The Student Room Group

UKCAT score

Hey

I know there have been some previous posts but what score should I reach in my UKCAT to have a chance? I think it'd be a great relief if I knew...

Cheers!
Original post by phil730d
Hey

I know there have been some previous posts but what score should I reach in my UKCAT to have a chance? I think it'd be a great relief if I knew...

Cheers!

Hi which university are you aiming for? Any score greater than 600 average is a good score! 700 plus basically assures you an offer. So depending on the uni of choice, we can guide you better.
Original post by AspiringSword
Hi which university are you aiming for? Any score greater than 600 average is a good score! 700 plus basically assures you an offer. So depending on the uni of choice, we can guide you better.

This is not the case actually. 700+ doesn't assure you an offer, it just makes it more likely that you will get an interview. After you attend the interview, other factors do not matter (you have been invited because of your strong academics) and only the interview performance will determine whether you will get an offer.
Original post by phil730d
Hey

Cheers!

As mentioned above, it depends on how "UKCAT-heavy" the uni is and a high UKCAT mostly ensures an interview invite unless the uni simply uses as a tie-breaker in borderline cases when giving out offers. If you haven't sat the test yet, my advice would be to simply prepare as best as you can and not worry about how much you should get or how much others seem to be achieving either in mocks or the real exam. I made that mistake last year- worried too much about the score and wasted time trying to find out how much is good enough. Sit the exam, get your score and then make smart choices based on your score. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest