The Student Room Group

Room mates keep leaving me out

Recently started uni and living on campus with 11 other people, out of which there are only 8 social ones (one of which is me). No matter how hard I try they always seem to leave me out and go out without me and even have a separate group chat which I am not included in and also talk about sending things in the group chat, thinking that I can't hear them. It is getting to the point where I can't stand living in this flat because they have formed their own group and do things without me and I have no idea as to what to do as I have tried to talk to them and join in with whatever they are doing, but I am just being ignored like right now they have all gone out and I have no idea where and they didn't even think to ask me
Reply 1
Original post by rubyamelia
Recently started uni and living on campus with 11 other people, out of which there are only 8 social ones (one of which is me). No matter how hard I try they always seem to leave me out and go out without me and even have a separate group chat which I am not included in and also talk about sending things in the group chat, thinking that I can't hear them. It is getting to the point where I can't stand living in this flat because they have formed their own group and do things without me and I have no idea as to what to do as I have tried to talk to them and join in with whatever they are doing, but I am just being ignored like right now they have all gone out and I have no idea where and they didn't even think to ask me

You could try moving halls and make some new friends instead? Try and move accomodation. That's my best advice.
Reply 2
If you're living with them you need to confront them.
Ask them to invite you into the whatsapp, send a message asking where they are etc.
Otherwise make friends elsewhere.

Hello :smile:,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having that experience, it's a real shame. You say you've tried to talk to them and join in with their things but, have you tried to plan things yourself and invite them to those and what not? You could always try that - just keep trying and see where it gets you.

At the same time; there is no rule that says you have to like and/or be friends with the people in your flat, sure, it's nice if you can but if not, no big deal. Make friends from societies and courses and see where that gets you.

Also, as someone else has mentioned, universities sometimes have unfilled rooms in halls and places, you could attempt to move to another flat?

Good luck! :biggrin:
I had a similar issue you could do what i did and join loads of societies, i ended up making some of my closest friends there :smile:
Reply 5
Thanks for all the replies, found out that they all think I am annoying and therefore left and I am currently in the library trying to figure out what to do
stop being annoying then
Reply 7
if you don't mesh with people then there's no point trying to force it.

join a club or sth =P

Quick Reply

Latest