The Student Room Group

Whats your weekly budget for food?

I've just planned how much my weekly shopping will cost and its around £25 a week not including £10 for fruit and snacks. I did go for convenience over price with a few items but its a healthy enough diet and a generous enough budget that I think I can actually stick to it but I work while I'm at uni so i'm not exactly screwed if I don't stick to it every week.

Out of curiosity what are other peoples budgets? and how strictly do you have to stick to your budget?
Mine was £25 a week. I would often stay under it. I think I had the odd week where I went over it though. (I could afford to)
£5.
I save around £400 per year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes. I have a good breakfast meal that keeps me going for most of the day at school. I have lunch when i get home :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My budget for food is £15 however i do take food from my parents home when i visit every weekend which helps a lot financially.
I spent £20-30 a week during uni, how much depended on the year (I worked in third year so budgeted more for food)

I stuck to it strictly as I found that if I kept to the same habits it was easy but once I started getting the odd extra then I would miss them the next week and want more
About £100 - £125 per week.
Original post by realhotnsweaty
About £100 - £125 per week.

What are you eating, fresh Iranian caviar?
Original post by Mactotaur
What are you eating, fresh Iranian caviar?

Not really. I just buy quality stuff and I eat a lot since I weigh about 24 stone.
Original post by realhotnsweaty
Not really. I just buy quality stuff and I eat a lot since I weigh about 24 stone.

Not that it's particularly my business, but you'd have to be 8 foot 2 to not be overweight - have you considered that you might be better off saving the money?
Original post by Mactotaur
Not that it's particularly my business, but you'd have to be 8 foot 2 to not be overweight - have you considered that you might be better off saving the money?

I am a shade over 7' tall so I am not fat at all - just a lot of bone and muscle.
during start of uni I spent like £50 a week. Then during mid uni when student finance is running out I spend like 15-25£ on food. Then during exam season is take away time so I got take way 2 weeks straight. Cost about £70-£100 a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by student2312
I've just planned how much my weekly shopping will cost and its around £25 a week not including £10 for fruit and snacks. I did go for convenience over price with a few items but its a healthy enough diet and a generous enough budget that I think I can actually stick to it but I work while I'm at uni so i'm not exactly screwed if I don't stick to it every week.

Out of curiosity what are other peoples budgets? and how strictly do you have to stick to your budget?

Hello :smile:

That's pretty accurate to be honest and the most sensible price I've seen since working on The Student Room.

My weekly budget when I started was £25 and this was just for me - however, I started doing a shop with other people and now, I only spend around £10 a week on a shop!

You're doing good, well done :smile:
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :smile:

That's pretty accurate to be honest and the most sensible price I've seen since working on The Student Room.

My weekly budget when I started was £25 and this was just for me - however, I started doing a shop with other people and now, I only spend around £10 a week on a shop!

You're doing good, well done :smile:

Well I'm doing well if I continue to stick to it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending