The Student Room Group

i need a job!!!!!!!!!!

me and my friends are goin on holiday next year and i need to save up to pay for myself but i cant find a job that will pay enough. im 13 almost 14
People who send newspapers to your house(paperboy or girl) generally hire people who are 13 or 14. But the bad thing about it is the pay is ****. ****ing £3 an hour like my mum gives me more money for my lunch than an hours' work.

Btw, how are you possibly aloud to go on holiday when you are 13? I couldn't even go to the high street alone when I was 13 let alone go on holiday with a friend.
Reply 2
Can't you ask your parents to pay for you? A decent holiday is at least a few hundred quid or even a grand. Hard to think someone of your age would earn that much in the next few months.

Original post by Defraction
People who send newspapers to your house(paperboy or girl) generally hire people who are 13 or 14. But the bad thing about it is the pay is ****. ****ing £3 an hour like my mum gives me more money for my lunch than an hours' work.

Btw, how are you possibly aloud to go on holiday when you are 13? I couldn't even go to the high street alone when I was 13 let alone go on holiday with a friend.

Maybe they're going to Clacton-on-Sea? Even then it is pretty young to go alone...
Wow.

I'm 19 and can't stay out till late. :colonhash:

For your age I think jobs like paper delivery, flyer delivery, washing cars, gardening. Mostly it's errands for your family/friends/neighbours.
Maybe they're going to Clacton-on-Sea? Even then it is pretty young to go alone...

Don't worry in like 10 years time, 7 year olds will be meeting up in the high street and chill there.

Where the **** is Clacton-on-Sea? Sorry, I haven't been anywhere outside London.
Original post by teenager14
me and my friends are goin on holiday next year and i need to save up to pay for myself but i cant find a job that will pay enough. im 13 almost 14

It'll be very hard for you to get a job that pays well, as you aren't even 16.
You're going to really struggle finding a job as 99% of places won't hire under 16s, 15 at a push..

btw..Good luck finding a hotel/hostel that'll take you alone..
Original post by Jackieox
You're going to really struggle finding a job as 99% of places won't hire under 16s, 15 at a push..

btw..Good luck finding a hotel/hostel that'll take you alone..

I agree.
The only thing really is a paper round.
Either that or doing thingslike babysitting, gardening, dog walking etc for people.
Your best bet is a paper round, but these don't bring in a lot of money at all and can be really quite hard work depending on your route. I got £5 every Sunday morning. There's so many laws that you won't be able to work many hours at all, and they have to be between certain times. There's also a restriction to the kind of jobs you can do. Most places won't take you on because they want older, more experienced, and more mature employees. You'll also need a work permit, I believe
(edited 7 years ago)

In the streets, you will see green privet bushes that need to be trimmed with a pair of shears. The owners may be disabled and unable to do this job themselves but may be happy to pay a boy or girl £10 to do it for them. Don't forget to say please and thank-you.
me and my friends are going on holiday next year and I need to save up to pay for myself but I cant find a job that will pay enough. I'm 13 almost 14

I think everyone else has questioned whole age bit but your best bet is to find something cheap, bulk buy it and just sell at every opportunity
I did that with hong kong silver chains and just worked from there now I have a chauffeured mercades, looking to buy my apartment, 3 watches and a lot of jewellery pieces
that took 7 years in total but actually 18 months to really amass the big money
you and your friends are going on holiday at the age of 14? lucky you for having such laid back parents

can't you ask them (your parents) to loan you the money or are they the ones telling you that you have to raise it yourself? you could make a deal with them, say if you give me the money i promise to work it off at home when i get back

if the worst comes to the worst and you can't go on this holiday, don't make a big deal out of it. you've got the rest of your life to enjoy endless holidays with your friends ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending