The Student Room Group

GCSE Exams- When to start revising and how long for?

Heyyyyyy

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on when to start revising for GCSEs and how long for each night?

My mocks are before Christmas so I was planning on revising/ looking at my mock results over the holidays and then seeing what I need to focus on the most and which is the top priority?

I was also wondering how long you recommened I revise each night? I don't want to burn myself out by doing too much too early but I also don't want to do too little too late and have a very stressful couple of weeks before exams start cramming innformation.

I am doing all the core subjects, triple science, german, geography, music and drama. I'm predicted A/A*'s in all of them which I know will be hard work but I'm willing to put the effort in.

Thank you to anyone who replies!
Id start revising now and going over work because gcse's are hard. Dont overload yourself but do a little at a time. That really helped me. Hope this helps 😆😆😆😆
Ps remember to take regular break and get some good sleep because you dont want to go to school half asleep😂😂😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Revise when the teacher tells you to start revising.
Actually, no. Don't leave everything for the last minute. Start now.
Original post by AmirahxRashid
Id start revising now and going over work because gcse's are hard. Dont overload yourself but do a little at a time. That really helped me. Hope this helps 😆😆😆😆
Ps remember to take regular break and get some good sleep because you dont want to go to school half asleep😂😂😂

Okay thankyouuu! Yeah I always put sleep at the bottom of my priotrity list which I really should stop!
Honestly, it depends on the person. Some subjects I spent months/weeks on, others I revised the night before and it turned out fine. Right now I wouldn't really recommend ''properly'' revising. I would make sure you understand everything when you go through it in class so that way you're not left a few weeks before the exam with a load of topics you have to teach yourself because you didn't understand it the first time. I would also say try and get your resources and notes made as soon as possible - it will save you a lot of hassle.

Going off tangent a little bit here, but have you ever used http://www.memrise.com/home/ for German? If you go on there and search your exam board you will find pretty much every word that could come up in your exam. It got me an A in French and an A* in Spanish last year :wink:
Seriously, now is too early. Don't stress over mocks, but you want to do about 2 hours a day in the lead up to real exams, and about 5 hours when its exam season. You probably want to start real revision in late April, that's what I did.
Original post by trabajadora
Honestly, it depends on the person. Some subjects I spent months/weeks on, others I revised the night before and it turned out fine. Right now I wouldn't really recommend ''properly'' revising. I would make sure you understand everything when you go through it in class so that way you're not left a few weeks before the exam with a load of topics you have to teach yourself because you didn't understand it the first time. I would also say try and get your resources and notes made as soon as possible - it will save you a lot of hassle.

Going off tangent a little bit here, but have you ever used http://www.memrise.com/home/ for German? If you go on there and search your exam board you will find pretty much every word that could come up in your exam. It got me an A in French and an A* in Spanish last year :wink:

Okay thank you! I do have quite a few science notes written up and no I haven't looked at that site but I definately will! It sounds amazing! Thankyou!
Original post by geminitwinsx
Okay thank you! I do have quite a few science notes written up and no I haven't looked at that site but I definately will! It sounds amazing! Thankyou!

You're welcome! Good luck with everything :smile:
Original post by geminitwinsx
Okay thankyouuu! Yeah I always put sleep at the bottom of my priotrity list which I really should stop!

Thats what i did and it did not help. Lol. I fell asleep in history 😂😂😂😂
Also try the website s-cool im pretty sure it gives you the whole module for year 10 and 11 for all ur subjects😄😄😄😄

Quick Reply

Latest