The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks there's less opportunities compared to previous years. looks like i might have to apply for summer internships again and hope for the best and a fulltime offer :s-smilie::frown:
Original post by tunza1
glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks there's less opportunities compared to previous years. looks like i might have to apply for summer internships again and hope for the best and a fulltime offer :s-smilie::frown:

what did you do last summer?

why do you think you didn't recieve an offer?
I needed some opinions, I made a minor mistake in one of my cover letters- wrote British airways instead of British Airways (A capital).

Will this be a deal breaker or is it minute enough ?
issue has got me stressed
Original post by self_help_jj
I needed some opinions, I made a minor mistake in one of my cover letters- wrote British airways instead of British Airways (A capital).

You're overthinking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Given they spend so little time on these and will be half asleep, highly likely they will not notice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 485
Thanks for this
When did you finish your tests ? It has been a month for me now
I cannot help but think this is a bad sign as I thought they recruit on a rolling basis

Around a week ago, still yet to hear back also. I was talking to someone on here earlier who heard back from Morgan Stanley a month after applying so don't give up hope!
Guys any update from gs sec? App is still received or under review ? Any interviews so far?
Anyone know if you can apply Nomura's summer internship programme if you have graduated this year?
Reply 488
Original post by panda12
Anyone know if you can apply Nomura's summer internship programme if you have graduated this year?

^ also interested, can't find anything specific on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tarmangue
Yes. 18q - 25 min

Was this for the Project Consulting and Business Intelligence (PCBI) Graduate Program or another Graduate Program?

I am asking this because I received an invite to complete the test for the UBS's PCBI program yesterday and in the invite email it says "Estimated completion time 45 Minutes", yet the practice SHL online assessment which is provided in the link given in the email is 18 questions and 25 minutes?

So I am a bit confused regarding this.

Was 18 questions 25 minutes for practice test or the real test or both?

Did your invitation email also say "Estimated completion time 45 minutes"?

Also, are the questions in the practice test generally similar to those in the real test?

Thanks in advance
Original post by midnight999
Was this for the Project Consulting and Business Intelligence (PCBI) Graduate Program or another Graduate Program?

I am asking this because I received an invite to complete the test for the UBS's PCBI program yesterday and in the invite email it says "Estimated completion time 45 Minutes", yet the practice SHL online assessment which is provided in the link given in the email is 18 questions and 25 minutes?

So I am a bit confused regarding this.

Was 18 questions 25 minutes for practice test or the real test or both?

Did your invitation email also say "Estimated completion time 45 minutes"?

Also, are the questions in the practice test generally similar to those in the real test?

Thanks in advance

They say allow 45 mins because they include 25 mins for doing the test, plus the practice questions before the real test and to read all the instructions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
They say allow 45 mins because they include 25 mins for doing the test, plus the practice questions before the real test and to read all the instructions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for letting me know

Did you happen to take the practice SHL online assessment which is provided in the link given in the invite email?

If you did, I wanted to ask whether the questions in that practice test are generally similar to those in the real test?
Thanks for letting me know

Did you happen to take the practice SHL online assessment which is provided in the link given in the invite email?

If you did, I wanted to ask whether the questions in that practice test are generally similar to those in the real test?

Similar format, yes. You might find the actual test slightly more difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Similar format, yes. You might find the actual test slightly more difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right well I found practice test quite difficult.
Reply 494
Oh right well I found practice test quite difficult.

Haha well then you my friend are in for a real treat!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lay-Z
I applied for literally every IB, havent heard back from most. Couple of rejections, most of the tests are ok but I have little experience

Which ones have you heard back from ?
Reply 496
Original post by Lay-Z
I applied for literally every IB, havent heard back from most. Couple of rejections, most of the tests are ok but I have little experience

Last year I applied In Sep-Oct, heard back from end of October to end of December, even some rejections in January, February. So be patient, a quick reply is a good sign but if you don't hear back immediately it doesn't mean you are out of the race.
Has anyone sat Nomura's logical and can advise on the difficulty?

The numerical went really well, so would hate to flop due to shapes, any practice sites would also be fab! :smile:
Original post by Lay-Z
commerzbank, but i dont speak german so was hit & miss.
RBC i forgot about and missed the test deadline :/

Did you apply to Deutsche by any chance ?
Has anyone sat the BNP tests? How did you find them?

I just finished the first one, and it was ridiculous. 37 questions in 12 minutes. Surely they can't expect people to get through all of that to an accurate standard?*

Quick Reply

Latest