The Student Room Group

Road to A*A*A*A in A level

Doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and
Psychology.
Anyone else trying to get around about the same?

Scroll to see replies

doing bio chem and maths :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by alishba-rosex

Awesome, I was forced to do 4 a levels and not 3 :angry:

Same! Good luck xxx
Original post by pondsteps
Same! Good luck xxx

Good luck to you too xxx
Reply 5
Original post by alig877

PLEASE don't do 4 A Levels, unis honestly don't care make it easier for yourself. One of my friends (super super clever) did 4 A Levels and messed up one FM module and Imperial didn't accept him, had he done three he could have easily got into Cambridge. Don't underestimate the sheer amount of hard work for one extra A Level please!!!!
Original post by alig877

Aww poor you! I'm sure you can still achieve 4A*s though x
I'm studying law, history and sociology but good luck to you! I got a grade C in science at GCSE lmao
What are some of your revision tips?
Reply 9
Original post by JACCKYD
PLEASE don't do 4 A Levels, unis honestly don't care make it easier for yourself. One of my friends (super super clever) did 4 A Levels and messed up one FM module and Imperial didn't accept him, had he done three he could have easily got into Cambridge. Don't underestimate the sheer amount of hard work for one extra A Level please!!!!

If I do drop an a level, it will definitely e Psychology as that was the 4th a level I picked when I was forced into taking a fourth a level.
Reply 10
Original post by MiracleLeaf
What are some of your revision tips?

For revision, I go over a particular topic, make notes, read around the topic and make more notes, after that I do past paper questions related to the topic I am doing and whatever I get wrong and don't understand I go back and look over again until I get it, I never move on until I master a particular topic.
Reply 11
Original post by alig877
If I do drop an a level, it will definitely e Psychology as that was the 4th a level I picked when I was forced into taking a fourth a level.

Yeah do that man. Focus on the three and make sure they are A*'s, if you get three A*'s tell me and then my mind will be at rest. :smile:
Don't let your teachers force you, they are your A Levels remember; not theirs.
Reply 12
Aww poor you! I'm sure you can still achieve 4A*s though x

Thanks, good luck to you for your a levels!
Reply 13
Original post by JACCKYD
Yeah do that man. Focus on the three and make sure they are A*'s, if you get three A*'s tell me and then my mind will be at rest. :smile:
Don't let your teachers force you, they are your A Levels remember; not theirs.

I hardly ever get time to study for Psychology honestly, it's really not worth sacrificing my time for it, I could be studying more for my other 3 subjects.
Original post by alig877
Psychology.

Good luck!
From what I hear Biology is the most difficult of the subjects you're taking but don't assume maths will just a doddle.
(I did maths, further maths, physics and chemistry and got A*A*A*A(...Physics coursework...))
Don't worry about doing 4 subjects, from what I saw people taking 3 subjects weren't exactly using their extra time productively anyway.. .
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ryanzmw
Good luck!
From what I hear Biology is the most difficult of the subjects you're taking but don't assume maths will just a doddle.
(I did maths, further maths, physics and chemistry and got A*A*A*A(...Physics coursework...))
Don't worry about doing 4 subjects, from what I saw people taking 3 subjects weren't exactly using their extra time productively anyway.. .

I LOVE maths i dont know why soo much peopel hate it xD:h::u:
Original post by mayu123
I LOVE maths i dont know why soo much peopel hate it xD:h::u:

Yep it's my favourite subject. I'm going to study it at university
Original post by alig877
Psychology.

I'm doing chem, econ and maths and am aiming for A*A*A*! Best of luck!x:h:
Original post by Ryanzmw
Yep it's my favourite subject. I'm going to study it at university

what do you want to be when you older me Accountant :h:
Original post by sunshine774
I'm doing chem, econ and maths and am aiming for A*A*A*! Best of luck!x:h:

Good luck xD:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending