The Student Room Group

Article: Three ways to find your feet after freshers

A problem that I found is that if you kind of .. close your mind, not really but sort of... I'm not sure.. but I found that there were little to no things that interested me in the way of societies in the first year or two, though if I could go back I'd change that for sure and try something new that I'm tentative about.. although there are still a few of those. But yes, purpose is important for being at uni.
"With Freshers Week now over..."

Mate mine hasn't even begun yet. Calm it!
Original post by RDKGames

Yeah but that is because Loughborough is weird and wants to torture us with the wait :smile:
Buy a cat honestly
Original post by RDKGames

Haha! Some started two weeks ago :smile:

Well you've read this now so you'll be extra-wise :colone:

Have a super freshers week! :happy2:
Original post by JohnGreek
Lol not all unis have had their Fresher's Week :biggrin:

I think that the toughest bit about the transition is that you need to start getting into full academic mode in the weekend after Freshers', which is tough enough without having to struggle through all the reading lists and everything.

The change from party animal to law undergrad has literally been an overnight one for me, and that, truthfully, is not easy after a 3 month summer.

I agree :yep: it felt like a bit of a shock to me too. So have you just started uni or second year? How's it going?
Original post by JohnGreek
I've just started as a first year, and, amongst other things, Fresher's has led to a common cold that has wiped out a third of the people in my accommodation (including me :frown: ). Thankfully the serious reading hasn't started yet, but I'd rather not have to go to lectures with a fever of 38C ...

Ouch! That is harsh. Poor you :sad:

So would you class that as Fresher's flu? How are you looking after yourself at uni while you're sick?
Reply 8
Finding your feet is easy, just look down :K:

Quick Reply

Latest