The Student Room Group

Fried Chicken Predicament

So I ordered some fried chicken last night and went to sleep without putting the leftover chicken in the fridge. Its been left out on the worktop for 8 hours. If I were to microwave it, would it be okay to eat?
Original post by vela1
So I ordered some fried chicken last night and went to sleep without putting the leftover chicken in the fridge. Its been left out on the worktop for 8 hours. If I were to microwave it, would it be okay to eat?

I would say probably not, unfortunately.
well did you?
Reply 3
Original post by homeland.lsw
well did you?

I couldn't risk it so threw it away. My vivid experience of food poisoning last year put me off.
Nah don't
Original post by vela1
I couldn't risk it so threw it away. My vivid experience of food poisoning last year put me off.

i guess in future keep leftovers in the fridge :h:
Probably fine to eat
Reply 7
stick it on extra hot and microwave off all those germs

a lot of these food products are heated and reheated and reheated so if it's your turn for poisoning, then so be it (it comes with the territory), but 8 hours won't do it really if you got it from a place that seemed to have "okay" standards.

i leave stuff out all the time (up to 2 days) but there's typically got to be something wrong with the food for it to harm you.
Reply 8
Original post by vela1

For a penguin like me, yes :smile:
You've got to be very careful with foods high in protein (chicken etc) since it provides an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. Of course, it's up to you but imo salmonella isn't worth the risk.

Quick Reply

Latest