The Student Room Group

To people who believe in God, could you answer my questions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iThrow
okay so how come the devil and the other things u mentioned (i'll be honest I skim-read your nonsense) are so powerful? bit of a rubbish god surely to create a devil alongside you with magical powers?

i mean what's his problem? why create an evil devil with magical powers but none for the humans?

?

My bad I should have quoted the only bit relevant on answering your question, I think you confused your self by skim reading.

"that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew. "This is the relevant bit.
Original post by iThrow
but if he's an omniscient god he already knows your decisions and choices. if he doesn't then how can he be all-knowing? is it like he writes down what you're gonna do and then be like "nah i'm not gonna look till they get here and i punish them!"

same as above, surely he'd already know.

how can his knowledge be absolute and infinite if he doesn't know beforehand which of his creations will break his arbitrary and hilarious rules?

he sent us to a world? so we existed somewhere and then he says "nope! earth time!" all the while examining us even though with his infinite knowledge he knows what happens.. lol k

sounds like waffle to me.

The last point made answers your concerns but you dismissed it by calling it a waffle k-_-.

5. In summary, our test is for us to provide our own evidence as to where we belong, not for Allaah SWT.

Edit:-

Sorry, I re-read your stuff, your arguments don't make sense nor refute any of the points I made.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by honey55497
so much evidence in the quran saying god exisits all the scientific examples which are said to be 100 percent correct in todays centery and this was said 15oo years ago where they did not have technology and when the message was sent to the propeht through revelation

lmao please provide me with just one example of this because i have a feeling you're completely incorrect. just one
Reply 23
Original post by Kraixo
The last point made answers your concerns but you dismissed it by calling it a waffle k-_-.

5. In summary, our test is for us to provide our own evidence as to where we belong, not for Allaah SWT.

it's waffle because it means absolutely nothing. "our test is to provide our own evidence where we belong not allah?" ??????

cool even though you dont decide where you belong your supposed allah god does -- and he knew the choices you'd make all along anyway, he just wanted to watch.
Original post by iThrow
okay so how come the devil and the other things u mentioned (i'll be honest I skim-read your nonsense) are so powerful? bit of a rubbish god surely to create a devil alongside you with magical powers?

i mean what's his problem? why create an evil devil with magical powers but none for the humans?

He didn't "create" a devil, Lucifer was an angel that turned against God and was therfore cast out of Heaven. Although to my knowledge the Bible doesn't exactly say why he created him , the fact that he turned into a devil was as a result of his own actions(free will); he became filled with pride, thought he could overthrow God and faced the consequences.
“How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star.(Lucifer) You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God'” (Isaiah 14:12-13).
To put it simply, God didn't neccasarily "give" the devil magical powers, but the devil, like anyone of us, can decieve and corrupt people (i.e the serpent in the Garden of Eden).
1) Christianity

2) Maybe. I'm not completely sure and I guess it's one of those things where you never can be.

3) I don't know how else to describe it than as this amazing peace and joy just surrounding you.

4) I don't know. I hope so. I know there is some profound truth to the message of Christianity but I don't know how concrete it is, if that makes sense. I don't think there's an "old bearded guy sitting on top of a cloud", but I don't think it's all purely metaphorical either. If there is such a person as god, I don't think I will ever meet him as me being the me I've grown used to while living on earth.
Reply 26
Original post by BChemGee
He didn't "create" a devil, Lucifer was an angel that turned against God and was therfore cast out of Heaven. Although to my knowledge the Bible doesn't exactly say why he created him , the fact that he turned into a devil was as a result of his own actions(free will); he became filled with pride, thought he could overthrow God and faced the consequences.
“How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star.(Lucifer) You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God'” (Isaiah 14:12-13).
To put it simply, God didn't neccasarily "give" the devil magical powers, but the devil, like anyone of us, can decieve and corrupt people (i.e the serpent in the Garden of Eden).

lmao so why cant he take the powers away from this rebellious angel-turned-devil and why didn't he know from the get-go that lucifer was gonna be the devil from the start? also why did he create angels anyway? it's not like they ever do anything or are involved in anything at all or even have any say in what goes on. Do you possess any critical-thinking skills at all?
Christian
Yes I guess, when I heard the Gospel for the first time it was so powerful unlike anything I've ever ears before. I guess some Christians would interpret that as the Holy Spirit moving me.
Yes
Reply 28
Original post by Trapz99
Christian
Yes I guess, when I heard the Gospel for the first time it was so powerful unlike anything I've ever ears before. I guess some Christians would interpret that as the Holy Spirit moving me.
Yes

yeah much more likely it's a god and not just that you're emotionally unstable. gotta protect that ego
Reply 29
Original post by Kraixo

Sorry, I re-read your stuff, your arguments don't make sense nor refute any of the points I made.

actually they completely did. right now in my head i picture you about as delusional as a fat person guzzling down a diet soda while high-fiving people about the healthy soda choice they just made
Original post by FightToWin
1.) Christian (CoE)

2.) Yes and no

3.) Although I haven't like died and seen heaven and come back or anything, I do feel like I'm on a certain path which is pre-determined and everything that's happened up to this point has been for a reason. Bad things have happened in my life but after a while you can't imagine living life without said thing happening. Like you saw my post about my car crash.. Before I went to work that night I was suffering a back problem and I could have called in sick but I didn't, then I wrote off my car that night. If I hadn't gone to work I could still have my car with me now and not have to cycle to work in the pitch black, but I just can't imagine driving to work and getting there that easily. I've been fired from my old job because I swapped shifts with someone and that swapped shift something happened and it cost me my job, but I can't imagine still being there to this day, loving every minute of the job like I did and thinking how easily I'd got to a point in my life where I was truly happy. Yes I could just be incredibly unlucky, but something is just telling me everything that's happened was meant to happen.

I have huge ambitions but right now, I'm not mentally prepared to go and achieve what I want to achieve. I'm a socially awkward, unconfident coward who weighs about 8 stone and no one wants to be with. But you know what, I wouldn't change a single thing about myself. If I was some attractive, confident person who was talented at everything they did and everyone looked up to, it would be too easy to achieve my ambitions, it would be a gift and not something to work towards. I can overcome the person I am at the moment and then everything will be such a bigger achievement than being someone who was born the person I want to be. And I believe that that is a gift from God.

4.) Yes.

Spoiler

What..? Quote me in the bible where it says magic happened.

@TheonlyMrsHolmes Can I ask you a completely non-related question?

Yes, of course you may ask me.

I saw that picture, you said you managed to escape without a scratch and honestly, that was A LOT of wreckage done to your car. Even I would believe something was protecting me. Honestly, your car was ridiculously smashed up and to escape that without being hurt. It's incredible.

I understand what you mean, I've been a believer in "everything happens for a reason" for a couple of years now, like when I missed out on the chance to go to this great 6th form near me, and some of my friend were able to go and at the time it made me feel so very hopeless, now looking back I can see why I would have been better off where I went. I grew as a person going to the 6th form that I ended up at, I became more confident and independent and I doubt that would've happened if I went where I wanted to go.

So many things in my life have worked out like that, I would love to believe it's the work of some angels looking down at me:h:

But when really hurtful things pop up in my life, and others, I wreck my brain thinking of a reason as to why this may have good in it. I'm sort of in that place atm. :s-smilie: Too much thinking XD

And thank you for your response.
Original post by iThrow
lmao so why cant he take the powers away from this rebellious angel-turned-devil and why didn't he know from the get-go that lucifer was gonna be the devil from the start? also why did he create angels anyway? it's not like they ever do anything or are involved in anything at all or even have any say in what goes on. Do you possess any critical-thinking skills at all?

The bIble does not say exactly why God created angels, simply because God created them before earth was ceated, and in a way before time was created.

In Revalation 20:10 it shows that God does intend to deal with Satan, "
10 and the devil lwho had deceived them was mthrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where nthe beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever"
When this may happen, I don't know, nobody really knows when the end of the world will come but God.

Satan's power is to decieve and lead others to sin, to evil, taking away Satan's power would be like taking away evil and evil exists as a balance for good. This is why God gives us free will so that we have a choice to choose between evil and good.
If you want to talk about people not possessing critical thinking skills then why do you not think for yourself?
Why else would Satan exist?
Why else would evil exist?
Why do you feel the need to ridicule others for their beliefs whilst not actually looking for answers of your own in more informative sources like christian apologetic books etc.?
Why do you feel the need to use text speak whilst not actually texting?
Original post by iThrow
but if he's an omniscient god he already knows your decisions and choices. if he doesn't then how can he be all-knowing? is it like he writes down what you're gonna do and then be like "nah i'm not gonna look till they get here and i punish them!"

same as above, surely he'd already know.

how can his knowledge be absolute and infinite if he doesn't know beforehand which of his creations will break his arbitrary and hilarious rules?

he sent us to a world? so we existed somewhere and then he says "nope! earth time!" all the while examining us even though with his infinite knowledge he knows what happens.. lol k

sounds like waffle to me.

I said be respectful, for gods sake. Why is that so difficult to understand?
Reply 33
The bIble does not say exactly why God created angels, simply because God created them before earth was ceated, and in a way before time was created.

yeah usually cults brush over the hard-to-explain bits. if that means to you "LOL MUST BE TRUE!" then you're probably too far gone to be helped without serious cult deprogramming (available if you want to start a GoFundMe or so -- it isn't cheap)

In Revalation 20:10 it shows that God does intend to deal with Satan, "
10 and the devil lwho had deceived them was mthrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where nthe beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever"
When this may happen, I don't know, nobody really knows when the end of the world will come but God.

yeah quoting the bible in order to try prove your point holds no water with me. if that's allowed then i'm allowed to write my own holy book to prove my own points -- it would probably be more logical than your current holy book.

Satan's power is to decieve and lead others to sin, to evil, taking away Satan's power would be like taking away evil and evil exists as a balance for good. This is why God gives us free will so that we have a choice to choose between evil and good.
If you want to talk about people not possessing critical thinking skills then why do you not think for yourself?
Why else would Satan exist?
Why else would evil exist?
Why do you feel the need to ridicule others for their beliefs whilst not actually looking for answers of your own in more informative sources like christian apologetic books etc.?
Why do you feel the need to use text speak whilst not actually texting?

why does your ridiculous god allow this deceiving devil to convince people of stuff? why is your god so impotent that this silly devil of yours is able to convince people away from your god? is your god just bad at debating him or so and thus people end up believing the devil? how come the devil has so much spare time to confuse humans but your god is too busy?
Reply 34
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I said be respectful, for gods sake. Why is that so difficult to understand?

respectful is subjective. i'm being respectful in my eyes. sorry you disagree.
Yes, of course you may ask me.

Does it annoy you that your username is one character too long to fit in one line on the forum so the last letter is below? Just wondering.
I want to type up my mums experience just to add to this thread, but be respectful because she is my mum. :smile:

1) Sikh (not a baptised sikh but very religious)
2) My mum says she has

3) My mum had a lot of infertility issues, I was concived 19 years after her marriage (which is rather late) and my brother was born 6 years later. So my mum said after a lot of failed attempt and a miscarriage the doctors said were adamant that she was infertile and she would never conceive.

Anyway, my mum and my aunty who lives in India (who also didn't have children at the time, now she has 2 boys around my age) visited Harmandir Sahib aka The Golden Temple, it is a very sacred/holy place for Sikhs.

There is a tree there, it is believed it has the ability to "dispel sorrow". My mum and aunty asked the people guarding it if they could pick fruit off it and give it to them, they said no, you can't pick fruit off it, you have to wait for it to fall off. They told my mum and aunty to come back later and if any fell they would give it to them.

Also, it's important to remember that Harmandir Sahib is FILLED, absolutely PACKED with people. It's so crowded and in some places you feel like you may lose your own head (she says from experience :tongue:...).

Anyway, so as you can imagine the fruit is a rarity, and if you do get any I severely doubt you would be sharing it around. But my mum said she was praying and a lady (she didn't see her face, or her form) spoke in her ear and asked her to open her hands, so my mum did and she dropped a berry in her hand and told my mum to eat the seeds and everything. Then she said in punjabi/Gurmukhi "No one leaves here empty handed with their wishes unfulfilled" (something along those lines) and then the lady left.

My mum swears she never saw her, but believes it was Gods form in disguise.

Then later they went back to the area and to the people guarding the tree, and they gave my aunty 2 berry and my mum 1. My mum said she was sad she only got one, and forgot about the earlier instance at the time.

Anyway my mum had 2 children, and so did my aunty. Also they both received 2 pieces of fruit each. It is rather interesting. :colondollar:

4) I believe my mum may think that, although I haven't ever properly asked.
Original post by FightToWin
Does it annoy you that your username is one character too long to fit in one line on the forum so the last letter is below? Just wondering.

I believe it's only just happened with the new format, it didn't when I first joined I don't think.

Tbh I never actually noticed.
Reply 38

So I want to ask anyone who believes in God:

1)What religion do you belong to?

2)Have you "experienced" God in any way, shape or form?

3)What was your experience?

4)Do you believe you will meet/experience God one day?

1) Islam. Deep down I've always been conscious of God, but I only became religious this year.

2) I believe so. I believe God guides and shows clear signs to those who turn to him and want him in their life.

3) I developed an interest in understanding religion and began to learn more due to all of the questions about life that consumed my thoughts every day.
I found the answers I needed and my life has improved so much since seeking help through prayer. It's the most personal thing in the world and makes me feel truly elated.

Everyone has their own experiences. It's all about what you feel; you either get it or you don't and if you don't get it, then forget it.

4) I believe that there's a time when humanity is destined to return to the creator.
Reply 39
I want to type up my mums experience just to add to this thread, but be respectful because she is my mum. :smile:

i'll be respectful but i won't tread on eggshells because you're trying to provide your mum's experience (which can be explained away easily) as some miraculous act of god. the same way you have an urge to describe your mothers anecdote as holy, i have an equal urge to describe it as totally natural.

i mean very simply put it's possible the doctors were just wrong - doctors have been wrong before, right? and considering this was a few years ago (likely in a non-western hospital?) i'd guess that it's more likely they were just wrong about your mothers fertility than it being a god. also the fact your mother just happens to visit holy indian sites means she is probably quite succeptible to this stuff and would totally explain why she attributed the pregnancies to it.

magical berries and god-in-drag had nothing to do with her pregnancies and you're naive to think they did.

Quick Reply