The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Tango :lol: I don't have that one :colondollar: trust me I have 1 or 2 just because of my mum lmao as she made me add some of her relatives/friends numbers when her phone stopped working and was waiting for new one....and now I can't delete/block them because I feel bad and they will know so they are just there and sometimes call me :colonhash:

Hahahha yeah tango lmao :tongue: ahh okay :smile: well i have whatsapp for all my mates and family tbh:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
Wa'alaykum Assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I don't remember the last time I had one tbh. What is the info?

Spoiler

Glad to know guys :biggrin: I do have WhatsApp, Viber and 2 others lol but only for family back home and here ifygm and people I know or trust.

Yeah same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2402
@HAnwar how are you? :h:

Original post by Ayaz789
Hahahha yeah tango lmao :tongue: ahh okay :smile: well i have whatsapp for all my mates and family tbh:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

With whatsapp I use just mainly for friends as with relatives they are more into imo or Viber for some reason lol. My dad made me install wechat lmao and thinks it is best one and disses the others :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333

With whatsapp I use just mainly for friends as with relatives they are more into imo or Viber for some reason lol. My dad made me install wechat lmao and thinks it is best one and disses the others :lol:

Haha okay fair enough :lol: :h:
Reply 2404
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha okay fair enough :lol: :h:

Yep :biggrin::h:
Reply 2405
Regarding the information I have on Magnum ice cream...

Not too long ago, a friend of mine shared an email reply from Magnum to her question regarding which Unilever products are Halal.

Magnum's response is below. I've edited the full response so that only the requested information is below. I've cut out the paragraph about further queries.

----------------------------------------

Hello From Magnum,

Thank you for your recent comments to Magnum requesting information on which Unilever ice cream products are Halal.

The information which has been provided has been done so in good faith using the most up-to-date information. Please note that the information is subject to change due to recipe amendments and therefore ALWAYS check the product label for the most accurate information.

Unfortunately, none of Magnum's ice creams are certified as Halal. They contain both animal ingredients and also traces of alcohol.
Original post by FantasticMsFox

Not too long ago, a friend of mine shared an email reply from Magnum to her question regarding which Unilever products are Halal.

Magnum's response is below. I've edited the full response so that only the requested information is below. I've cut out the paragraph about further queries.

Hello From Magnum,

Thank you for your recent comments to Magnum requesting information on which Unilever ice cream products are Halal.

The information which has been provided has been done so in good faith using the most up-to-date information. Please note that the information is subject to change due to recipe amendments and therefore ALWAYS check the product label for the most accurate information.

Unfortunately, none of Magnum's ice creams are certified as Halal. They contain both animal ingredients and also traces of alcohol.

I have read some are Halal and some are Haram, and this information is from them too.

http://halalguideformuslims.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/unilever-walls-ice-cream-2014-full-list.html?m=1

As far as I am aware, it cannot be officially certified Halal due to trace quantities of Alcohol being used as a carrier in their ingredients, however I believe there is a difference of opinion whether trace amounts are Haram or not (which are so small I could argue normal fruits are Haram if this is Haram).

In general, I would advise caution with messages like these - often messages circulate around things like WhatsApp even when they are out of date or incorrect. Just last week for example, a brother forwarded a message about a motion for banning the Hijab in schools and how we need to petition against this; the news article was around 4 years old.

JazakAllahu Khairan and BarakAllahu feek for your intentions though :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333

I'll WhatsApp you after work...

Hello From Magnum,

I think that's only the Baileys one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2409
Original post by HAnwar
I'll WhatsApp you after work...

I think that's only the Baileys one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok hope you're fine :redface:
Original post by h333
Random but...am I the only one here who does not have/use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc? :redface:

As-salaamu alaykum.

No, you're not the only one. I don't have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. I'm not really a fan. I don't have much of a social life so there isn't much to share on social media. I guess Facebook can be useful, though, if someone's in a university society (ISoc, for example) and the society has a Facebook page. The person could get useful information and contact others if they need help or have questions.

:ninja: there are others :ninja:

Top quote, that :top:
"And it has already come down to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah [recited], they are denied [by them] and ridiculed; so do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation. Indeed, you would then be like them. Indeed Allah will gather the hypocrites and disbelievers in Hell all together"
[Quran 4:140]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Syria conflict: UN chief 'appalled' by Aleppo escalation - BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-37465010

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
Syria conflict: UN chief 'appalled' by Aleppo escalation - BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-37465010

Posted from TSR Mobile

UN is a joke. Its a masonic organisation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2414
Reply 2415
Reply 2416
Original post by Think People
UN is a joke.

Yep

Its a masonic organisation

Idk. Probs not. :nothing:

Posted from TSR Mobile
رضى الناس غاية لا تدرك -
Imam Shafee said: “pleasing people is an objective that can never be attained.”

A man said to al-Hasan al-Basri (rahimahullah):

‘The people sit around you so that they may find fault with you!’ So he said, ‘Indeed, I encouraged my soul to aspire for Paradise so it aspired for it. Then I encouraged it to aspire for salvation from Hellfire and so it aspired for it. Then I encouraged it to aspire for salvation from the people, but I didn’t find a way to that. Indeed the people were not pleased with their Creator although He provides for them, so how can they be pleased with another creation like themselves?’

Malik ibn Dinar: ‘Since I have known (the reality of) people, I have not taken delight in their praise nor have I hated their criticism.’ It was said to him, ‘Why is that?’ He said, ‘The one who praises from amongst them is excessive and the critic from amongst them exaggerates!’

‘Aisha (radhiallahu `anha) wrote to Mu’awiya (radhiallahu `anhu): ‘Salamun ‘alayk. Amma ba’d, I have heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) say, ‘Whoever gains the Pleasure of Allah by the anger of the people (i.e. thereby gains their anger), Allah suffices him of the people’s troubles. And whoever gains the pleasure of the people by the Anger of Allah (i.e. in the process he gains His Anger), then Allah leaves him to the people.’ Wa-Salaamu ‘alayk.’
Ziyaad ibn Kusaib al Adawiyy said: "I was with Aboo Bakrah beneath the minbar of Ibn Aamir. He was giving a speech and was wearing a fine garment. So Aboo Bilal said: "Look at our leader wearing the garment of the disobedient. Then Aboo Bakrah said:

"Be silent. I heard the Messenger of Allah say:

"Whoever demeans the ruler of Allah upon the earth, Allah will humiliate him."

[Sunan At Tirmidhi 2225]

Anas ibn Malik said:

"The senior amongst the companions of Allah's Messenger forbade us (by saying) : "Do not revile your Rulers, nor act dishonestly with them, nor hate them and have Taqwaa of Allah and be patient - for verily the matter is close (at hand)."

[As Sunnah of Ibn Abee Aasim 2/488 - It chain of narration is Jayyid (good) and all of the narrators are thiqat]

Iyaad ibn Ghunm reports that the messenger of Allah said:

"Whoever desires to advise the one with authority then he should not do so openly. Rather he should take him by the hand and take him into seclusion (and then advise him). And if he accepts from him (the advice) then (he has achieved his objective), and if not then he has fulfilled that which was a duty upon him

[Musnad Imam Ahmad 3/403 & Ibn Abee Aasim 2/521 with an authentic chain of narration. Sheikh Al Albani said it was Saheeh in Zilaalil Jannah fee takhreejis Sunnah 5/299]

Latest