The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Good luck folks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathez11
Good luck folks!

The spots will be sooooo limited for you guys, good luck anyway though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mathez11
Good luck folks!

Are you not going to split your apps over Summer and Grad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Any idea when apps will be open?
Original post by frottnex
Any idea when apps will be open?

Goldman Sachs is already open. Greenhill opens later this month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Commercial Paper
Goldman Sachs is already open. Greenhill opens later this month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, they must have opened a couple of days ago. Thanks!
On Goldman Sachs' graduate scheme it says it is "ideally suited to those with little or no work experience", lol, what?
Original post by Terry Tibbs
On Goldman Sachs' graduate scheme it says it is "ideally suited to those with little or no work experience", lol, what?

Lies, lies and even more lies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Terry Tibbs

Saw that. I think they just want to make it clear its not for experienced professionals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Are people applying right away or waiting for possible events at universities before submitting? Seems kind of early for applications to open, was prepared for early September
Original post by JWScandic
Are people applying right away or waiting for possible events at universities before submitting? Seems kind of early for applications to open, was prepared for early September

Would apply ASAP, some spots get filled before early September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For GS, tempted to apply for Summer rather than Grad. They are rolling basis this year. I'm working very long hours as it is at the moment making this very difficult for me. Aiming to submit mine within the next three weeks.
For GS, tempted to apply for Summer rather than Grad. They are rolling basis this year. I'm working very long hours as it is at the moment making this very difficult for me. Aiming to submit mine within the next three weeks.

Sent them an email inquiring about this, summer is apparently a possibility for final years? Im doing a masters next academic year and unsure about the GS policy regarding this.
Sent them an email inquiring about this, summer is apparently a possibility for final years? Im doing a masters next academic year and unsure about the GS policy regarding this.

I'm not doing an MSc. They said to me final years can apply for summer. But that priority is given to those in their second year. In terms of whether an immediate start will be available after the internship, that is highly team dependent.
I'm not doing an MSc. They said to me final years can apply for summer. But that priority is given to those in their second year. In terms of whether an immediate start will be available after the internship, that is highly team dependent.

Good to know. Cheers and good luck!
Hiya, I got a low 2.1 in my second year and got a first in first year. I'm not sure as to why I scored poorly (even though a 2.1 is still good). I want to work in finance so will mainly be looking at investment banks for graduate schemes. I wanted to ask, has my chances of getting onto a good graduate scheme decreased drastically? Also, would it be advised to put the grade obtained or does it have to be the marks?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Original post by natnalie
Hiya, I got a low 2.1 in my second year and got a first in first year. I'm not sure as to why I scored poorly (even though a 2.1 is still good). I want to work in finance so will mainly be looking at investment banks for graduate schemes. I wanted to ask, has my chances of getting onto a good graduate scheme decreased drastically? Also, would it be advised to put the grade obtained or does it have to be the marks?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Doesn't really matter, you only have to put 2:1 on your application.
Currently doing an IBD Internship and thinking of trying for a few places. Would it be better going for Graduate or Internship again?
Original post by Liquid Gold.
Currently doing an IBD Internship and thinking of trying for a few places. Would it be better going for Graduate or Internship again?

Grad, you have your IBD summer to back you up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Grad, you have your IBD summer to back you up

Posted from TSR Mobile

My concern is the limited spaces. I wouldn't mind summering again if it led to more success, but ideally I'd like an immediate start/avoid a Masters.

Quick Reply

Latest