The Student Room Group

Offer Rates for Top Universities Revealed (T&ST 2017)

Want to graduate from a top university? It may be easier to get an offer than you would expect:

Oxford - 24.8%
Cambridge - 33.5%
LSE - 37%
Edinburgh - 49.2%
Imperial College - 50.7%
St Andrews - 52.2%
UCL - 61.7%
KCL - 66.5%
Bristol - 67.3%
Durham - 69%
Glasgow - 74.3%
Bath - 78.4%
Warwick - 84.3%

See the full list in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 released today.

EDIT: correction - Average UCAS points for Cambridge should be 600.
(edited 7 years ago)
A link would be nice
Original post by ScienceFantatic
A link would be nice

There's a paywall unfortunately
Typical Warwick dying to fill their courses.
Original post by BabyLadDarren
Typical Warwick dying to fill their courses.

lol

was wondering if they even read the applications of their applicants before they give them an offer
How the hell is someone supposed to get 577 ucas points, for example?

Using the old system...
140*4 = 560. 4 A*s is still not enough.

Am I missing something? Either way, I don't think that's a requirement.
Reply 6
Is warwick known to be lenient with applicants?
What we don't know is how many applications and other details related to that. How do I infer likelihoods and other information from these statistics?
Reply 8
Original post by Kiritsugu
How the hell is someone supposed to get 577 ucas points, for example?

Using the old system...
140*4 = 560. 4 A*s is still not enough.

Am I missing something? Either way, I don't think that's a requirement.

There's extra things which one could do to gain more Ucas points. Like an EPQ, which is equivalent to an AS grade. So obviously they'd have A*A*A*A*a
Original post by Dann.It
There's extra things which one could do to gain more Ucas points. Like an EPQ, which is equivalent to an AS grade. So obviously they'd have A*A*A*A*a

I know. Once you know how to get the A*s, I think the rest of it is just time-consumption. Seriously though, 4 A*s (say it's not maths and fm) and also an epq plus other stuff. Hard work. And I hear people saying it's not worth doing 4 A-levels, well don't these stats disprove that claim?

I think it is worth doing 4 A-levels, if you can handle it, because it gives you more knowledge and opportunities for example I dropped chemistry so now it would be much more difficult to pursue a career in medicine. So 4 A-levels give more pathway opportunities.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure universities don't really care if you do 3 or 4, but going deeper, I'm sure that's not entirely true. Of course, no one will choose a candidate with 4 over 3 just because of the numbers.
Original post by Dann.It
Is warwick known to be lenient with applicants?

if they give offers to 84.3% of applicants... i think that answers your question :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by C_Richards99
Want to graduate from a top university? It may be easier to get an offer than you would expect:

Oxford - 24.8%
Cambridge - 33.5%
LSE - 37%
Edinburgh - 49.2%
Imperial College - 50.7%
St Andrews - 52.2%
UCL - 61.7%
KCL - 66.5%
Bristol - 67.3%
Durham - 69%
Glasgow - 74.3%
Bath - 78.4%
Warwick - 84.3%

See the full list in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 released today.

EDIT: correction - Average UCAS points for Cambridge should be 600.

This info is already given at uni/course level in Which? University. And WhatUni.

Also UCAS points are irrelevant for the universities that make A-level grade offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending