The Student Room Group

Jeremy Corbyn is an angel

He has defied the odds and shown himself to be a true, natural leader. He is an angel with a desire to help the most vulnerable in our society.

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't call an Antisemtic IRA supporting terrorist sympathiser career politician an angel.

I'm guessing as you believe he is you also are Antisemtic and an IRA supporter and you also sympathise with terrorists?

Jeremy Corbyn does - FACT

Do you also believe the killing of Osama Bin Laden was a "tragedy", as Corbyn does ?
(edited 7 years ago)
He's an angel to anyone who wants Conservative government, that's for sure.
He's unelectable.
:yy:
I think he's done well in showing staying power, the fact he didn't just go 'oh some of you don't want me here... I better skulk off then' is admirable. He stuck to his principles and his metaphorical guns, also admirable. He's doing it for the right reasons even if he seems like he's ****ing **** up half the time... Hopefully if the rest of the Labour Party except that they need to unite now , they can finally get on with being the good opposition they are, TO BE CONTINUED...
Angel though... I'd go as far as to say that might be troll talk
Original post by the bear

O.O mummmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy
:angel::angelwings:
interesting.........
Original post by MeYou2Night
I wouldn't call an Antisemtic IRA supporting terrorist sympathiser career politician an angel.

I'm guessing as you believe he is you also are Antisemtic and an IRA supporter and you also sympathise with terrorists?

Jeremy Corbyn does - FACT

Do you also believe the killing of Osama Bin Laden was a "tragedy", as Corbyn does ?

What sort of career politician states that they are republican and wants Ireland to be independent? Out of all the politicians Jeremy Corbyn is probably one of the last I would label as career politician he has only been put in the spotlight after all these years of sticking to his beliefs and being an outsider. If he is "Career politician" then he is the dumbest and luckiest one around.

He doesn't support terrorism, he wants peace through dialogue which means treating everyone with respect. I will give you this though his belief that Ireland should unite is controversial like his opinion about the royal family.

The Osama Bin Laden thing is taken completely out of context he implied the whole Iraq situation and the way the west responded to it was a tragedy (most people agree) he said he should have been put on trial and then dealt with. This along with any similar claims he is a security threat either by being a terrorist sympathizer and/or pacifist is just a blatant attempt to smear him.

Antisemtic? Any evidence to back that up buddy? Like seriously all you people that don't like him for these reasons are being played, If you're going to hate him at least hate him for legitimate reasons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Scottish Person
What sort of career politician states that they are republican and wants Ireland to be independent? Out of all the politicians Jeremy Corbyn is probably one of the last I would label as career politician he has only been put in the spotlight after all these years of sticking to his beliefs and being an outsider. If he is "Career politician" then he is the dumbest and luckiest one around.

He doesn't support terrorism, he wants peace through dialogue which means treating everyone with respect. I will give you this though his belief that Ireland should unite is controversial like his opinion about the royal family.

The Osama Bin Laden thing is taken completely out of context he implied the whole Iraq situation and the way the west responded to it was a tragedy (most people agree) he said he should have been put on trial and then dealt with. This along with any similar claims he is a security threat either by being a terrorist sympathizer and/or pacifist is just a blatant attempt to smear him.

Antisemtic? Any evidence to back that up buddy? Like seriously all you people that don't like him for these reasons are being played, If your going to hate him at least hate him for legitimate reasons.

When you're in one of the safest seats around and a back bench nobody you can say what you want. Look at that Birmingham MP who sl*gged off the people of her own city in order to downplay the events in Cologne for example.

And yeah, you and the Stop The War Coalition can "respect" terrorists who habitually kill and maim civilians so that they can use fear as a leverage tactic but the rest of us will say that respect is earned.

As for antisemitism thing, hardly anybody says the man himself is antisemitic. The complaint is that he has a long, consistent and extensive history of unashamedly promoting, befriending, brown nosing, praising and backing the most vicious of antisemites for the furthering of his own agenda. Nobody seriously denies that this is the case. The argument is about whether this is excusable or not.
(edited 7 years ago)

Antisemtic? Any evidence to back that up buddy? Like seriously all you people that don't like him for these reasons are being played, If your going to hate him at least hate him for legitimate reasons.

Obsviously you don't know much about politics or are new to it. Jeremy Corbyn has been an MP since his twenties, he's now in his sixties. Therefore he is a career politician. What else would you call that?

Hhe sympathise with terrorists, as he wants to be friends with Hamas and Al Qaeda. He did support the IRA, and associates himself with people who did on a greater scale. John McDonnell for example.

He still thought Bin Laden being killed was a tradegy. I don't actually care about the "reasoning". I'm putting the life's of the thousands and thousands of people's deaths he is responsible for first. You, Corbyn and his cronies are putting Bin Laden's life first. That disgusts me and it will disgust any decent person.

He is Antisemtic. He has continuously failed to sort the problem out within the Labour Party and you only have to look through his history to realise he is, whether he's openly stated it or not. He has continuously associated himself with very Antisemtic groups.

The problem with people like you and other Corbyn supporters is that he of idolise him so much, that any criticism of him is "a smear", "a lie" or "you must be a Tory!". You're part of a cult, so it's actually pointless debating with you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Iridocyclitis
He has defied the odds and shown himself to be a true, natural leader. He is an angel with a desire to help the most vulnerable in our society.

since jeremy corbyn is the leader again of labour is it still true that he will abolish university fees
"An angel" :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by KimKallstrom

And yeah, you and the Stop The War Coalition can "respect" terrorists who habitually kill and maim civilians so that they can use fear as a leverage tactic but the rest of us will say that respect is earned.

I can't argue with the points you have made, Jeremy isn't perfect and I personally hate the way he handles things at times such as traingate as well as some of his stances. I just wanted to stick up for Jeremy as few other people seem to be (I know he has many supporters but they only start trollbait threads like this then disappear). I'm not a Corbynite, I just hate bias towards people that I see as unjustified.
Respect was poor word choice on my part, I don't respect terrorists but I believe peace talks work best when you don't openly treat them like enemies. I personally am happy the troubles in Ireland are over for the time being.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MeYou2Night
Obsviously you don't know much about politics or are new to it. Jeremy Corbyn has been an MP since his twenties, he's now in his sixties. Therefore he is a career politician. What else would you call that?

Hhe sympathise with terrorists, as he wants to be friends with Hamas and Al Qaeda. He did support the IRA, and associates himself with people who did on a greater scale. John McDonnell for example.

He still thought Bin Laden being killed was a tradegy. I don't actually care about the "reasoning". I'm putting the life's of the thousands and thousands of people's deaths he is responsible for first. You, Corbyn and his cronies are putting Bin Laden's life first. That disgusts me and it will disgust any decent person.

He is Antisemtic. He has continuously failed to sort the problem out within the Labour Party and you only have to look through his history to realise he is, whether he's openly stated it or not. He has continuously associated himself with very Antisemtic groups.

The problem with people like you and other Corbyn supporters is that he of idolise him so much, that any criticism of him is "a smear", "a lie" or "you must be a Tory!". You're part of a cult, so it's actually pointless debating with you.

Usually when I've heard the term career politician it implies they have no strong ideology and only got into politics to further their own career. If that's not the case then why is being a career politician a bad thing.

Diplomacy isn't the same as accepting and promoting everything someone does, when Gorbachev talked to Reagan it started the end of the cold war it meant putting disagreements aside and nobody will claim Reagan was a communist sympathizer.

In what way am I putting Bin Laden first? I'm glad he is dead, I was just explaining Jeremy's reasoning behind it. Putting it the way you have makes it sound like he openly supports terrorism which isn't exactly true.

I don't idolize him, this isn't my thread I just don't get why he has so much hate in particular when most other politicians In my opinion seem worse, his worse flaw is he is too idealistic at least he is honest most of the time.
Reply 17
Usually when I've heard the term career politician it implies they have no strong ideology and only got into politics to further their own career. If that's not the case then why is being a career politician a bad thing.

Diplomacy isn't the same as accepting and promoting everything someone does, when Gorbachev talked to Reagan it started the end of the cold war it meant putting disagreements aside and nobody will claim Reagan was a communist sympathizer.

In what way am I putting Bin Laden first? I'm glad he is dead, I was just explaining Jeremy's reasoning behind it. Putting it the way you have makes it sound like he openly supports terrorism which isn't exactly true.

I don't idolize him, this isn't my thread I just don't get why he has so much hate in particular when most other politicians In my opinion seem worse, his worse flaw is he is too idealistic at least he is honest most of the time.
An honest man who has just accidentally picked up a bunch of dodgy associates along the way. Your admiration for him is misplaced for the reasons other have given.
Jeremy Corbyn is not bad. He is much better than Owen Smith but he isnt on Nigel Farage's level. Nigel also had the desire to help the most vulnerable in our society. He wanted us to stop funding EU, save our membership money and spend it on our own vulnerable instead. Nigel wasnt a career politician either. Diane James has also got alot of good work to show in the coming years.
(edited 7 years ago)
Did you guys see in the news today that John McDonnell stood by comments he previously made that Esther McVey should be lynched? A kinder, gentler politics...........

Quick Reply

Latest