The Student Room Group

What banks target KCL?

I know it's a weaker semi-target so it's harder to get into Ib from there so I was wondering banks do actually target it. Where can I find that info since I can't find any lists of target unis by bank? My cousin is applying this for Spring weeks and he was wondering which banks target kcl so he can apply to those?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YoFadda
I know it's a weaker semi-target so it's harder to get into Ib from there so I was wondering banks do actually target it. Where can I find that info since I can't find any lists of target unis by bank? My cousin is applying this for Spring weeks and he was wondering which banks target kcl so he can apply to those?

Check out the ones that sponsor its investment banking society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Barclays, HSBC, Nomura, Citi, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank
Original post by YoFadda

N.B. he would be very silly to only apply to a few banks. He should apply everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
None.
Original post by BabyLadDarren
None.

Not true, there are six banks that target KCL. They are the ones that Trapz has mentioned
Reply 6
@trapz @YoFadda @BabyLadDarren

Please stop giving **** advice based on stuff you don't know.

And OP, do not take advice from A-level students.

King's is a weaker semi-target - what's that based on?

Entry requirements aren't stringent to be sure, but it's status in terms of employers internationally and within the international academic community, vastly surpass those of presumably "stronger" semi-target.

Anecdote:

I go to Kings and I can tell you that I have had Lazard, Goldman Sachs (and blackrock) come to the IB/finance/tech (still in the context of finance) societies .

More importantly, there are fast-track programs for certain students at KCL with top IBs like GS, as you'll find out if you join the IB/finance/tech societies.

If you want to confirm this perhaps look at events of its IB/Finance etc societies, look at the networking events, talk to student leaders etc...

TL;DR King's is not a semi-target lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Is durham a semi target?
Original post by Maton
@trapz @YoFadda @BabyLadDarren

Please stop giving **** advice based on stuff you don't know.

And OP, do not take advice from A-level students.

King's is a weaker semi-target - what's that based on?

Entry requirements aren't stringent to be sure, but it's status in terms of employers internationally and within the international academic community, vastly surpass those of presumably "stronger" semi-target.

Anecdote:

I go to Kings and I can tell you that I have had Lazard, Goldman Sachs (and blackrock) come to the IB/finance/tech (still in the context of finance) societies .

More importantly, there are fast-track programs for certain students at KCL with top IBs like GS, as you'll find out if you join the IB/finance/tech societies.

If you want to confirm this perhaps look at events of its IB/Finance etc societies, look at the networking events, talk to student leaders etc...

TL;DR King's is not a semi-target lol.

It is a semi-target, I don't think you quite get what that means: not all banks target it, but a fair amount DO and it simply sends *on the whole* less people into FO roles versus the targets. Targets are pretty firmly in place: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial and Warwick.

I take it you've been on a spring week? You should thus know the representation of various unis.

And FYI, just because *GS* goes on campus does not automatically boost the university into being a target. GS also loves to visit Loughborough and Leeds - are they now targets too?

P.S. entry requirements, the international academic community mean bugger all for finance. Is it really necessary to go on this huge rant about all of that just to be a cheerleader for a uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by blessed107
Is durham a semi target?

I think the "semi-target"' label is too vague.

If you mean: "Do top banks and financial institutions target Durham?"

I guess this can be trivially checked.

(Note: I'm pretty sure it's a target, if only in the UK)
Original post by blessed107
Is durham a semi target?

yh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Princepieman
It is a semi-target, I don't think you quite get what that means: not all banks target it, but a fair amount DO and it simply sends *on the whole* less people into FO roles versus the targets. Targets are pretty firmly in place: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial and Warwick.

I take it you've been on a spring week? You should thus know the representation of various unis.

And FYI, just because *GS* goes on campus does not automatically boost the university into being a target. GS also loves to visit Loughborough and Leeds - are they now targets too?

P.S. entry requirements, the international academic community mean bugger all for finance. Is it really necessary to go on this huge rant about all of that just to be a cheerleader for a uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

"More importantly, there are fast-track programs...at GS"

First part was introductory.

You should have had the patience to read up to "more importantly" - do you know what this sentence means.

Also explain how your argument holds with that sentence I quoted.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Maton

Explain this then genius.

Ok, did you not read my post or? It's not a bad thing to be a semi-target, just means fewer people become obsessed with finance enough to head into it and not all banks recruit from there.

GS has fast track programmes at a variety of universities - it is probably one of THE most accepting banks around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

Bro. Stop giving advice, you're not a thinker.

"it simply sends *on the whole* less people into FO roles versus the targets "

No university sends people into FO - genius.

A target has sh*t like fast-track programs to facilitate the process.

Now do you understand?

Do you see why university representation means f*ck all?
Original post by Maton

You should have had the patience to read up to "more importantly" - do you know what this sentence means.

None of this really merits a discussion or argument, it is what it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Ok, did you not read my post or? It's not a bad thing to be a semi-target, just means fewer people become obsessed with finance enough to head into it and not all banks recruit from there.

GS has fast track programmes at a variety of universities - it is probably one of THE most accepting banks around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're patently wrong though, so f*ck your post. I'm surprised you can even pass a f*cking competency test.

Explain Lazard and Blackrock then - genius.
Original post by Maton
Bro. Stop giving advice, you're not a thinker.

"it simply sends *on the whole* less people into FO roles versus the targets "

No university sends people into FO - genius.

A target has sh*t like fast-track programs to facilitate the process.

Now do you understand?

Do you see why university representation means f*ck all?

yh, cba tbh. Think what you want, if it makes your life happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maton
You're patently wrong though, so f*ck your post. I'm surprised you can even pass a f*cking competency test.

Explain Lazard and Blackrock then - genius.

As I said, no point discussing this. I actually have a good friend from KCL going to Laz - he enjoyed his spring there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maton

First part was introductory.

it's a semi-target bro :smile:

proportionately sends in a lot less people than the targets previously aforementiond. to put it in context out of about ~50-55 IBD interns in my summer class, 0 were from kings, wheras the targets at the top had atleast 2-3+ from each (with a cocnsiderable weighting on oxbridge)

the point is not to say it's a bad school, as i've done several spring weeks and kings had atleast 1-2 people from the various banks that i've been too, it's just not as strong in sending kids into banking than some other schools.
Reply 19
yh, cba tbh. Think what you want, if it makes your life happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You struggled with further maths, so I can understand why you can't reason.

I presented facts, you couldn't disprove them, so you cowered back to your little hole.

Unlike you, I talk about what I've experienced.

You're just a poly-quality student fantasizing on TSR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending