The Student Room Group

I need advice

What do you think of people replacing there girlfriend/boufriend by getting into a new relationship? What is this called and why do they do this?
Normal lol. Or, if it's so soon after the break-up, and they haven't got over their ex but still get into a new relationship anyway, a rebound.
Reply 2
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Normal lol. Or, if it's so soon after the break-up, and they haven't got over their ex but still get into a new relationship anyway, a rebound.

Maybe I should have been more specific, I mean like really soon after the break up. Let's say 1/2 months, maybe less.
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe I should have been more specific, I mean like really soon after the break up. Let's say 1/2 months, maybe less.

It really depends on if you're over your ex, assuming this is referring to you. Everyone gets over things in their own time. But, for me, 1/2 months would be classed as a rebound.
Reply 4
It really depends on if you're over your ex, assuming this is referring to you. Everyone gets over things in their own time. But, for me, 1/2 months would be classed as a rebound.

I agree, this is referring to my ex boyfriend who jumped into a new relationship within that timeframe. We were together for like 3 years, just pisses me off lol.
I agree, this is referring to my ex boyfriend who jumped into a new relationship within that timeframe. We were together for like 3 years, just pisses me off lol.

Well, he must be an ex for a reason.:tongue:

I'm sure you'll find someone else anyway, but do it in your own time.
Reply 6
Well, he must be an ex for a reason.:tongue:

I'm sure you'll find someone else anyway, but do it in your own time.

I guess that's true, just sucks how he can move on so fast.

Thanks anyway :smile:

You really arent being that clear. Do you mean rebound relationships?

If so, then nothing. Its up to them. The only point I'd have is they shouldnt mislead the new person. Wrong to get into a relationship without being honest to the new person that you are over the previous relationship and that yiou arent just using them.
I guess that's true, just sucks how he can move on so fast.

Thanks anyway :smile:

Well, he may be doing it for the wrong reasons.

And, it's okay. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
You really arent being that clear. Do you mean rebound relationships?

If so, then nothing. Its up to them. The only point I'd have is they shouldnt mislead the new person. Wrong to get into a relationship without being honest to the new person that you are over the previous relationship and that yiou arent just using them.

I'm not sure if he's in a rebound relationship or what one is specifically, that's why I avoided to use that term.

Basically, me and my boyfriend broke up and within 1/2 months he's in a new relationship. I'm just upset I guess.
I'm not sure if he's in a rebound relationship or what one is specifically, that's why I avoided to use that term.

Basically, me and my boyfriend broke up and within 1/2 months he's in a new relationship. I'm just upset I guess.

OK that gives me something to work with.

Youve split, presumably you didnt want to?
You dont say ages or how long the relationship lasted?

The vast majority of relationships are going to end at some stage, thats just the nature of them. They can run their course as you find out it doesnt work for either or both of you. That is normal.

If you are worried he got into a new relationship? We cnat really know what his thoughts are about why he broke up with you. If you had good times, then it doesnt invalidate those, but at some stage he felt like he wanted to move on. You shouldnt want to keep him if he wasnt happy or if you werent happy becayse you wnat a relationship where it works for both of you.

No idea what your bf is thinking, he could have been read to split with you and he's ok about moving on quite quickly or i could be too early. Some people need to be in a rleationship or for some the opportunity just arises and they take it.
He might just as easily be in a rebound.

Best thing for you is just to cut contact with him and get on with your own life. In time it will hurt less and you will find someone else who wants to be with you and you want to be with them. Enjoy being single.

Worts thing you cna do is spend too much time thinking about the past. You need to move on. Things get bertter over time. It happens to everyone, so dont worry.
OK that gives me something to work with.

Youve split, presumably you didnt want to?
You dont say ages or how long the relationship lasted?

The vast majority of relationships are going to end at some stage, thats just the nature of them. They can run their course as you find out it doesnt work for either or both of you. That is normal.

If you are worried he got into a new relationship? We cnat really know what his thoughts are about why he broke up with you. If you had good times, then it doesnt invalidate those, but at some stage he felt like he wanted to move on. You shouldnt want to keep him if he wasnt happy or if you werent happy becayse you wnat a relationship where it works for both of you.

No idea what your bf is thinking, he could have been read to split with you and he's ok about moving on quite quickly or i could be too early. Some people need to be in a rleationship or for some the opportunity just arises and they take it.
He might just as easily be in a rebound.

Best thing for you is just to cut contact with him and get on with your own life. In time it will hurt less and you will find someone else who wants to be with you and you want to be with them. Enjoy being single.

Worts thing you cna do is spend too much time thinking about the past. You need to move on. Things get bertter over time. It happens to everyone, so dont worry.

Yeah, we split up because of his family.
I'm 21, he's 23 and we were together for 3 years.

I guess that's true, I need to move on ah well.
Yeah, we split up because of his family.
I'm 21, he's 23 and we were together for 3 years.

I guess that's true, I need to move on ah well.

It would be unrealistic for him never to get into a ew relationship. presumably you would wnat him to wait much longer to show how difficult he found breaking up?

I dont know why you split?
I dont know what he's like.
Nor how serious he is about the new one.

Waste of time worrying.
It would be unrealistic for him never to get into a ew relationship. presumably you would wnat him to wait much longer to show how difficult he found breaking up?

I dont know why you split?
I dont know what he's like.
Nor how serious he is about the new one.

Waste of time worrying.

I can understand that but him getting into a relationship that fast hurts.
I can understand that but him getting into a relationship that fast hurts.

Well thats just relationships. You don know if it will last or anything about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending