The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Naruke
Thoughts? The questions set in past papers don't test problem solving skills one bit. I don't understand why A-level maths has to be dumbed down so much, it's unfair on those who have a brain and want to use it!

That is subjective. Obviously from what you say it is clear that you are much worse at essay subjects as opposed to numerical ones.
Original post by Naruke
Thoughts? The questions set in past papers don't test problem solving skills one bit. I don't understand why A-level maths has to be dumbed down so much, it's unfair on those who have a brain and want to use it!

If it's so easy for you, then why don't you do further maths or study it at home alongside your maths A-level and get over it.

What seems easy to you could be hard to a lot more people.

Oh, and have you even done every other A-level? No, then how would you know it's easier than all of them?

Clearly this has to be a joke, the question is posed as the same as another one, except the word "easier" is swapped with "harder".
Original post by notnek
That is subjective. Obviously from what you say it is clear that you are much worse at essay subjects as opposed to numerical ones.

Oi! :colonhash:
Original post by Naruke

What exam board did you do?

And this of course is a subjective thing. Most people would say Maths is the hardest A level along with Chemistry and Physics.
I think thats why we have futher maths for a reason.

(personally i'm finding it really hard cuz I get bored studying it)
Reply 6
Original post by Kiritsugu
If it's so easy for you, then why don't you do further maths or study it at home alongside your maths A-level and get over it.

What seems easy to you could be hard to a lot more people.

Oh, and have you even done every other A-level? No, then how would you know it's easier than all of them?

Clearly this has to be a joke, the question is posed as the same as another one, except the word "easier" is swapped with "harder".

I do study Further maths :wink:

There was a case on the news in which a 7 year old managed an A* in A level maths and there have been many others similar to this.

I study 5 A levels currently and may do 6

Not a joke
If only the title of this thread was true for everyone!! :frown:

I'm sure everyone on TSR knows just how much I struggle to understand Maths!! :colondollar:
Original post by Naruke

There was a case on the news in which a 7 year old managed an A* in A level maths and there have been many others similar to this.

Not a joke

He was trying to imply if you find maths easy try f.maths.

You just had to say that you already do, you instead gave the typical tsr reply i would expect from a pretentious loser.
Reply 9
Original post by whydoidothis?
He was trying to imply if you find maths easy try f.maths.

You just had to say that you already do, you instead gave the typical tsr reply i would expect from a pretentious loser.

lololololol

did I hurt your feelings
Original post by Naruke

Not a joke

Did you know there was a case where some guy did two phds simultaneously. The level of emotional and physical stuff would be draining.

If a 7 year old managed to get the A* in A-level maths, then all power to him/her. Either they had early math development at a young age, shifting their brain to think in a certain way or born that way, or they're a 'child genius' or some other unusual quality.

I would never do 6 A-levels - are you pathologically obsessed with study? It doesn't necessarily make you look better in the eyes of universities.
Original post by Naruke
lololololol

did I hurt your feelings

I'm a university student now so A levels don't bother me kiddo.
So people like you can come on TSR and brag about how easy it is to cause false consciousness for coming AS/A Level students.
I feel like this is a parody of my post, i literally posted this same thing with 'harder' instead of easier. :biggrin:
Reply 14

If a 7 year old managed to get the A* in A-level maths, then all power to him/her. Either they had early math development at a young age, shifting their brain to think in a certain way or born that way, or they're a 'child genius' or some other unusual quality.

Have you considered the fact that it may be ridiculously easy?

I would never do 6 A-levels - are you pathologically obsessed with study? It doesn't necessarily make you look better in the eyes of universities.

Well, maths and further maths cannot be considered A-levels due to how easy both of them are. You could just say I take 4 A-levels which is the norm for brits.
Reply 15
Original post by undercxver
So people like you can come on TSR and brag about how easy it is to cause false consciousness for coming AS/A Level students.

Not bragging, it was just a question. Hence the question mark in the title
Original post by Naruke
Not bragging, it was just a question. Hence the question mark in the title

your really stupid you.
Reply 17
Original post by whydoidothis?
your really stupid you.

I'm stupid because I find A-level maths ridiculously easy?
Then do STEP.
Original post by Naruke
Have you considered the fact that it may be ridiculously easy?

Well, maths and further maths cannot be considered A-levels due to how easy both of them are. You could just say I take 4 A-levels which is the norm for brits.

Just wondering, do you have parents that helped you/Still help you with Maths?

You could be naturally good at maths? Have you ever considered this possibility?

This topic is 100% subjective, maths out of all subjects is considered difficult by most people. So if you talk to most people they would probably be afraid of doing A level maths or have done it and might have done well but still found it difficult to learn and master.

It's just some are naturally good at maths which is a common occurrence compared to other subjects. Some people might have amazing teachers/ other help which could be the key reason that they are good at maths now.

Latest