The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Thank you so much! I was wondering how many people interviewed you? And how long di it last roughly?
Good luck!! Hope you get your first choice!! (Btw my questions were for TLC)
Original post by PharmPharm9
Hey,

Had my interview for both KSS and TLC yesterday. It wasn't bad at all! Don't worry much about clinical, it's mainly scenario based. There was a nunber of general interview questions, so prepare for those.

Hope it helps!
I have a bit of an issue I am waiting on a hospital's reply that I really want, but I have TLC on the 28th. It will be a 4hr journey to get to the TLC interview and potentially a waste of money if the hospital I really want replies by then. Should I phone up the pre reg co-coordinator, at the hospital I want, to ask for a date where replies will be sent? or is that not appropriate?
Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!
I have a bit of an issue I am waiting on a hospital's reply that I really want, but I have TLC on the 28th. It will be a 4hr journey to get to the TLC interview and potentially a waste of money if the hospital I really want replies by then. Should I phone up the pre reg co-coordinator, at the hospital I want, to ask for a date where replies will be sent? or is that not appropriate?

Yeah, absolutely phone them up - in fact, it was kind of discourteous of them not to say when they would get back to you by.
Reply 863
Hey guys, I just have a few questions which may sound pretty silly to you, but honestly have been the plague of my interview prep, so if anyone could input I'd really appreciate. Here goes...

1) what is the new pharmacy nhs contract and how does it affect hospital pharmacists?

2) any ideas what questions I could ask the interviewers at the end of the interview? I'm struggling to find some ideas.

Original post by mw0211
Hey guys, I just have a few questions which may sound pretty silly to you, but honestly have been the plague of my interview prep, so if anyone could input I'd really appreciate. Here goes...

1) what is the new pharmacy nhs contract and how does it affect hospital pharmacists?

2) any ideas what questions I could ask the interviewers at the end of the interview? I'm struggling to find some ideas.

For number 2 - I asked questions like how do you see the pharmacy department developing in the next few years?
Another one I asked was about the Carter review - Given that pharmacists are encouraged to have an increasingly clinical role at the moment, what changes have you made as a trust to reflect this?
You could also ask them questions about what opportunities do they have for career progression post- pre-reg? It shows you are interested in a career there and want to stay on :smile:
These are just some of my ideas, hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by Lilacdream
For number 2 - I asked questions like how do you see the pharmacy department developing in the next few years?
Another one I asked was about the Carter review - Given that pharmacists are encouraged to have an increasingly clinical role at the moment, what changes have you made as a trust to reflect this?
You could also ask them questions about what opportunities do they have for career progression post- pre-reg? It shows you are interested in a career there and want to stay on :smile:

Hi Lilacdream, was your interview for a specific hospital?
Original post by misspharma
Hi Lilacdream, was your interview for a specific hospital?

Hiya :smile: yeah mine were for a specific hospital - though you could always re-word the questions to adapt them for more than one :smile:
Reply 867
Original post by Lilacdream

Thank you so much hun, I appreciate it. Drowning in interview prep here, nothing seems to be making sense and I feel I'm wasting my time :frown: all the best!!
Anyone know when are we going to know the score of SE interview?
Original post by mw0211
Thank you so much hun, I appreciate it. Drowning in interview prep here, nothing seems to be making sense and I feel I'm wasting my time :frown: all the best!!

No worries :smile: aw I'm sorry - hopefully it all works out for you :smile:
Anyone got an offer from St. George's?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

Had my interview for both KSS and TLC yesterday. It wasn't bad at all! Don't worry much about clinical, it's mainly scenario based. There was a nunber of general interview questions, so prepare for those.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for replying and i really appreciate your quick response. Would you be able to pm me the general interview questions and scenarios if you remember.

Kind regards.
Original post by csd011
anyone else have TLC interview on wednesday?

I have on thursday.
Has anyone heard from Poole Hospital?
Original post by Miss Dior
Anyone got an offer from St. George's?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! Heard back on Friday! Have you?
Anyone else with an offer from West Herts Hospitals? I want to find potential fellow pre-reg's (still waiting back from SouthbEast and TLC)
Original post by Wingbbbbbb2
Anyone know when are we going to know the score of SE interview?

This coming Thursday 29th :smile:
Reply 877
Hey

Not really in the best position to say (since i havent attended any of their interviews) but 2 of my friends both attended the panel interviews, for different trusts (one applied to St georges and the other Epsom/Kingston). Having asked them both, the questions were really similar, if not the same.

Hope this helps (but again, i cant say for definite!).

Thanks for the response! Yes I heard that too and now I'm regretting not applying to more than one :frown:*
Anyone heard from The Royal Marsden yet? Been a week since the interview :/
Did anyone get a contract sent when they got their offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending