The Student Room Group

ALL YEAR 12's and 13's IN FACT EVERYONE COME AND ANSWER THIS?

Started year 12 on the 6th of Sep, and revised from day one but very lightly. Going to start revising properly this Monday so the 26th is that still considered early in the school year and is it considered early revision?
no, thats how people get good grades
Reply 2
Depends on how you look at it, that is pretty early but it's good that you're starting that early. I only started properly revising at the beginning of year 13.
Reply 3
Honestly i just started year 12 and i just started yesterday so i think u r doing better than i am. And yes it is considered early revsion but when r u going to start? In april?
Reply 4
Yeah for A-levels I suggest you start studying from the beginning, even if it's only going over everything you've learned that day/week.

Make sure to also get practice questions (and eventually past papers once you've covered all the topics) as it's really important to understand the structure of papers and get used to the style of answering questions.
Im yr 12 and im starting at half term to revise for mocks
Reply 6
When I was in your position last year I thought that was way too early. In fact I left it until April to start revision which was a bad choice.

My grades weren't too bad (AABd), but I don't think it was healthy or efficient, I didn't even leave my room from April onwards. So all I can say is, start early but don't burnout early on in the year, just start doing a bit every week and gradually increasing the hours you're putting in.
Reply 7
Original post by Freshstart123
Started year 12 on the 6th of Sep, and revised from day one but very lightly. Going to start revising properly this Monday so the 26th is that still considered early in the school year and is it considered early revision?

It's never too early to start revising but I would suggest doing revision bit by bit, so in small chunks such as 30mins before having a short 10 mins break before starting again. Also plan your revision around so that it works for you.
Original post by JTran38
It's never too early to start revising but I would suggest doing revision bit by bit, so in small chunks such as 30mins before having a short 10 mins break before starting again. Also plan your revision around so that it works for you.

Yeah but when i start on the 26th of sep is that considered early in the year
Original post by QQZeroE
Yeah for A-levels I suggest you start studying from the beginning, even if it's only going over everything you've learned that day/week.

Make sure to also get practice questions (and eventually past papers once you've covered all the topics) as it's really important to understand the structure of papers and get used to the style of answering questions.

So is me starting on the 26th of sep considered the beginning of the year?
That's actually a very sensible decision. Starting your studying early'll definitely help you understand and memorise things better when it comes time for the exam. Don't overdo it, though; that'll just get you more confused. Just do it in small chunks, and you'll be fine.
I'm in Year 13, and I want to get an A in Maths, so when I have no homework to do, I teach myself the C3 and C4 topics beyond the class and write notes on them. This is so when we cover it in the lesson, the concept feels less alien to me.
I find trigonometry the hardest topic, so I particularly focus on that. Now I already know my reciprocal trig functions and how to use the double angle formulae, even though we're not doing trig yet in class. :smile:
And 26 September is still quite early in the year; you've only been in sixth form for less than a month. But it's a good time to start. The earlier, the bettrt!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Freshstart123
Yeah but when i start on the 26th of sep is that considered early in the year

We'll you could always consolidate you're knowledge on what you've learnt so far in AS and perhaps get a head start of other topics you'll do later by watching videos on YouTube etc. I'm a GCSE student btw so I was talking about the general revision stuff to revision.

Quick Reply

Latest