The Student Room Group

Am I aiming too low?

Hi
I think my mum is getting annoyed as she thinks I am aiming too low. I just went to Sussex Uni and i really liked it as the course looked fun and its really near brighton and the people were all very lovely. The grades they want are AAB for alevels. I am predicted A* A* A for alevels (maths chem further maths). I got 4 As in AS level. My question is am I aimimg too low and should I look at higher ranking unis. My other two unis I really like are Warwick and Surrey.
Original post by helpme:)
Hi
I think my mum is getting annoyed as she thinks I am aiming too low. I just went to Sussex Uni and i really liked it as the course looked fun and its really near brighton and the people were all very lovely. The grades they want are AAB for alevels. I am predicted A* A* A for alevels (maths chem further maths). I got 4 As in AS level. My question is am I aimimg too low and should I look at higher ranking unis. My other two unis I really like are Warwick and Surrey.

Hey man, Uni of Sussex is not too bad! You need to go to the Unis and have a look because you need to take in count of other things such as facilities, school's environment etc..... If I was you I would go Warwick Uni as it is one of the best Uni's in the country and one of my friend's sister goes there. And I think in Warwick uni you might get better friends as they have high goals, the interesting thing is you need to surround yourself with good people otherwise you will get dragged with them. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by A* levels
Hey man, Uni of Sussex is not too bad! You need to go to the Unis and have a look because you need to take in count of other things such as facilities, school's environment etc..... If I was you I would go Warwick Uni as it is one of the best Uni's in the country and one of my friend's sister goes there. And I think in Warwick uni you might get better friends as they have high goals, the interesting thing is you need to surround yourself with good people otherwise you will get dragged with them. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. Warwick was my first choice and I think Sussex is third but my mum just is annoyed because she thinks I can do better even though i prefered the campus and people at Sussex compared to other high ranking universities such as Bath imo. I am also debating whether to consider Imperial College London but still not sure. Thanks again, very helpful
Reply 3
Original post by A* levels

Thank you so much. Warwick was my first choice and I think Sussex is third but my mum just is annoyed because she thinks I can do better even though i prefered the campus and people at Sussex compared to other high ranking universities such as Bath imo. I am also debating whether to consider Imperial College London but still not sure. Thanks again, very helpful
Original post by helpme:)
Hi

If you want to go to Sussex, go to Sussex, if you want to go to Warwick or Surrey, go to them. Why do you want to go to universities where you are feeling insecure and you don't like the environment around you? what is more important? that you are going to universities with high prestige, although you have a bad feeling for it or going to ones where you are feeling good and you like the course?*

Your 'mum' should shut her mouth up. It is your future, thus your decision. Giving advices is fine and dandy, but she has not to determine your life. This one is up to you only. *
You can consider whatever unis you want with those predicted grades - look into Ox&Cam too

Quick Reply

Latest