The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Love how the library screams "shoot" every time Xhaka gets the ball in the opposition's half :rofl:
Reply 701
Original post by midnightice
Iwobi-wan Kenobi

Them hands though
Swear Ozil's the luckiest guy when it comes to volleys.
Original post by leinad2012
Anyone seen shed?

http://media2.wcpo.com/photo/2015/06/26/Leesburg_storage_shed_damage3_1435362940976_20366175_ver1.0_640_480.JPG
Reply 704
Original post by midnightice

:rofl:
Original post by Rk2k14
Swear Ozil's the luckiest guy when it comes to volleys.

He's too good to be celebrating mis-hit volleys that bounce in. Not on
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Never thought I'd see the day, well done lads.

Mirin weave
Walcott was incredible
Original post by angelfox
Walcott was incredible

LOL. Would have been 5-0 if he wasn't brain dead.
That was ****ing beautiful. I have completely lost my voice. It was like watching football from the invincibles again, for that 90 minutes. It was like being a kid again, the little boy inside me was screaming "**** you Cesc, now its your turn, COME ON YOU GOONERSSS".

I am torn over Coquelin's injury though, some mugs just don't appreciate how integral he is to the team.

I never lost faith in this team, who are the Wenger out idiots going to replace with Wenger I wonder? Who can turn Chelsea over 3-0 at home? Any takers? Truth is, I am willing to say its the same mugs that leave early even though we are winning 3-0 against Chelsea. I wish the glory hunters can stayed ****ed off, I don't want them at the club. Hopefully Wenger gets to choose his crown prince and I hope it is someone young and with the calibre, such as Tuchel perhaps.

Having said that support against Chelsea was immense, Elephant man given hell, Cesc given hell. All good. There was just a real appreciation of how much effort the team were putting in to dominate the game. The commitment level in challenges etc (Bellerin omfg) , top quality.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah lets sack Wenger and bring in Eddie Howe... that'll ****ing work because he's young and English right!
Also big shoutout to BIG 17, he is the future of this club. Out ****ing standing, you don't teach what he has - the touch and the instinct !
Your 2nd goal was classic Arsenal.
Kanté got absolutely destroyed by Özil for the 3rd.

You played brilliantly but it just seemed way too easy. We didn't create as many when we played Chelsea at the Bridge, but again everything was just too easy.

Chelsea had several good chances to break and score today but it's almost like they didn't believe they could get the ball in the bet.
Original post by Lúcio
Your 2nd goal was classic Arsenal.
Kanté got absolutely destroyed by Özil for the 3rd.

You played brilliantly but it just seemed way too easy. We didn't create as many when we played Chelsea at the Bridge, but again everything was just too easy.

Chelsea had several good chances to break and score today but it's almost like they didn't believe they could get the ball in the bet.

I never lost my faith. I knew that we would come back :smile: I knew that my boyhood club would be back :smile:.

When you truly love the club and want it to maintain its traditions, landmarks like this is what being a fan of a true big club is all about. It is the football that makes people dream. It is the human relationships, the bond you have that means the club is just that little bit more than a corporate shell with detached and fake soulless men as managers.

The players? I saw the guys out there and people say Arsenal this and Arsenal that, but I saw players that were willing to put their faces and bodies on the line for the club, players that are willing to fight to the death for Wenger.

The redemption of the man. He can retire after this season now I think and have his head held high. We are so near now to being able to have a really respectable team.

One of the things I admire about Liverpool is that they did not go for Jose, they chose Rafa, a man of class and dignity. And they won the CL the right way, with class and in a manner that was art, it inspires.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wenger out?
Original post by Zerforax
Wenger out?

I think someone like Tuchel should come in, Wenger as director or football and a job for life. Passing on to the next generation.
Original post by James.Carnell
I think someone like Tuchel should come in, Wenger as director or football and a job for life. Passing on to the next generation.

Tuchell will come to Liverpool after Klopp since he's following him around :colondollar:

Was thinking how it's interesting that Wenger gets all this flak for no top striker when the biggest part of his legacy was making the likes of Henry and RVP into the world class strikers they were.
Tuchell will come to Liverpool after Klopp since he's following him around :colondollar:

Was thinking how it's interesting that Wenger gets all this flak for no top striker when the biggest part of his legacy was making the likes of Henry and RVP into the world class strikers they were.

RVP did not become a main striker until 24 lets not forget. He played a variety of roles from wing to second striker, before he became the main striker.

I am just going to accept that certain managers like to look for internal solutions and coaching rather than the buying option every single time. So, I am going to trust his judgment on the forward three and how he intends to organise them as an attacking unit. After all you know, who could have imagined that James Milner would be a top class left back?

Who could have imagined that Bellerin would be converted from right wing to right back and then become a player on the cusp of world class at such a young age? I believe that development within your football club is such an underrated facet of the game simply because as a sport we are obsessed with spending a lot of money on external solutions.

It is why I like looking at what Pep is doing so much, because he sees players and he thinks about how to change their thinking as players, and for them to be more adaptable. If these guys have the talent then it is a no brainer that you try to coach them rather than just looking at them in a narrow minded manner. Kolarov as an inside left winger? Kolarov as a ball playing centre half? That is the real beauty of the game to me. Not a indefinite chequebook that plunders less financially able teams.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wenger out?

Yes. It's not going to change on the basis of one result.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Yes. It's not going to change on the basis of one result.

Who would you hire though? On the basis of recent performances in other leagues I would only see Tuchel as the candidate I would like to see (however we should see how far he manages to push Bayern first). I think he is the real deal personally and Fjortoft seems convinced that the guys at Arsenal think he is the successor.

Quick Reply

Latest