The Student Room Group

Economics help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine774
Is the highest grade you can get at AS level an A?:smile:

Yes, you can only get A* at A Level
Original post by azizadil1998
Are you doing your A2's now? or are you just saying you're starting sixth form now and you want that grade overall haha?

Either way it's not actually THAT hard - well not on the old spec at least, I need 80% average and 90% above in the A2's... unit 4 is relatively easier if you like the subject and can write well with some knowledge of current affairs or maybe a case study you have chosen yourself.

Yh Im in yr12 now starting econ lol
Original post by mapotts53
Yes, you can only get A* at A Level

Ah ok thank you!:smile:
Reply 83
Original post by zainyyyyy
for all elasticity formulas quantity is always at the bottom.

ped = %changeinprice/%changeinquantity
yed = %changeinincome/%changeinquantity

Hi econ plus dal said the value of price elasticity of supply is always POSITIVE but physics and math tutor hav done something different. econ plus dal also said you cover the sign in front when intrepreting the value of PES and PED but not XED or YED is that true? PLease HELP!!!!
Thank you so much for the tips!!!! (Sorry for late reply)
How did you revise for the part about "similarities to and differences of methodology of natural sciences and other sciences"? In the spec?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by shohaib712
Thank you so much for the tips!!!! (Sorry for late reply)
How did you revise for the part about "similarities to and differences of methodology of natural sciences and other sciences"? In the spec?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board is that?
Original post by kas9
What exam board is that?

AQA
Reply 87
Original post by shohaib712
AQA

Same here.
The best thing to do would be to find it in your textbook.
Honestly though, that is probably one of the least likely things you'd be asked about, possibly find one multiple choice question about it, but i highly doubt that too.
It's essentially about how social science is different to natural science. Do a little research in that, but you don't really need to concern yourself too much about that.
Reply 88
Original post by kas9
Same here.
The best thing to do would be to find it in your textbook.
Honestly though, that is probably one of the least likely things you'd be asked about, possibly find one multiple choice question about it, but i highly doubt that too.
It's essentially about how social science is different to natural science. Do a little research in that, but you don't really need to concern yourself too much about that.

Is the book micro and Macro economics for dummies good? @zainyyyyy
Original post by MouseyBrown
I don't exactly what he said, but YED<1 doesn't have to be negative.

So you could have luxury - supercar with YED positive and more than 1.

Then butter - more or less a necessity, for which demand will rise but by less than income. If your house earns a bit more then your generally gonna consume a bit more of things like this.

Then margarine, which is an 'inferior' substitute for butter. You'll have to start buying more of it as you get poorer.

I can see why he/she got confused to be honest. Had to read it two times to properly understand it lol.

What the person is saying is that:

- NEGATIVE YED is an inferior good, but YED of 1<x<-1 will indicate it is an inferior or normal necessity (depending on sign), and a YED of x>1 or x<-1 will mean it is a normal or inferior luxury.. not sure how you can have an inferior luxury so i think that will only work for normal goods?

hope that makes more sense.
Reply 90
Original post by Jane122
Is the book micro and Macro economics for dummies good? @zainyyyyy

Never used it, sorry.
Reply 91
Ask anyone questions about economics related questions

How are you learning A2?
Are you doing micro or macro first?
most public schools do them simultaneously, with one teacher doing micro and one for macro.

Original post by kas9
How are you learning A2?
Reply 93
doing micro first as i think there's more content to my last recollection on the specification. Also, I prefer micro to macro although i got way higher in macro

I am just selfteaching myself. I cant be bothered with the school slowing down to help teach everyone else

Original post by kas9
How are you learning A2?
doing micro first as i think there's more content to my last recollection on the specification. Also, I prefer micro to macro although i got way higher in macro

I am just selfteaching myself. I cant be bothered with the school slowing down to help teach everyone else

Lol dude you're the same as me, i really like micro, but I got 70/100 and 59/80 in micro, and 80 and 110 in macro..
Reply 95

hey if you don't mind, i want to learn all of micro properly and macro in one year. what is ur method for self teaching and how far are u into the sylabuss?
Reply 96
finished micro and i hate macro so much so im just going with the class.
just going through all of econplusdal's videos
Original post by Jane122
hey if you don't mind, i want to learn all of micro properly and macro in one year. what is ur method for self teaching and how far are u into the sylabuss?
Reply 97
finished micro and i hate macro so much so im just going with the class.
just going through all of econplusdal's videos

You've finished the whole of A-Level micro that quick? How?
Reply 98
well the content is easy. Just look up the content online. All the content i have learnt is being retold to me in lessons so i dont think im doing it wrong

Original post by kas9
You've finished the whole of A-Level micro that quick? How?
Reply 99
well the content is easy. Just look up the content online. All the content i have learnt is being retold to me in lessons so i dont think im doing it wrong

So you've essentially covered all the new A-Level micro content like labour market, behavioural economics etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending