The Student Room Group

To people who believe in God, could you answer my questions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
It does, somehow. Like, I knew it was God talking and not another religious figure/another part of the Trinity (I've had someone purporting to be Jesus speak to me before, and obviously there is the Holy Spirit in Christianity, as well as other religious figures mentioned in my post). And I knew it was God, and not my thoughts/imagination/another human's voice. It sounds terribly corney/cringey/like some happy clappy Christian crap, but when God genuinely speaks to you, you just know.
That said: this was basically me when God spoke to me: :eek: :headfire: :eek4: :hide: :afraid: :ahhhhh: :ninja:

seems more likely that it was just an internal dialogue in your head to me. i mean, it's not like you saw a god from a different religion - just the one you belonged to already. seems suspect to me !
It does, somehow. Like, I knew it was God talking and not another religious figure/another part of the Trinity (I've had someone purporting to be Jesus speak to me before, and obviously there is the Holy Spirit in Christianity, as well as other religious figures mentioned in my post). And I knew it was God, and not my thoughts/imagination/another human's voice. It sounds terribly corney/cringey/like some happy clappy Christian crap, but when God genuinely speaks to you, you just know.
That said: this was basically me when God spoke to me: :eek: :headfire: :eek4: :hide: :afraid: :ahhhhh: :ninja:

That is what everyone says! :tongue: "You just know" lol, it's what my mum says too XD

anyway thanks for your post, it was really good to read :-)
Reply 82
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
When did you read all the holy scriptures in Sikhism eihhhhh?

you already admitted they have a magical berry tree that makes barren women into fertile baby-producing machines - why would i delve further into the sikh desert scribblings when I already have such a prime example already?
Reply 83
1)What religion do you belong to?
I just worship God... No religion affiliate.
*This is due to parents being Anglican and 7th day somethings.. forcing me for 5 years straight to go to church (mainly the 7th day one)

2)Have you "experienced" God in any way, shape or form?
Yep

3)What was your experience?
Also thanks to the 7th day ??.. They had prophets... Some is hard to believe than others but most of it checks out if I'm honest. Some could predict things.. others told people what they have and stuff. Hard to explain :frown:

But personally.. maybe it was in my head but when I was also forced into becoming some sort of prophet underling.. There was a feeling that engulfed me and such (I was not on drugs :tongue: )

4)Do you believe you will meet/experience God one day?
Yes.. I mean unless I go to hell of course :s-smilie:
They aren't my beliefs, I don't claim them.

anyway cba to continue speaking to you, especially with your appalling grammar.

Right.Criticise my grammar.I'm on my phone I can't be bothered to check everything.Just portrays your lack of good arguments.And calling me disrespectful is not an argument.If your beliefs actually deserved respect then they would stand up to scrutiny.
1. Christian
2. Yes
3. Many, many times he has answered my prayers, even ones that seemed impossible so to me thats my way of 'experiencing' him. It just feels like hes right there, I ask him for something and I usually get it.
4. Yes, I really hope so!
Original post by iThrow
seems more likely that it was just an internal dialogue in your head to me. i mean, it's not like you saw a god from a different religion - just the one you belonged to already. seems suspect to me !

Fortunately, I'm not out to convince anyone of what happened to me :wink: The OP asked a question and I answered. You are free to not believe me. I wouldn't believe me either :biggrin:

That is what everyone says! :tongue: "You just know" lol, it's what my mum says too XD

anyway thanks for your post, it was really good to read :-)

No worries :jebus:
Reply 87
Fortunately, I'm not out to convince anyone of what happened to me :wink: The OP asked a question and I answered. You are free to not believe me. I wouldn't believe me either :biggrin:

well that just shows what poor standards you set for yourself because it doesn't work like that. if you have an extraordinary claim you better have extraordinary evidence to back it up - especially to yourself. i know some other words for people that think they hear a god talking to them and none of them are particularly attractive labels.
Original post by iThrow
well that just shows what poor standards you set for yourself because it doesn't work like that. if you have an extraordinary claim you better have extraordinary evidence to back it up - especially to yourself. i know some other words for people that think they hear a god talking to them and none of them are particularly attractive labels.

I have enough evidence gathered to believe it for myself, thanks :h: As indicated in my previous post, you are free to disagree with my claims/interpretations. I am not trying to prove to anyone that what I think happened to me actually happened - so I don't need to give you any extraordinary evidence :nah: I'm sorry that you feel "it doesn't work like that" but that's no skin off my nose :h:
Reply 89
I have enough evidence gathered to believe it for myself, thanks :h: As indicated in my previous post, you are free to disagree with my claims/interpretations. I am not trying to prove to anyone that what I think happened to me actually happened - so I don't need to give you any extraordinary evidence :nah: I'm sorry that you feel "it doesn't work like that" but that's no skin off my nose :h:

yeah that's just a cop out imo. go out into a public forum and say something which would be considered borderline-crazy by the average rational person and then refuse to provide anything tangible another than "lol but i saw it in my brains !"

as i said before the person you're letting down is yourself with such low standards for what you force yourself to accept as a tangible reality. a shocking example to set on a forum about education, imo.
Original post by iThrow
yeah that's just a cop out imo. go out into a public forum and say something which would be considered borderline-crazy by the average rational person and then refuse to provide anything tangible another than "lol but i saw it in my brains !"

as i said before the person you're letting down is yourself with such low standards for what you force yourself to accept as a tangible reality. a shocking example to set on a forum about education, imo.

Awww, it's very sweet for you to be concerned by my low standards! :h:

You are of course welcome to your opinion :yep:
Reply 91
Original post by Robby2312
Right.Criticise my grammar.I'm on my phone I can't be bothered to check everything.Just portrays your lack of good arguments.And calling me disrespectful is not an argument.If your beliefs actually deserved respect then they would stand up to scrutiny.

You are not expected to respect a person's beliefs, however you are expected to respect the fact that a person has beliefs, and to insult the fact that they believe in something is disrespectful. To be honest, one could consider atheism a belief that there is no deity at all.
The OP wanted to know about whether or not people felt that they have had an experience with G-d. In your case the answer is no, and so leave it at that. If others have felt that they have had an experience with whatever deity they believe in and they choose to share, it's not your place to ridicule and insult them.
Reply 92
Original post by spico

The OP wanted to know about whether or not people felt that they have had an experience with G-d. In your case the answer is no, and so leave it at that. If others have felt that they have had an experience with whatever deity they believe in and they choose to share, it's not your place to ridicule and insult them.

actually in fact that's kinda how we improve as a species by more-intelligent people coming down hard on the ridiculous musings of the less-intelligent. this is a pretty common thing on the internet where there is no shortage of either smart people or ridiculous musings. when evidence is provided its a different matter - then we can have debate based on evidence but if someones only evidence for something is what they "feel" then they should expect people to provide a robust resistance, like robby did.
Reply 93
Awww, it's very sweet for you to be concerned by my low standards! :h:

You are of course welcome to your opinion :yep:

hey well you're always welcome to provide evidence, then maybe i can be concerned by that instead. however passive-aggressive deflection seems to be more your thing so you just carry on with that.
@iThrow, you're really a sad person if you have nothing else to do but berate people about their beliefs. Your own insecurity about your belief is showing itself.

You may think you're doing a 'good' thing by berating peoples beliefs but you're just a bully.
Original post by iThrow
hey well you're always welcome to provide evidence, then maybe i can be concerned by that instead. however passive-aggressive deflection seems to be more your thing so you just carry on with that.

Yay - I got permission for passive-aggressive deflection :awesome: :king1: :banana:

I am not trying to convince you of anything, therefore I have no personal compulsion to provide you with any evidence :tongue: I answer to my Maker and to my confessor. Those are the only people I answer to/obey IRL. Just because you demand evidence does not mean I feel obliged to give any :console:

:biggrin:
Reply 96
Fine then, go on, fill this thread with 17 pages of insulting dribble which just so happened to be exactly what the OP politely asked you not do to. This thread was made for the purpose of allowing people to share their personal experiences, not for you to insult them. At least respect that, after all, it's a concept and so it can't believe in anything.
Reply 97
Original post by Kyou
@iThrow, you're really a sad person if you have nothing else to do but berate people about their beliefs. Your own insecurity about your belief is showing itself.

You may think you're doing a 'good' thing by berating peoples beliefs but you're just a bully.

ah the final resort of the ad-hominem attack
Original post by spico
Fine then, go on, fill this thread with 17 pages of insulting dribble which just so happened to be exactly what the OP politely asked you not do to. This thread was made for the purpose of allowing people to share their personal experiences, not for you to insult them. At least respect that, after all, it's a concept and so it can't believe in anything.

I really did want an insult/judgement free thread, but ugh this is TSR after all.

also it makes people not want to share any experience at all if they sense judgement
Reply 99
Yay - I got permission for passive-aggressive deflection :awesome: :king1: :banana:

I am not trying to convince you of anything, therefore I have no personal compulsion to provide you with any evidence :tongue: I answer to my Maker and to my confessor. Those are the only people I answer to/obey IRL. Just because you demand evidence does not mean I feel obliged to give any :console:

:biggrin:

no compulsion to provide yourself with any evidence either. i just hope the day doesn't come where your 'god' whispers into your ear for you to do something ultra scary/crazy, and if it does come that maybe you'll question it for a second or 2.

Quick Reply

Latest