The Student Room Group

A level choices

Hi, I'm going to be picking my a level choices soon and I'm not sure what I should do. At the moment, I'm thinking of studying psychology at uni but that would probably change so I really want to keep my options open.

I'm picking between: Maths , Biology, Psychology, Computer Science, Geography and Business.

Note that psychology is only available at one of the schools I'm applying to so please could you state another option as well if you think I should take psychology a level.
And for GCSE, I'm predicted a/a* for all these subjects except psychology (which wasn't an option at GCSE), if that helps.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by love4daisy
Hi, I'm going to be picking my a level choices soon and I'm not sure what I should do. At the moment, I'm thinking of studying psychology at uni but that would probably change so I really want to keep my options open.

I'm picking between: Maths , Biology, Psychology, Computer Science, Geography and Business.

Note that psychology is only available at one of the schools I'm applying to so please could you state another option as well if you think I should take psychology a level.
And for GCSE, I'm predicted a/a* for all these subjects except psychology (which wasn't an option at GCSE), if that helps.

If you want to study Psychology at university i think the subjects you should consider taking are Psychology, Sociology and Biology however as you said you may change what you want to do at university over time so i suggest you do Psychology, Biology and Maths if you're school does four A Levels then pick something else you want to do but at the end of the day its up to you and what you want to study. I suggest you look at what course you want to study at university and look at the specific subject requirements they ask for.

My friend is applying for psychology at Oxford. She took Chemistry, maths and psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Psychology isn't an absolute requirement for doing it at university so you don't have to take it, but then again it might make you see whether or not it is something you want to pursue.

I think Biology, Maths and Psychology or Geography would be best. If you haven't all ready, take a look at the specifications and past papers of the subjects to see what they're all like.

Quick Reply

Latest