer rate for Economics anyway.
http://university.which.co.uk/university-of-bristol-b78/economics-3-years-9000-l100-10323

well I'm predicted 4A*s so I guess that just means I'm more likely to get in. I want to apply to at least 1 university where I can be 90% confident I will get a place. I'm paranoid about getting no offers bc I'm only applying to competitive unis, but I don't want to apply for any lower down ones.
Reply 31
well I'm predicted 4A*s so I guess that just means I'm more likely to get in. I want to apply to at least 1 university where I can be 90% confident I will get a place. I'm paranoid about getting no offers bc I'm only applying to competitive unis, but I don't want to apply for any lower down ones.

No one can say you are guaranteed... but let's say you are very likely :smile:

Most people get 4 or 5 offers (even applying to "higher" universities).

It's Economics, not Medicine.
Original post by jamestg
I got 1A*, 5As and 5Bs at GCSE (top 10% of school) and then AAAB at AS. Would I be one of the 20-something% to not get an offer for Econ because they look at GCSE and not AS?

If you have all the required subjects/grades, your PS will be read. Its your PS that determines if you get an offer or not.
Original post by jneill
No one can say you are guaranteed... but let's say you are very likely :smile:

Most people get 4 or 5 offers (even applying to "higher" universities).

It's Economics, not Medicine.

Yeah I know I'm being crazy paranoid... I don't even know anyone who didn't get an offer ANYWHERE but idk i just get paranoid seeing people on TSR with straight A*s and perfect grades who get rejected and then I'm like "what if that happens to me... but everywhere i apply?" and i know its crazy but i guess it'll just give me some peace if i can convince myself that I'm guaranteed an offer somewhere.

lool i just sounded so crazy sorry:colondollar:
people on TSR with straight A*s and perfect grades who get rejected

...because their Personal Statements were rubbish.
Reply 35
people on TSR with straight A*s and perfect grades who get rejected

From Oxbridge/LSE perhaps, but not elsewhere for Economics:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4321806
Original post by jneill
From Oxbridge/LSE perhaps, but not elsewhere for Economics:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4321806

Well, I am applying to Oxbridge and LSE.
Reply 37
Well, I am applying to Oxbridge and LSE.

and 3 others.
Reply 38
Hi guys! Kind of obsessed with these threads lol!
My top choice wouldve Bristol for Law however, I didn't due that well at AS ACC due to a lot of personal issues that have occurred from secondary school until present...
My father has been diagnosed with bipolar and mild schizophrenia since i was about 3. Due to the episodes (breakdowns) he has every now and then he often causes scenes at any of the schools i have been to. I was always told i have been emotionally abused by some of the events taken place in my presence. The break down of the relationship between me and my mother caused me to become homeless for a few weeks leading up to my AS exams and a few days after exams. Im not sure on whether to apply for extenuating circumstances or not but these incidents have effected me greatly. Thanks guys!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Pndomo
Hi guys! Kind of obsessed with these threads lol!
My top choice wouldve Bristol for Law however, I didn't due that well at AS ACC due to a lot of personal issues that have occurred from secondary school until present...
My father has be3ndiagnosed with bipolar and mild schizophrenia since i was about 3. Due to the episodes (breakdowns) he has every now and then he offend causes seens at any of the schools i have been to. I was always told i have been emotionally abused by some of the events taken place in my presence. The break down of the relationship between me and my mother caused me to become homeless for a few weeks leading up to my AS exams and a few days after exams. Im not sure on whether to apply for extenuating circumstances or not but these incidents have effected me greatly. Thanks guys!

It depends on your predicted, i heard that Bristol don't really look at AS Grades. Just predicted/personal statement. But if you can mention that in your personal statement. They will most likely let you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending