The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Original post by vincrows
Lol two conflicting opinions.
I've seen many young guys with jacket and trainees in smart restaurants in London, so hopefully it's ok.......as long as they're clean.......:tongue:

Trainers would be okay with that, a suit on the other hand... :tongue:
Original post by alow

Agreed. Not a good look:

Original post by alow

Lol you mean suit and trainers..

@physicsmaths go for it!! :biggrin:
Original post by jneill
Agreed. Not a good look:

Especially if you're fat and your jacket has flowery patterns and trainers are pink......
Especially if ... your jacket has flowery patterns and trainers are pink......

Poor @physicsmaths will have to hasten to M&S/John Lewis first thing tomorrow....
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1665
Especially if you're fat and your jacket has flowery patterns and trainers are pink......

I don't know why but for some reason Hugh Grant just looks the worst of the three to me. Maybe because it's kind of expected than Elton John would wear stuff like that.
Original post by alow
I don't know why but for some reason Hugh Grant just looks the worst of the three to me. Maybe because it's kind of expected than Elton John would wear stuff like that.

Clean dark grey trainers might be ok. Scruffy white... no...........

Almost as bad as brown in town.
Original post by alow

Original post by jneill
Clean dark grey trainers might be ok. Scruffy white... no...........

Almost as bad as brown in town.

He looks the least-planned, as if he overslept for,the appointment and put on anything he happened to grab in a haste......
Ok, got it guys.
I would wear jeans but all my trainers are kind of East londonish.
I don't really have 'casual shoes' or boots so I'm going to go with a suit with no tie and my suit shoes.
Banging lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Ok, got it guys.
I don't really have 'casual shoes' or boots so I'm going to go with a suit with no tie and my suit shoes.
Banging lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll be fine with that.
Enjoy the dinner! :smile:

DoS might like your east London trainers, tho..........:tongue:
Ok, got it guys.
Banging lads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now you just need to remember to use the outermost cutlery first for each course :wink:

LOL

imagine if he went with the elton john xD
Original post by EnglishMuon
LOL

imagine if he went with the elton john xD

Since 'smart casual' was requested, been wondering if DoS is taking them to a restaurant, rather than eating at college.
If it's Alimentum (a Michelin star restaurant, very close to Homerton, EXTREMELY good value set menu for lunch/early dinner), Elton John won't be there because colour of their wall clashes with his pink trainers...........
(edited 7 years ago)
Since 'smart casual' was requested, been wondering if DoS is taking them to a restaurant, rather than eating at college.
If it's Alimentum (a Michelin star restaurant, very close to Homerton, EXTREMELY good value set menu for lunch/early dinner), Elton John won't be there because colour of their wall clashes with his pink trainers...........

oh wow, sounds like quite a few michelin star chefs in cambridge then!
Original post by EnglishMuon
oh wow, sounds like quite a few michelin star chefs in cambridge then!

The owner-chef of Alimentum used to work at Midsummer House (2 star. THE BEST in Cambridge). One of my favourite restaurants in Cambridge.
Thoroughly recommend it, esp their set menu is incredible value for the quality of cooking. :smile:

Na it is at Gonville Caius for some reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Na it is at Gonville Caius for some reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dinner at Caius? ........Commisration. :tongue:
Maybe all mathmos freshers gather to eat together?

Anyway, enjoy the first week at Cambridge.....and the following 3/4 yrs, too. :smile:
Dinner at Caius? ........Commisration. :tongue:
Maybe all mathmos freshers gather to eat together?

Anyway, enjoy the first week at Cambridge.....and the following 3/4 yrs, too. :smile:

Yep i think that is the case it seems :smile:
I hope I do haha!
Finally arriving (today).
What if it is **** lmao. Haha that would be funny thougj.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi wandered if many people were bothering to do many of the nrich tasks at the end of the maths booklet. Not finding any of them very interesting or helpful??? thanks
Original post by josephinemar25
hi wandered if many people were bothering to do many of the nrich tasks at the end of the maths booklet. Not finding any of them very interesting or helpful??? thanks

Are you a mathmo? I don't think many of us are even bothering to do the booklet, let alone the nrich tasks at the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending