The Student Room Group

Corbyn wins again!

Corbyn has again won the leadership of the labour party. With 62% of the vote.

Scroll to see replies

Yay! I love Corbynnn :biggrin:
Well welcome to at least ten to fifteen years of tory government. Labour, with Corbyn as leader, is totally unelectable.
He reigns supreme.

Now all he needs is more than half a dozen MPs to support him, which is going to be difficult.
Original post by 303Pharma
Well welcome to at least ten to fifteen years of tory government. Labour, with Corbyn as leader, is totally unelectable.

So true. :sad:

People will be so desperate, they will probably end up voting Lib Dem again. :teehee:
No surprise really. The centrist elements (for want of a better term) of the Labour Party capitulated without much of a fight.
20 more years of the Tories being in power.
Reply 7
If only he'd have lost then he could join the greens and make us great again!
Original post by 303Pharma

:jive:

:danceboy:
Original post by LifeIsFine
20 more years of the Tories being in power.

[scrollr]:ymca::yay::rave: [/scrollr]

[scroll]:ymca::yay::rave: [/scroll]

[scrollr]:ymca::yay::rave: [/scrollr]*
Maybe he'll be outvoted next year, and being the principled guy he is, I'm sure he'll stick to his words.
Original post by the bear
[scrollr]:ymca::yay::rave: [/scrollr]

[scroll]:ymca::yay::rave: [/scroll]

[scrollr]:ymca::yay::rave: [/scrollr]*

Lol someone's happy
For someone who claims to be basically supported by the whole membership, whose surrogates claim the PLP is alone and it's the PLP against the members, for around 4 in 10 and almost 200,000 Labour members and supporters to have voted for Owen Smith, in spite of the bullying, in spite of the threats, in spite of the intimidation, is remarkable.

It completely undermines Corbyn's claim that he represents everyone outside the PLP.
Title should be "Tories Win Again"
Original post by Quantex
No surprise really. The centrist elements (for want of a better term) of the Labour Party capitulated without much of a fight.

Err, what? How?
YESSSSS
Reply 16
Duh. I dunno what my position is on Corbyn any more. I wouldn't have had high hopes if the impossible opposite outcome had occurred; Owen Smith would hardly be "electable" either; he is devoid of charisma. He seems less principled, but this notion of Corbyn as some kind of saint in that regard seems overly hopeful/naive and hard to support. In any case, certainly Labour's future does not look too bright.
Lol someone's happy

[scrollr]kittysaysjez.jpg[/scrollr] *

translation compliance:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Lol someone's happy

Of course. Bear is a Tory
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
he is devoid of charisma. He seems less principled, but this notion of Corbyn as some kind of saint in that regard seems overly hopeful/naive and hard to support. In any case, certainly Labour's future does not look too bright.

But he's not really devoid of charisma, is he? Most of the people who say this are the people who adopt this kind of snotty affectation of being politically unbiased, "Oh I'm so very very superior and above grubby partisanship. I'm almost on another plane of existence, so elevated is my intellect".

Polls consistently show that ordinary voters prefer Smith to Corbyn something like 65 to 35. In interviews Owen Smith always masters the policy brief and is great on the details, and he's always upbeat and in reality is a really nice guy.

Jeremy Corbyn, by contrast, is a crabby old throwback to the 1970s who shouts at journalists who ask him unwanted questions, takes thousands of pounds as payment to be a television shill for a regime that lynches gay men from cranes, and has happily allowed a cult of personality to grow around him both for reasons of vanity and to have a political attack force to menace his enemies.

Anyone who thinks the two are in any way comparable has obviously had a moral sensibility bypass
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending