The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by atom y humber
The cope.

You don't make up quote which you attribute to the person. He'd get sue to Pluto.

He wrote a book about mou. I'm sure he told mou this and hence granted him the meeting.

I'm sure the quote is 90% true.

The guy's been sued for libel before, by Benitez.
Reply 641
Wenger plays Alexis as a striker because he doesn't believe in buying a top class striker. Wengers ideology is to convert wingers into strikers like he done with Henry and RVP. He wanted to buy Draxler and do it also. That's why Wenger has never spend more than 16m on a striker and he only wanted Vardy because he is cheap. I don't understand how Arsenal fans don't see this.
Reply 642
Original post by al_94
Wenger plays Alexis as a striker because he doesn't believe in buying a top class striker. Wengers ideology is to convert wingers into strikers like he done with Henry and RVP. He wanted to buy Draxler and do it also. That's why Wenger has never spend more than 16m on a striker and he only wanted Vardy because he is cheap. I don't understand how Arsenal fans don't see this.

Even though we bid well over £16m before for Suarez and Higuain
Reply 643
Original post by AR_95
Even though we bid well over £16m before for Suarez and Higuain

Yes but it was well under what the clubs wanted. Wenger isn't dumb he knows he can't get them for that price.
Original post by difeo
The guy's been sued for libel before, by Benitez.

Cool then if it's lies mou shouldn't have much problem suing him. Oh wait he pretty much said he won't cos it's true.

Keep coping.
not confident at all for this evening..

But at least its nice to feel like we have a chance. Even last season as long as they had mohrinho in charge, it never felt like we had a shot - but now that barrier is gone, who knows..

If I was betting, would put money on a draw personally, reckon we will spurn early chances, and chelsea will go infront, but then we will pull it back later on in the game.
Reply 646
Original post by atom y humber
Cool then if it's lies mou shouldn't have much problem suing him. Oh wait he pretty much said he won't cos it's true.

Keep coping.

No he didn't lol
Original post by al_94
Yes but it was well under what the clubs wanted. Wenger isn't dumb he knows he can't get them for that price.

So you're telling us that Wenger "knew" he wouldn't get Suarez when he bid the se amount as Suarez's release clause? Ok pal...
When we lose today it'll be to absolutely no one's surprise. This occasion (Wenger's 20th anniversary) is absolutely smashing for us to get smashed by our eternal rivals, forever above us. After all, we were raped on Wenger's 1000th game.

On the very very teeny chance that we do win... we'll gloat on it for too long and lose the next three or four games. We're now so irrelevant that any victory over the ones who "always beat us" is worth celebrating. What a bunch of losers we are.

I fully expect AFTV to be raking in the cash today, just like the overlords they serve, who care naught at all about competing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 649
Original post by shawn_o1
When we lose today it'll be to absolutely no one's surprise. This occasion (Wenger's 20th anniversary) is absolutely smashing for us to get smashed by our eternal rivals, forever above us. After all, we were raped on Wenger's 1000th game.

On the very very teeny chance that we do win... we'll gloat on it for too long and lose the next three or four games. We're now so irrelevant that any victory over the ones who "always beat us" is worth celebrating. What a bunch of losers we are.

I fully expect AFTV to be raking in the cash today, just like the overlords they serve, who care naught at all about competing.

[video="youtube;SLEdsI731J4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLEdsI731J4[/video]
Reply 650
Original post by leinad2012
So you're telling us that Wenger "knew" he wouldn't get Suarez when he bid the se amount as Suarez's release clause? Ok pal...

Suarez never wanted to join Arsenal anyway. Answer me this, how is it in 20 years Wenger has never bought a striker over 16m?
All you fans that think we should spunk ridiculous money on a striker: wait until you're the first ones to complain that he's a waste of money. Honestly I'd say that 16m was also a waste; in three years he'll have spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.
Original post by al_94
Suarez never wanted to join Arsenal anyway. Answer me this, how is it in 20 years Wenger has never bought a striker over 16m?

This is just counterfactual nonsense
Anyone at the game today?

Time to get behind the team. I still believe.
Coqzorla is gonna be spanked tonight
We just named the same team as last week. Watch our midfield get overrun by our former player.
Reply 656
Original post by Zürich
This is just counterfactual nonsense

Do you know what was in his mind? The only fact is that he never joined Arsenal. I still want to know why Wenger has never been able to sign a top striker.
F*CKING START XHAKA WENGER FFS

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
SPRAY DEM MANNNNN

6-0 pls
Time to lose the next three or four then.
Or, lose by four or more goals like we did the last time we played a half decent team

Quick Reply

Latest